Nobels BTFO

Where were you when my boy Garrison Keillor BTFO the nobel committee and nipponese hack Kazuo Ishituro?

google.com/amp/s/www.adn.com/opinions/national-opinions/2017/10/11/to-satisfy-the-swedes-a-nobel-lit-winner-must-work-the-abyss/?outputType=amp-type

>Once again the humorless Swedes have chosen a writer of migraines for the Nobel Prize in literature, an author of twilight meditations on time and memory and mortality and cold toast by loners looking at bad wallpaper. It's not a prize for literature, it's a prize for nihilism. The Swedes said he's like Jane Austen combined with Kafka with some of Proust, three other writers you'd never invite to a party.

>All the Swedes with a sense of humor came to America and so what the Nobel judges recognize is bleak, cramped, emotionally stunted, enigmatic, pretentious. Millions of people around the world understand the concept of reading books for pleasure but the Swedes think of it as a form of colonoscopy. If they gave a Nobel Prize for food, they'd give it to quinoa.

>I say, let the Swedes give the prize for urban planning. Let the Jews give the Nobel Prize. They know from literature. Compare a list of great Jewish writers and a list of great Swedish writers. I rest my case.

Nobel prize for literature? More like, Nobel prize for SHITerature ahahahahaha

Hahaha yes man goof and gags are the pinnacle of literature, who cares about reality and shiet, based jews can make blood libel seem funny and cool.

Ha thanks i had a laugh

It's her turn. Fucking humourless swedes.

Is this real? If so: HAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A FUCKING PLEB

I can't actually tell whether it's an ironical piece, a brilliant bait or a try out of some new American superweapon designed to kill through sheer power of retardation.

>he wouldn't have a cheeky banter with Jane at the party followed by a discrete cunnilingus in the bathroom
american "humorists," everyone

Who the fuck wouldn't like to party with Kafka? And quinoa is good af.

Keilor. Or should I say (((Keilor)))? I wonder who could be behind (((this)))?

>If they gave a Nobel Prize for food, they'd give it to the most nutritionally valuable cereal in the world that is tested by NASA as primary foodstuff for long-range range space flights.
>that would be bad

(((Keilor))). I recommend reading The Culture of Critique.

Is Mario really as good as everyone says? How much of his books, if at all, are propaganda?

>kafka and austen are humourless but roth is SO FUNNY that boring people would never give him an award because he's simply THAT FUNNY

Kafka is much funnier than Garrison Keillor

Oy vey he's not wrong. What a great ally you are Mr Keillor!

>nobel prize should go to writers I want to have a beer with

>you would never invite proust to a party
What the fuck, proust was funny as fuck

>Jane Austen combined with Kafka with some of Proust, three other writers you'd never invite to a party.
Dumbest shit I've read all day, and I'm on Veeky Forums.

This man should be the official king of Veeky Forums brainlets.

Too hard to clean the semen off your rats afterwards, is what I believe Keillor is alluding to.

Who?

Hes right about all swedes that went to america lost their souls and then came back to bring sweden to hell with them

>radio personality
my fucking sides

It really bothers me how he whistles when he says any word that has an s in it. That and the general "oh golly gosh" routine made PHC unbearable.

>doesn't know what nihilism is
>reading books for pleasure
>Jewish supremacy

into the trash it goes

>doesn't know what nihilism is
Yes, that was painful to read.

Jane austen would be a riot at a party

this is why no one likes Americans
t. American

> Let the Jews give the Nobel Prize. They know from literature. Compare a list of great Jewish writers and a list of great Swedish writers.

But what did he mean by this?

> Of course all the book critics applauded the choice of Kazuo Ishiguro: Praising the dull and deadly is a time-tested way to demonstrate [pseudo] intellectual superiority.

I'd say this describes Veeky Forums rather well, don't you think?

Are you implying I have rats in my house???!?

He's salty his friend Roth didn't win.

SWEDEN NO

fun fact if you save this image to you're computer you're added to a list on the SPLC's database.

I mean he's right in the narrow sense that Kazuo is shit.

Read The feast of the goat and judge for yourself. What do you mean propaganda? Of what kind?

