Ayn Rand Reading Order

Is this an objectively good reading order for Rand?

We The Living > Anthem > The Fountainhead > Atlas Shrugged > The Virtue of Selfishness > ?

Does Ideal fit anywhere or is it best avoided?
Are there specific editions I should look for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_j56IiLqZ9U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just don't

Sure, I guess.

The Fountainhead and that’s it.

>reading Rand.
>Seeing yourself as an objectivist.
>Thinking you won't be fucked over if her ideas were even practiced.
>Thinking you are some snowflake held back only by the government.

>kek.

There are so many flaws to "objectivism" it's ridiculous.

I'd start with Anthem. It's the most entry-level, and a moral that, I think, most of humanity finds compelling. From there you can move into more controversial stuff. I also don't think Fountainhead is very good, so I would put it near the tail end.

>dude Ayn Rand is a bad writer lmao. I don't know why....but Professor Goldbergstein said she's bad so I'll just choose to parrot his opinions without finding out for myself.

you two sound really smart

I started with Atlas Shrugged and I wish I hadn't have, despite enjoying what I read.

Start with the Fountainhead or Anthem

this

Remember when Rand was a bannable offense

youtube.com/watch?v=_j56IiLqZ9U

Well, actually Ayn Rand is a bad writer and even a worse philosopher. Atlas Shrugged is a plain torture to read - she should have abridged at least three quarters of this boredom incarnate.

Nevertheless, her message is quite interesting. If she was only a better writer and had the slightest clue about other philosophers...

Atlas Shrugged sucked.

>I should never trust the opinions or consider the arguments of anyone outside a primary text, ever

You are aware Ayn Rand is a jew too. What the fuck was the point of that stupid remark?

/pol/ is getting more and more lobotomized as time passes.

ayn rand is the classic pseudo-individual who gives traditionalism a good name. when you think you're being selfish by making money or something, you're way too far gone. it's like thinking machiavelli was actually an individualist and not just a proponent of naive egoism (as opposed to stirner's unique or lacan's subject.) pseudo-individualism has destroyed the west.

Rand is a jew you stupid fuck, she's the fucking posterchild for all the jewish people you WOULD hate holy fuck can you be any more of a retarded cunt.
>cognitive dissonance when you're supposed to hate jews but you're also supposed to love capitalism

She's a terrible writer (I tried reading some of her work, I'd rather read fucking fanfiction) and her """"philosophy"""" has no substance.

As long as you only glance at the covers as you throw the books into the trash, the order doesn't matter.

Read Marx and you'll never feel inclined to read Rand because you'll realize how dumb she is

t. Schlomo Greengrabbershekelsteinburg

Just start with The Fountainhead. The Fountainhead is actually good just as a novel, and it has interesting ideas on top of that. Atlas Shrugged is a good read for the ideas, but it might as well have been a series of essays than a novel.

>the jews did communism
>the jews did capitalism
>reeeeeee

ur pseudo intellect ruined this thread

>when reeedpillers realise how much jews have contributed to western society, culture, economy, science, and technology

there's absolutely no need to read her fiction. just read The Virtue of Selifshness

she literally just quotes herself and sums up her shitty fiction in small essays. why waste your time reading 700 pg novels that aim for the same argument?

they aren't very shitty. just 400 pages too long.

why isnt the romantic manifesto included here?

>wanting to read a different viewpoint means you agree with it

Thanks.

Feel free to suggest a place for it.

I'd recommend Atlas shrugged first since it's long and loses focus a few times, definitely hardest to read. Fountainhead is her best work and should come next. Anthem isn't essential and you'll probably find it lacking but if you still want more read that next. Haven't read the rest.

>Is this an OBJECTIVELY good reading order for Rand?

You can just read Fountainhead and/or Shrugged. They're contradictory but each neat in their own way. Anthem is okay but you don't need to read it.

Everything else belongs in the trash.

Yeah but taxation is theft desu

I would put it anywhere after the fountainhead, really.

wrong board

Reading order for Rand:

>gouge out eyeballs
>cut hands so you can't read it Rand Braille
>pour molten iron in ears so no one will ever read Rand to you
>get a full frontal lobotomy just to be sure
>still be smarter and more useful than an objectivist

Did Ayn Rand put forward any philosophy books? I can't take fiction seriously, having to create a fictional world to get your point across means your point is shit.

Taxation is a necessary evil to ensure the health of civilisation and it's people

Just read Galt's radio speech from Atlas Shrugged. It's literally just her manifesto, and more than long enough to have been published on its own.