reddit.com
youtube.com/watch?v=7Ij_1BLhReY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The poem in question btw

>"Indigenous"
>Van Neerden
>Literally white

>indigenous
This is terrible. Is this Rupi-tier shit a female thing or a modern thing? It’s just fucking terrible. Just awful.

It's a lot better than Rupi.

She obviously has one drop not, and that's enough.

That's one hyuuge jaw.

This really is a lot better than Rupi Kaur.

The poem isn't that bad. But it isn't great. That's beside the point.

She doesn't deserve to be harassed because the education department decided to include one of her poems in an exam.

The kids doing this are fucking retards.

That said, bar a couple of obviously racist examples, the media has really blown this out of proportion.

If you think this is le terrible "modern" formless poetry, I know for a fact you can't write poetry.

At least this has some regularity and meter. It evokes something. The words seem carefully chosen. It gives some sense of a time and place and a feeling.

It's not 10/10, but it's better than most of the crap going.

In fact the rhythm of this poem is quite good. Matches with the narrative of childhood, blends with the listing of recollections, resembles the jaunty uncertainty of that period between childhood and adolescence

>obviously racist
>>>reddit

>Beset with a dire sense of failure, you took to social media and sent the author of the poem vile messages: Your poem is a cancer. Go and kill yourself. It reads like a four year old wrote it. F*** you and your stupid … bulls***.
>One student posted a picture of a monkey typing, with the caption: “LEAKED IMAGE OF THE AUTHOR OF MANGO.”
>Another vile image shows a mashup of images from the animation Rick and Morty with the text: “I’m gonna need you to take these mangos and shove them up your butt.”
based

Not only that, but the she's walking on this edge between sexuality and innocence.

The dripping on the chin of the mango juice, the fact that she's meeting boys, the obvious setting of opposition between boys and girls really plays against the innocence of childhood, of having an innocent time with boys, eating a mango. In a few years that will change with their bodies.

This poem's alright.

No she doesn't deserve to have her shitty poem being included in an exam. We have hundreds of years worth of poetic tradition to use

18 year olds in our current cultural society are too stupid to critique or understand the difference between bad or good poetry. I don't know why they even bother making them try.

It's a good poem.

These memesters have down syndrome. I know it.

>It's a good poem.
I just disagree

"Tufts of hair"
"Never had one"
"the squeeze of a cheek"
Yeah its kind of sexual. Bit heavy handed.

>That said, bar a couple of obviously racist examples,
Do we even know what was said? I wouldn't be surprised if it was just lad banter

>Do we even know what was said? I wouldn't be surprised if it was just lad banter

Calling her a "coon" and a couple other things (directly posted/sent to her). It was obviously meant to be ironically provocative from some goofball idiot. But people who aren't into meme culture aren't going to get that, and I doubt the author would, and in any case it's still harassment.

Not that she's even properly indigenous anyway.

She doesn't

>One student posted a picture of a monkey typing, with the caption: “LEAKED IMAGE OF THE AUTHOR OF MANGO.”
The "monkey at a typewriter" metaphor is now racist?

Not exactly great, but as previous posters pointed out, far from Rupi Kaur.
The posters on Veeky Forums, as you can deduce from OC poetry threads, are mostly larping neckbeards writing in lofty diction about winedark seas and calling to Hefaistos, expecting to be hailed as saviours of Western Canon. Of course they don't have a discerning ear. There was this thread where someone asked for advices and a bunch of retards immediately went in with DURR POETRY HAS TO RHYME WHATS THE POINT OTHERWISE. Bunch of schoolchildren with no knowledge and hot opinions to match it.

Not sure where this happened or who was involved, but if these are white kids this is a good and furthering sign that gen z is uncucked and boldly lashing out at the diversity nonsense being shoved down their throats.

I knew the Rupi-tier poetry trend would be a disease. Now any pleb can write 'poetry', which is really just Tumblr-y presentations of words.

No.

It would be a good sign if the kids were attacking the media who is making this into something it isn't.

But many of them are attacking the poet herself.

> Now any pleb can write 'poetry', which is really just Tumblr-y presentations of words.
write a better poem than hers, now.

She is non-white yet trying to instruct them about their own cultural heritage she has no place in, good on them.

She wasn't the one shoving her poem, though. These little cunts are part of the problem.

Or you can see it differently; they haven't been taught to like shit poetry like those from Van Neerven, which is literally babby-tier. Half the complaints were that is was shit, too easy, not worth analysing, and lacking any technical mastery. If you read to them one of the great poets, they might not like the poem but almost every person who reads it will tell you that its a masterful piece of work.

Plebs might not appreciate poetry or literary works, so they will say it sucks, but I think the backlash from this poem is a little different from the ordinary high school work like Animal Farm, Lord of the Flies, Great Gatsby etc.