>alaska dispatch news
never heard of this publication before.

>he wouldn't invite proust to a party
what a moron.

Goyim should not be allowed to write books, or even read them. They should not be allowed to learn how to read and write.

Pretty rich for a German guy who got famous off of "le humorless stoic Swedes and Norwegians" stereotypes.

He has no idea what nihilism is and I guarantee you he hasn't read Austen, Kafka, Proust, or anything much at all. This is one of those times where instead of getting angry, or laughing, I just feel sad.

"A Prairie Home Companion" received a Peabody Award in 1980.
Keillor received a Medal for Spoken Language from the American Academy of Arts and Letters in 1990.[65]
In 1994, Keillor was inducted into the National Radio Hall of Fame.[66]
He received a National Humanities Medal from the National Endowment for the Humanities in 1999.[65]
"Welcome to Minnesota" markers in interstate rest areas near the state's borders include statements such as "Like its neighbors, the thirty-second state grew as a collection of small farm communities, many settled by immigrants from Scandinavia and Germany. Two of the nation's favorite fictional small towns – Sinclair Lewis's Gopher Prairie and Garrison Keillor's Lake Wobegon – reflect that heritage."[67]
In 2007, The Moth, a NYC-based not-for-profit storytelling organization, awarded Garrison Keillor the first The Moth Award – Honoring the Art of the Raconteur at the annual Moth Ball.[68]
In September 2007, Keillor was awarded the 2007 John Steinbeck Award, given to artists who capture "the spirit of Steinbeck's empathy, commitment to democratic values, and belief in the dignity of the common man."

he's also on the advisory board for the library of america and a published author.

and then there's you...

>not at least enjoying "Ruth Harrison, Reference Librarian"
It's that hipster fuck they got to replace him who's unbearable

Keillor is a member of the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party.[48] He is 6 ft 3 in (1.90 m) tall.[49] He considers himself a loner and prefers not to make eye contact with people. Though not diagnosed, he also considers himself to be on the high-functioning end of the autism spectrum.[50] He spoke about his experiences as an autistic person in his keynote address at the 19th Annual Minnesota Autism Conference in 2014.[51][52]

No wonder an autist can understand the emotional depth of Kafka, Proust and to a lesser degree Ishiguro

that should read *can't understand

He obviously doesn't know Kafka or Proust very well
What a dumb hack

>literally demanding for more jewish control on culture

>Let the Jews give the Nobel Prize.
Cheeky kike.

God-damn OP, don't scare me like that.

I live in Minneapolis and I was briefly afraid that Garrison had won. He would have been even more absolutely god-damn insufferable than he already is, and I would have had to hear about it for months on end. Not to mention that two laureates in a row (despite Dylan having gotten the fuck out at the earliest convenience and never having looked back) would have given all Minnesotans an even more unwarranted self-importance. We live in a flyover, get the fuck over yourselves. Don't scare me like that OP!

Just finished The Remains of the Day. It was good. Didn't think I'd be so interested in the thoughts of a butler. Not sure what this guy means by saying Kazuo winning is a celebration of nihilism because the book I just read is very much the opposite of that.

>I say, let the Swedes give the prize for urban planning. Let the Jews give the Nobel Prize. They know from literature. Compare a list of great Jewish writers and a list of great Swedish writers. I rest my case.
Is he talking about Philip "burgerkike" Roth?

The line about "looking at bad wallpaper" was pretty funny desu. Keillor is intolerable though. I hate his show and his "aw geez" shtick. Regardless, Ishiguro shouldn't have won.

Who do you think should have won?

Graham Greene

I'm alright with him because I don't have to be distracted by a lisp at least.

>Steinbeck's empathy, commitment to democratic values, and belief in the dignity of the common man
Jesus christ I fucking hate steinbeck that fronting bourgeois hack

The Nobel prize should be a hydrogen bomb for Sweden

Cormac McCarthy has to win soon... r-right?

I read that whole thing in his voice

Are you calling me a german? Go fuck yourself.

