Is it worth sticking with this book? I'm about a third of the way in and kind of frustrated...

Is it worth sticking with this book? I'm about a third of the way in and kind of frustrated. Maybe because I'm not that well read, I'm having to stop and look up 5-10 unknown words per page not to mention all the Spanish I'm translating. Is it worth the struggle?

Don't translate the spanish its not really key to the novel. If you must read it afterwards so you don't break your flow and use context clues to understand what is happening.

There is a lot less spanish as time goes on too. Also you will get through it! Keep pushing and the language will become second nature eventually.

Just read Moby-Dick. That's what he was imitating and it's better anyway.

ah, blood meridian, monsieur? that novel is the sark and chaparral of literature, the filament whereon rode the remuda of highbrow, corraled out of some destitute hacienda upon the arroya, quirting and splurting with main and with pyrolatrous coagulate of lobated grandiloquence. our eyes rode over the pages, monsieur, of that slatribed azotea like argonauts of suttee, juzgados of swole, bights and systoles of walleyed and tyrolean and carbolic and tectite and scurvid and querent and creosote and scapular malpais and shellalagh. we scalped, monsieur, the gantlet of its esker and led our naked bodies into the rebozos of its mennonite and siliceous fauna, wallowing in the jasper and the carnelian like archimandrites, teamsters, combers of cassinette scoria, centroids of holothurian chancre, with pizzles of enfiladed indigo panic grass in the saltbush of our vigas, true commodores of the written page, rebuses, monsieur, we were the mygale spiders too and the devonian and debouched pulque that settled on the frizzen studebakers, listening the wolves howling in the desert while we saw the judge rise out of a thicket of corbelled arches, whinstone, cairn, cholla, lemurs, femurs, leantos, moonblanched nacre, uncottered fistulas of groaning osnaburg and kelp, isomers of fluepipe and halms awap of griddle, guisado, pelancillo.

Personally I loved it, I'm a sucker for ultraviolence though.

same

Fucking lolled.

>He pursed his dry lips and spat on the ground

What was his problem?

literally mises the entire point of the ending paragraph of the novel. the author voice tells us the judge never sleeps but always qualifies the second statement: HE SAYS THAT he will never die

kek everytime

The ending of Blood Meridian is one of the biggest payoffs in literature, but the whole thing is pretty damn enjoyable.

blood meme is shilled by corncobbers who like psue middlebrow fiction its really not good

Ye olde burro ate the torilla, chewed it, swallowed it, spat and rode on against the Butcher Paper mountains.

Can someone explain the ending?

this is spot on; English is grand. Cormac is capable of style, but BM is a masturbatory work of shallow premise and the author shows no regard for the reader throughout.

don't bother. i only read half way before putting it down in disgust. this user has the right idea. BM isn't original, but it's perfect for those desiccated ultrafaggots who hang paintings of cowboys in their oak paneled offices

What do you mean by this?

i had to look up "sutler"
judging by the google results so did a lot of other people

C-Can you recommend some more noves that share the ultraviolence motive while having an equally great atmosphere ?

second this, need moar liek this book

Natural Born Killers has an average story but the violence and atmosphere make it worth watching. The Female Prisoner Scorpion movie series is a fun romp and has great over the top violence.

no it sucks

but who cares what the mexiniggers are saying

It's not really a novel, is it?

>I'm triggered!

jees totally worth it. the translated spanish sections can be downloaded in a pdf.

>pleb tier: Blood Meridian
>god tier: pic

Yes. Yes it it is. Even if you find the book to be trite shite, just learning wtf a destitute hacienda is might make other lit a lot easier to read.

Nigga that shit costs like 400 bucks nigga I work at mcdonalds.

Although finding out Holden was an actual real person that shared the same qualities as the judge is kinda scary.

>Nigga that shit costs like 400 bucks
I know, it's annoying. I want my own copy. It's about time they reprint it.

If you dont like it already, then you will not like the remainder. Also, dont translate anything - The Kid doesnt know Spanish so you should try to experience it the same way.

This is a better depiction of the Glanton gang. Prove me wrong.

Read

You're overthinking it, Mccarthy just wrote it that way because it reads better. The judge is omniscient and not mistaken in what he says.