Where do i start with him?

Where do i start with him?

Ubik, Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch, Flow My Tears, Do Androids Dream, are all good starters. VALIS is his magnum opus.

Don't start with Valis or Ubik since (as mentioned above) they're his best.
PKD is great and very accesible. I noticed many people who just get into reading usually start with him

I found Clans of the Alphane Moon particularly compelling. The premise struck me as such a genius idea and such a good case study of how politics might work.

Basically there is this moon colony that functioned as a psych ward, but then some disaster caused the inmates to rebel. The manics (Manses) become the warrior caste, the schizophrenics become a priesthood, the paranoaics become the statesmen, and so on.

Library of America order, as i did:

Man in the High Castle, then Three Stigmata, then Do Androids Dream...?, then Ubik.

i think high dick in the man castle is a good intro, and Three Stigmata is one of my PKD favorites. i personally don't like bookblade runner, but i also don't like the movie; YMMV. ubik is great, doubly so if you're a christian.

DUDE

Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch is where I started

The Greeks

the fuck am I reaading?

Start with the Dick

what did he mean by this

first Ubik, then A Scanner Darkly, then Valis

don't bother with the rest

DADOES is a good starting point. It's fairly straightforward and you'll likely already be vaguely familiar with it. It's a very simply written but profound book. Then I would probably jump to Ubik.

I would disregard anything before The Man in the High Castle (some are good, but they're a bit too standard) and after A Scanner Darkly (they're too weird to start with) for now. These are all still good, just not the best introductory material.

He's spamming threads with this and you are likely the samefag. I hope (you) both get banned.

So his Exegesis? Dick loved presocratic philosophy and it shows in his books.

Read Lem instead, guy was on another level

You could go in chronological order, but that would be hard. Just buy all the original paperbacks you can find and read them randomly. I definitely agree not to start with Valis or Ubik, as another user suggested. A Scanner Darkly is a cool one to start with, but really any of them is a good place to start. Don't neglect the short stories. Just troll eBay and buy stacks of the old originals. First printings and that kind of collector shit is lame, in my opinion, but instead just find reading copies with the most lurid covers you can find. His stuff is fun and meant to be thrashed and read. Just dive in.

What the fuck kind of opinion is this?

Also why does everyone hype up Ubik? It's good but not even in his top 5 best books. Maybe not even top 10.

Three Stigmata.
Solid and early in his career and still a "normal" sci fi book. Then Ubik then whatever you want. You can skip Man in the High Castle.
Flow my tears is the best Dick novel so keep it for later.

Chronological order is the best plan of attack.

Start with Community, THEN Rick and Morty. Harmontown is optional.

>reading a cabal of Soviet agents sharing a pseudonym

>You can skip Man in the High Castle
what did he mean by this

Not that user, but it should've been a short story imo.

K E K
E K E
K E K