Why shouldn't I do law Veeky Forums?

Why shouldn't I do law Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

au.indeed.com/salaries/Professor-Salaries
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>90% of work automated within two decades
You tell me.

I was under the impression law required just as much interpersonal skill as it does technical skill. 1 of which automation can do.

because no matter what ou pick you're going to have a mental breakdown in two years and travel tot he dessert to "find yourself" and get picked up be some gay truckers/bikers and live out the prime of our life as part of their meth fueled neon midwestern harem of fembois

Oversaturated field of miserable career workers

Your impression is wrong. Law is mostly heaps of paperwork. Very few get to tell the court stenographer to strike "traps aren't gay" from the record.

lawyers are literally heroes

What option does a mathematically useless, humanities/english inclined person have if they want to be financially comfortable and relatively content with life?

It's boring, genuinely not intellectually fulfilling

Thoughts on being a professor? Great pay, on a constant pursuit of knowledge...

>thoughts on spending decades as a miserable postdoc on mcdonalds tier pay, not getting a tenure and shooting yourself with head
Outstanding.

Where I am the avg pay for a professor is $180k

Are you mentally challenged or something?

Idk tell me when you find it.

Where do you live FANTASYLAND?

Australia. I was a bit off, it's $172k.

au.indeed.com/salaries/Professor-Salaries

Low aspirations and government work
Marrying up

because it is so fucking boring.
this is you on law:
you are not creative, you are not constructive, you will not engage in philosophy of law, you will abide by authority, you will be constrained in a framework, you will change nothing, you will be one in a million, you will be exhausted.

t. lawyer

>Low aspirations and government work
>Marrying up
Studying law helps you achieve both of these.

should've become a judge then

did some volunteering during summer at a court
I live in slavland, so you really get to listen to a lot of extremely interesting personal stories about whatever the fuck
being in an actual trial, witnessing it, is one of the most interesting experiences i had all year
there's botched surgeries, teen gangs, murders, pimps with prostitute rings, just interesting stuff all around
but when you go back to your desk and start dealing with paperwork (and paperwork is like 75% of the working day) you'll quickly start despising yourself and the situation you're in
it's soul-crushing, monotonous work and when you do it for a month it'll start to become very clear how man was not designed for office work
there's nothing i'd like more than to pursue a career in art or media, but law school might be my only choice

no. i don't like judging people. i don't think laws are just or even applicable. you are always entangled in hierarchical structures and the legislative, which is so full of shit.
laws as well as verdicts are just thinly veiled political and emotional prejudices concealed in a container of pseudo-rational gibberish in order to maintain a useless professional caste.

just ask yourself this question:
do you want to be someone who does or someone who manages. if you don't have anything to say and like dealing with other people's problems all day, but instead of solving them you are trying to blame someone ex ante for them, then law is the perfect profession for you.

Why is it your only choice?

What can you do with money really? Is it worth working like a slave for your whole life despising your situation just to get some more cash? If you have enough for a place to live in, rent and food you need nothing more.

my parents would die prematurely if i pursued a career in art

So you are gonna be a slave to your parents and waste away your life instead of living according to yourself?

i live with the mindset that i owe them my life
they even got an apartament for me if i do law
but you're actually right, I've been thinking a lot about it and i decided that i'll have to disobey them and go for media/editing/audio/video
i'll have to take out a loan for university and probably starve for a few years, but it'll be worth it

Terminal retard. Do you know what a tenure track is? Do you understand that becoming a professor is not just walking into an interview after your PhD? Are you 12 or something?

Do not go into law, at all, it is mind-numbingly boring. It will burn your mind, reduce your ability to think, replace any creativity you ever had with a sad bureaucratic spirit. The pay is not good for the first few years, it is difficult to find a job (at least in Canada/US) because the market is over-saturated, the work hours are long and mostly boring, and all you will do is function in a tightly constrained bureaucratic frame to produce meaningless legal documents. If you happen to practice before the courts, which very lawyers do, then, contrary to your expectations, you will not develop any new theories of philosophy of law or study anything even remotely challenging or complex ; rather, you feel simply spit out any argument you can think of in front of a judge you hope will accept one of them, even if they are grounded in emotion, politics, fallacies, etc., because true legal reasoning doesn't matter.

Being a lawyer is also being a professional car sellsman : you will have to persuade your clients to buy into your services and ''defend their rights'' even if you don't believe in any of it, and it's mostly a professional LARPing scam. Oh, and most of your peers are genuinely idiots with inflated egos.

Law is a terrible discipline populated mostly by pretentious idiots.

t. Lawyer who is suicidal and regrets his life decisions.

sounds pretty Veeky Forums to me

Because you'll be selling your pen and mouth to argue for the benefit of another human.
Because your tongue will no longer be the conduit of your own soul, but instead become the prostitute of a monetary exchange and another person's will.
Because you will no longer be the master of your own fate.