Felines
Peel limes

These glorified ethnic writers are SCUM. They could never subsist of their talent or intellect, so they prop themselves up with their protected statuses of "indigenous", "first nations", "muslim". Oh, you won a literary award for best female indigenous writer? How about you get a lobotomy. If you were forced to read garbage like this in highschool you'd be an evil racist too. The examiners don't select content on merit, they select based on criterion such as gender and race. A proportion of texts must be by aboriginals and assorted non-whites, at least half must be by women, they have to be "affirming" in their moral content (take a fucking guess what this means in political context). It's a travesty. Do you know what analysing femenist indigenous lgbtiq+ literature in a morally affirming manner, with prescribed liberal axioms on pain of all future academic failure did to me? It turned me into the gibbering Evolian that hunted down this thread from /pol/ and wrote this comment. Fuck VCAA, fuck Victoria, fuck you ASIO. I know you're reading this.

>random line breaks
Instant garbage.

>and lacking any technical mastery.
as if a bunch of 18 y olds (or most people on Veeky Forums on that matter) were able to see that through proper analysis

>If you read to them one of the great poets, they might not like the poem but almost every person who reads it will tell you that its a masterful piece of work.

No they won't. They will only appreciate it because "it's classic. It must be good." Give one of these kids a poem by Hart Crane and tell them it was written by a contemporary Australian poet and they'd probably shit on it too.

Her poetry contains a theme. It uses meter. She was selective with her word choice. It at least deserves a well reasoned and thoughtful critique. Not "Durrrr durr stupid word words just random fucking modern durr." The words aren't random. The fact that people in this thread are comparing this earnest attempt at poetry with the likes of Rupi Kaur speaks volumes about the capacity Veeky Forums posters have to appraise poetry.
I bet most of the people denouncing her poetry as shit don't even know what a spondee is.
I rate the poem 5/10.

This is worse.

If they are white, the racial awareness they are displaying by identifying and attacking an outsider who is mimicking aspects of their culture for status and resources is a positive and healthy sign.

Say whatever else you want but the line breaks obviously aren't random.

It's a contemporary poem about coming of age. It's a good use of a poem for a yr 12 exam.

I bet it was not
>I think the linebreaks are pointless and random
>there is no sense of style
>the point is too vague

And mostly
>FUCKING BITCH
>I hope you get raped
>look at her manjaw lmao
>SJWs reeee
>Custer should have killed you red niggers
>oy vey it's anuddah trail of tears

So at this point it does not matter if her poetry is bad or not.

the kid that posted this is getting death threats and constant home calls
it's an "identity" poem by some feminist 5% aboriginal selected for the author's protected status as oppressed and underrepresented. It's selected on an ideological basis.

>This is worse.
My poem evokes
a reaction,
whether it be
illness,
thus more so
qualified
as having
artistic meritability.

How is it about identity? Please write a short essay examining the poem

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nice.

>evokes

If so, those are positive signs that young white men are seeing through and not accepting this jewish bullshit anymore. This is a good thing.

>>>reddit.com

You're doing her a service you stupid monkey but I know you're too stupid to realize it. People who couldn't give a fuck about it will take her side because all they see is some losers like you shitting on some woman. So go ahead.

It's a sign that young white men are acting like young white men have always acted. They're not more politically attuned than any other era in history. They're kids fucking about because they're arrogant.

So does this basically mean:

"Here I was a relatively poor girl who then was treated very poorly in a sexual manner by horny guys who, after going too far, realized I am a human being"

?

Where does it say that?

the true voice of our generation
youtube.com/watch?v=7Ij_1BLhReY
>implying I care
I don't even have a social media account. It doesn't matter because she and all the rest of these protected minorities are going to get a free ride either way. Good to see these new breeds of bleeding heart idiots getting blasted about it, I couldn't care less about the outcome so long as it's a spectacle and opposition to this garbage is on display.

>If you critique based on certain criteria it is very good.

No sweetie. Poetry in the 21st century is hot garbage and nothing you say will make me change my mind. Poetry like hers and Rupi's compared to the classics, epic poets and 20th century poets are like equivalent to any of the following: great art vs modern ""art"" that is nothing more than swirls of colour and paint splashes; older buildings and architecture vs modern cookie cutter urban houses and glass towers; or for a lesser related comparison even things like pic related - soulless, minimalist shit which can be seen on almost any sort of logo, design, or signage everywhere now.

There used to be a higher standard of aesthetic in art. Today, we allow bottom of the barrel low-brow trash to win awards. There used to be barriers to entry - being a good poet required tremendous skill and god-given talent. Now any brainlet can saturate the market with their crap like Mangoes.

modern "art" started with cezanne,i assume you mean contemporary, then again you as most people railing against it use many terms very interchangeably so as to obscure the fact that you know nothing about nothing

regardless of this, how and why are you defending this poem

Decent bait.

Of course they are, these are kids of the internet generation who have used the information on it to bypass their jewish indoctrination and attack sacred cows like this diversity hire enginess they're being told they should give a shit about.