He has a point about comic writing not being rewarded enough, though Proust and Austen are pretty funny and Roth isn't getting the prize more because SA members think he's a misogynist than because of his humor. But he's making a mistake at the other extreme in dismissing less overtly comic writing.

An American won last year and another anglophone this year, I would say he has more chances of dying than getting the Nobel.

well no because he has yet to write a good book or poem which is kind of what the prize is about so...

Are you retarded? In what bizarro universe would anyone even entertain the idea of this nobody ever winning the Nobel?

that's not true that he prefers not to make eye contact.

>flying out of MSP to go to ohio for a funeral
>super early flight (5 am), getting some coffee after going through security in terminal 1
>tall guy walking in my direction, face is very striking
>this guy looks so familiar, how do i know him??
>looking at him, sipping my coffee, wife is wondering why i'm staring at some dude
>he makes eye contact with me
>GLARE OF DEATH
>quickly moves past us
>2 minutes later realize that was GaryK and he was giving me the death stare so i wouldn't ask for his autograph/cause a scene

????

nigga do you know how they decide who to give the award to? one big criteria is that the artist be living at the date of the announcement.

also, while i enjoy me some greene, nobel prize? really? considering all the others who never received it who deserved it so much more?

you're right ishiguru is far superior. so subtle, so intricate. why ever honestly communicate anything when so much can be said through emotionally detached narrators

>le "you must be a lot of fun at parties" reddit-tier criticism
>ripping into Kafka and Proust (both Jews) and then fellating the supposed supremacy of Jewish literature
I think it's time for the urn, you old Boomer moron

I assumed as a former politician he'd have an agenda to push. I will check out Feast of the Goat.

>zionist who dislikes quinoa
Holy shit. There is nothing more plebeian than this trash.

I don't know idiot, how about the exact same bizarro wacky universe where:

-Donald Trump is president (this is a good thing)
-The Chicago Cubs are the World Series Champions (again, good thing but wacky)
-the talentless Zimmermann got a Nobel (this is not a good thing)

?

It's like you haven't noticed that we've slipped into a new time slip where everything is possible and all is permitted. Strange in a young person. You should be more idealistic for your age.

wow user good point

As a son of Minnesota, I have to say that I never did like garrison Keillor.

An American sucking Jewish dick, never seen that before.

it was bad enough when Al Franken became a senator

you sound like youve read less than 200 books in your life and are 18-19 yo and consider yourself smart but lazy with no measurable achievement or discernible talent

You sound like the kind of person I would never like to meet. Just wanted you to know that.

Wtf I hate jews now

dwight ... easy on the gags

Thile is a pretty good bluegrass musician though.

this

He's mediocre, with admittedly perfect control over his instrument. The majority of his popular works are covers, which is probably because his oc is a mess. Even his covers are unoriginal outside of instrument choice.

The cover of "another new world" played live in dublin is however is a work of unequivocal genius.

>Philip Roth should've won
>not Cormac Mccarthy
getting real tired of this shit

Not saying he doesn't have merit, but under what grounds would the committee officially award Chuck McShillelagh?

I feel like there are better arguments against awarding the prize to fucking Ishiguro than "he's too somber!"

What a retard.

>The Swedes said he's like Jane Austen combined with Kafka with some of Proust, three other writers you'd never invite to a party.
Jej

I don't agree with all of his points, but isn't he right about the nobel committee? It seems like they only give out prizes to famous people (like Bob Dylan) or writers who aren't all that amazing but fit the description of ""literature"" (like ishiguro). Seems like they never recognize true talent. Why does Bob Dylan and some no name journalist get a prize but not Cormac McCarthy or Thomas pynchon?

a minimalist, so almost Scandinavian, attitude to punctuation.

You can get your answer in fifty years or so. Won't be worth the wait

>ishiguro isn't amazing
let me guess you read 0-1 books of his but formed your opinion from a combination of wikipedia, "think"pieces, secondhand opinion, and sheer arbitrary judgements
don't bother replying

>He has no idea what nihilism is and I guarantee you he hasn't read Austen, Kafka, Proust
Yeah, and Peterson doesn't know what postmodernism is either
Fuck, I hate Veeky Forums sometimes