Went to picadilly circus

>went to picadilly circus
>felt disgusted at the tourists and left immediately
>nothing to do on a cloudy day in London
>run out of things right now and don't have work until 9 days from now

Guys... Recommend me ONE book that will reaffirm my faith in anything at all. I've swallowed many of picrelated

Sein und Zeit

Jump off Tower Bridge.

Infinite.

Wait for it.

Jest.

A U R E L I U S

So I see you live in London, try to read "The People of the Abyss" by Jack London. It is set in London, at the beginning of 1900, and it consists on a serie of reportages the author wrote about London Working Class of the time, and the awful conditions they had to live in. Guarantee you, you will appreciate your reality maybe a little more. Some parts of that book are really depressing and touching, and the worst part is that it is about true stories. If you prefer something "lighter", I suggest you "history of a body" by Daniel Pennac, actually it isn't a Daniel Pennac's book, but just the diary of his bestfriend's father, who kept with him a diary for all his life, interrogating himself about his own body, how it changed since he was born (and desprised by his mother) to the lasts days before dying. Also this one is a true story, it gives you faith in humanity to know that some sort of people existed and still exist today, you just need to find them. Good reading!

>Unironically living in London

You deserve what you get

>recommending stoic resignation

we don't want to kill himself laddy

that took me 3 minutes to read. you really didnt specify how long.

>the cuck emperor telling others how to live

Join me in reading The Posthumous Papers of the Pickwick Club

Pic related. You are loved, Londonbro. Even if only by God.

>Bothering to be "disgusted" by tourists in, of all places, a western city like London
You are weak

the bible desu

mandems prolly in ldn for uni and has wants to chat about tourists kmt

>posting the shit translation
also i think you mean
>stoic acceptance of reality and general robustness
you don't need to be anything close to a stoic to derive utility from it

>Expecting anything other than a filthy profusion of tourists anywhere near Leicester Square

I often wonder why, exactly, tourists come to London. It's miserable, grey and expensive. There aren't any real attractions besides the galleries.
The Lego or M&M stores?

Why not pay one of those late night shisha places on Edgeware Road a visit whilst reading something orientalist like Vathek or Lawrence's Pillars of Wisdom - then it's easy to pretend that you're not in London at all. Alternatively, a curry house in Wembley whilst reading Kipling. ;^>

>tfw just did a 10.5 mile, three-and-a-half hour long night-walk from Cricklewood to Trafalgar Square to Camden and back again whilst listening to 2666 on audiobook.

>There aren't any real attractions

In London, are you fucking insane?

LIKE WOT?
The COCA COLA™ London eye?
Trafalgar Square?
Palace of Westminster? Big Ben won't even chime for the next five years (rip)
The GATES of Buckingham palace?

Madame Tussaud's, the London Dungeon and the Aquarium are all shitty tourist traps. Matter of fact, the Natural History Museum is too.
There isn't a great deal more that targets tourists.

(Monument, the South Bank and the V&A, and Maritime museums are pretty dope, though.)

>nothing to do on a cloudy day in London
i feel like i have read this somewhere before...

What is wrong with tourists? Should people not be allowed to travel and enjoy things?

No, at least not as easily as they do.
People should learn to be content where they are.

Hey man, you forgot the Catford cat!

>People should learn to be content where they are

Why is that? Whats wrong with wanting to see the world?

go to a museum or gallery you twat

As opposed to to what, ironically living in London?

Where is OP from?

What's wrong with wanting to fuck a cat?
What's wrong with wanting to smoke crystal meth?
There's nothing wrong with it if you are content the way you are and don't harm anyone in the process.
But we have reason to suspect that those who fuck cats and smoke crytal meth have some deep-seated issues and are in fact not content.
We have reason to think the same of tourists.
Would most of them live the traveling life that they do if it were not for publicly available plane travel?
Would most of them burden themselves with the hardships of a half year voyage by sail boat, death imminent every day?
If not, we can conclude that they are not motivated by an honest to God desire to see the places they "want" to travel to.
They can do without it.
They travel for the mindless fun of it, to distract themselves from the fact that they are discontent where they are.
Trouble is, they will be just as discontent whereever they travel, once the novelty wears off.