>eight years old [...] abandoned machinery
Poor girl, shit town

>meeting the boys at the dam
Adulthood (water) being held back by inexperience

>not cold in
First sexual experience is fun

>boys talking about mangoes
Boys are talking about verginas

>slapping water
Slapping vergina

>some never had one
Some are virgyns

>squeeze of the cheek
Grabbing her bum

>a dog jumps in
The essential beastliness of masculinity reveals itself

>they pull on tufts of hair
They rape

>clouds break
Dam (hymen) is presumably overwhelmed, adulthood begins

>they remember my birthday is tomorrow
They come to their senses and think "oh damn all that for a mango!?" (vergina!?!?)

Regardless of anything why are you attacking it? Is it something to do with da Djooz?

who is this fine ebony godess?

No they're doing the same thing young men have done forever which is try to look cool and edgy by making fun of things in front of others. The same thing happened when I was young and it had nothing to do with awareness of jewish diversity propaganda.

>Defending it on principle.

Holy white knight. Go the fuck back to R3ddit. People are attacking it because it sucks.

i'm not "defending" anything, so far in this thread i just pointed out that the critcism aimed it consists of nothing more than buzzwords

as said, many of the pople here wouldn't even know what spondee is, and yet they try to act self righteous about this, you did something similar in principle as well by having factually incorrect spergout about modern art

And you wonder why no one in their right mind wants to talk to you. Ever. No more (You)s from me.

People think the classics suck as well. The quality of the poem is irrelevant.

Look at the quality of the criticism in this thread and then seriously wonder why the quality of art is so low.

WAS i RIGHT about this ?

>Nothing more than buzzwords
>Attaching negative stigma towards ubiquitous and key words relating to poetry, art and literary criticism.

How many times have we heard someone use "buzzwords" as a critique of another group? What buzzwords are you talking about? And such words you call 'buzzwords' are the appropriate words to critique her poem or describe why she sucks.

>Knowing what a spondee is makes you qualified to critique a poem.

Please fuck off.

Do you seriously think this Maori Haka Practice Enthusiast Hut is representative of anything?

Not him but explain to me why this poem sucks. Greentext it.

I think it most definitely does. They're on the right path. Not that I would expect a 16 year old, or even a 21 year old, to be all that interested in it over chasing pussy and getting drunk, but it's a good sign they are behaving this way in spite of the propaganda that tries to condemn them for doing anything other than bowing down to engine rape baby "poets."

>POLITICAL REASONS

I'm a tanned Greek guy. If a "black" person has lighter skin than me, then they don't count as black in my book.

Most of them will mature into judaised cucks. The actions of young men is not indicative of any political change. None of them can even vote

The feline
He destroyed his peel
Yes
YES
The lime is out

Look up "hyperbole" in a dictionary you fucking autist.

who's to say?

>BUT WHAT ABOUT THE MEMES

Indigenous isn't white?

It's a poem, not an allegory. I don't think anything literally sexual is "meant" to have happened. It is suggested, her birthday is her approach of puberty

abo you munted cunt

gas all non-whites desu

this

>it's a poem, not an allegory

What is the fucking point of poetry, really? Poems like this just come across as puzzles to be solved (i.e. replacing X with Symbol 1, Y with Symbol 2). What's the point of saying "chill dude it means whatever you want bro toke up! :)"

wait so this is literally a poem about somebody getting raped and the lads are talking about fruit ?

Glad we're on the same page but I'm still inclined to have a more positive outlook here. No one in my 95% white HS would've done something like this, though the current edition of the internet wasn't around then. I'm also placing this in context of what others have said about gen z being less cucked.

Isnt it about puberty?

>come across as puzzles to be solved
That's that high school mindset you need to get rid of, read Poetry Handbook by John Lennard.

I've read better poems on Veeky Forums to be honest.

I suspect this has more to do with them having easy access to her social media than anything else. If any of the poets I'd had to study as a kid were just a click away I'm sure I'd have sent them loads of regrettable immature shit too.
Somewhere in the world, an antique school desk has the words
>WILFRED OWEN IS A GAYBOY
carved into it. The difference is now they can post it to facebook, where the poets can see it too.

Don't compare Wilfred Owen to this bitch you fucking dickhead. I'm personally offended right now. Apologize.

>No sweetie. Poetry in the 21st century is hot garbage and nothing you say will make me change my mind. Poetry like hers and Rupi's compared to the classics, epic poets and 20th century poets are like equivalent to any of the following: great art vs modern ""art"" that is nothing more than swirls of colour and paint splashes

>If you critique based on certain criteria it is very good.

he literally listed the only criteria poetry is ever critiqued on you fucking fool.

Thinking Mangoes and Rupi Kaur are the same is as bad as thinking Rupi Kaur and poetry are the same --- ie, whether you think she's good or bad, your opinion is still Reddit-tier.

SIEGFRIED SASSOON SUCKS SEVEN DICKS

>Poems like this just come across as puzzles to be solved

Fuck. This place is infested with trogdolytes

He's a pathos ridden second rate hack, sorry to break it to you like that.

You jest yet I am roused. Cease this foolery.

I would Drive elevator scene you IRL for this shit user. Nothing personal, but I would

>ASIO

I think I would have been arrested.

Someone got an F for calling Tagore a poo in the loo.