He reads fiction

>he reads fiction

Even non-fiction is fiction to some extent.

I don't think you understand the point of reading, it isn't just fact-collection. It's intellectual, not just meant to absorb knowledge. Fiction is better in that sense than non-fiction is.

>reading in a cafe
>just some poetry collection
>a girl recognizes me from the past
>hey user what are you reading
>just the collected poems of manuel bandeira
>she immediately blushes
>o-oh i love him...

Thank you, based rat face.

>he reads under any pretext beyond personal enjoyment

Porra, anão, conta o resto

>he doesn't read fiction

You're like the balding 20 year old "future intellectual" engineering students who only read shmoop articles on Asimov, but worse.

>they waste their time reading about some made up world by some delusional faggot
might as well go watch some anime, play vidya and gtfo of Veeky Forums cancer

>implying non-fiction isn't always some political message spread some delusional author.
What can non-fiction convey that fiction can't? Real emotions? Barely, it is all just words.

>it is all just words.
Proper history books, not historical fiction. Well-written, well-researched, informative books.

So non-fiction is good. You can also still read fiction, because both are good genres.

Get, BTFO'd.

Sad little man you are.

keep wasting your time because hey, you'll live forever r-right?

die

Did you bang her?

It's wasting your time to read a story you like, but it's not wasting your time to read about the past for information that will never be of use to you.

You die either way.

>Even non-fiction is fiction to some extent.

fucking postmodernists get out OUT OUT OUT

>he

>You die either way.
read history and die with an actual understanding of the way the world works and the events that took place in it. read fiction and die with a bunch of made up stories about places that don't even exist. imbecile.

As a matter of fact yes

This sounds more like an argument not to read at all and to go out and experience life before you die

>implying your knowledge (or lack there of) doesn't get passed onto other people

Is that skub? I love that stuff!

fiction detected

The worst of all is when you try to control another person. If you think non-fiction is better than stick to it and let others stick to fiction. Do not try to interfere in others's lives.

>I could be reading my encyclopedia right now, but some uppity pleb has told how to live his life on an american shitflinging forum.

>he writes fiction

>not learning about a culture or historical era by enjoying its media.

Got the fedora on a bit too tight, huh?

Nope. Its actually quite the story the whole thing.

Share it
como eu posso fazer isso também seu viado só quero uma namoradinha que goste de ler

>Do not try to interfere in others's lives.
this was precisely why I made this thread. because of the all the shit I have to wade through while browsing Veeky Forums. I figure trying to get you guys to stop reading fiction might improve the quality of the board so I don't have to look at all of your terrible threads and posts whenever I feel like discussing literature.

Not yet, got her number and will probably set up a date during this week. We used to have English lessons together (Cultura Inglesa) and she actually had the initiative to talk to me and invite me to her table at the café. I had to hold on to my spaghetti the whole time.

Why the fuck would you impersonate me?

>he writes fiction

>MFW I see someone enjoying themselves

How fucking dare they. Don't they understand that life is serious business?

Why wouldn't I want to apreciate human creativity and complexity?

Most non fiction is not art, why would I waste my time reading something like that when there are more efficient ways to learn things?

there is only one fiction series worth the actual read.