I Bought A Book That Some Girl Annotated. What do?

I purchased The Castle by Fritz Kafka. Inside, a girl had scribbled all sorts of horrible annotations like "metaphor for God?", "Existential Horror", and "Is K. An Atheist?"

My fear is that when I die and my estate is distributed, my literary reputation, which will at that point be stellar, will simply plummet, and I will become the butt of many many highbrow and lowbrow jokes.

Should I throw the book away?

Yes. Throw yourself in, too.

Nobody is gonna give a shit about your "estate" unless you got 1st eds and unpublished manuscripts

fpbp

Don't worry, your fame will be sp widespread and your name so honored great graphologists from all over the world will work to their bones to restore the grandeur of your name

Remember that for anyone that matters they analyze handwriting so unless you write like her you're fine.

This is true, thanks for the consolation user, and would you like a free copy of my latest Tome, entitled All The Children Of Gambia Fell Into The Ever Expanding Black Hole Which Appeared, Inexplicably, In The Outfield Of The Newly Constructed Baseball Field?

>"Is K. An Atheist?"
Strange, right? Should've been "Is OP a faggot?".

annotate her annotations to show what a foolish woman she is so that the next person who opens the book will understand the situation and will respect you for the true intellectual that you are

this story is fake on the premise that women are interested in, much less read Kafka

Or you could just not be a massive faggot and give it to a used bookstore.

Even the most vapid and idiotic people are interested in looking smart and will pose with anything that makes them look smart.

Came here to say this Assert your literary dominance by pointing out the retardation. It will be the most valuable item in your estate.

is this holdover from /v/ or some shit? women love kafka. reading is a female dominated hobby.

t. lent a few kafka books to female friends

>women love kafka
>tfw no kafkaesque gf

>read Crime and Punishment from library
>someone wrote "suppressed homosexuality?"

draw dicks over her scribbles. No one will question your intelligentsia then.

...Before he dies, all his experiences in these long years gather themselves in his head to one point, a question he has not yet asked the girl. He waves her nearer, since he can no longer raise his stiffening body. The girl has to bend low towards him, for the difference in height between them has altered much to the man's disadvantage. "What do you want to know now?" asks the girl; "you are insatiable." "Everyone strives to reach the pussy," says the virgin, "so how does it happen that for all these many years no one but myself has ever begged for admittance?" The girl recognizes that the virgin has reached his end, and to let his failing senses catch the words, roars in his ear: "No one else could ever be admitted here, since this pussy was made only for you. I am now going to shut it."

ahahahah

You don't have to pretend around us

Your own fault for buying it used to make it look like you read the books to impress visitors.

>fritz kafka

why didn't you skim thru the pages before purchasing the book u dingus

Women love Fritz Kafka.
Seriously though, Kafka is not some underground secret tip, everyone has read Kafka.

>read Crime and Punishment from library
>someone wrote "suppressed homosexuality?"
>burst into tears and return the book

No they dont

write in the beginning pages of your current situation with the previous owner, you soft piece of shit.

>Women love Kafka

but do they understand him?

>muh alienation
>muh bureaucracy
>muh punishment
How can the female mind grasp such a deep thinker?

Lol a library copy of the stranger i had a few weeks ago had a bunch of shit scribbled in the margin, including 3 or 4 times where they underlined a passage and wrote "WTF???" next to it.

A bit off topic, but are there many examples of margin annotations becoming famous?
Fermat's last theorem of course, but any others?

Deposit the book at a communal library or a donation box and be done with it, and get you a new copy.

Check who was the last person who had that book and meet the girl. It would be quite an adventure and you will finally be a non virgin.

>alienation
>bureaucracy
>punishment

Sounds like a normal career track for a female teacher.

marx sent engles a political essay for engles to read and then discuss. Marx wrote in the margin something like "first lunch then its time for discussion". He meant that they would literally eat lunch when they met and exchange pleasantries before they discussed marx's essay.....it was taken out of context and interpreted as an allegory by lenin, stalin etc to justify mass atrocities during the realisation of communism in the USSR and for the details of "communism in practice" to be worked out at a later date.
Many people died due to this