George saunders won the man booker prize

George saunders won the man booker prize.
nice

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/e2GGevP-GSw?t=7m30s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is that when you book men to fuck you in the ass during office hours?

for Lincoln?
nice
he deserves it

Pulitzer's next.

It was a comfy.

Oh good, another cis white male

I've onl;y read his short stories...which were outstanding

Good book. My gf read all the long listers and said 4321 was her fave, but Exit West should've won

Auster is on his last legs, he's like 70 and his health is declining, the prize would be a gravestone
Hamid has been shortlisted like fifty times

>tfw americans btfoing britbongers at their own awards

meh. a britisher won the nobel prize for literature this year

yes but it was publicly lambasted as a sign of how far the nobel had fallen
Ishiguro is the most 7.5/10 author there is

>exit west

youtu.be/e2GGevP-GSw?t=7m30s

consider suicide user

t. kazuo

>a plot device stolen from monsters inc
b t f o

So Veeky Forums he thinks nationality is the most important thing to judge literature by.

Start with the Greeks, as long as they were written by white Harvard scholars.

literal redditor comment

Doesn't sound like the real Girardfag

Has anyone read Lincoln in the Bardo? I thought the first few pages were great but didn't end up taking it home.

good day today

one of his best
read it in a digital format
I plan on picking it up once it goes into paperback in february
I hate short hardcovers

*I read it in a digital format
didn't mean it to sound like a command
but yeah pick it it'll probably be one of the only good books this year

Yeah the real girardfag is probably gay. I just like the name for the lulz. I wish we all change our names to girardfag desu

More like Booger Prize.

I do believe I have now found my favorite FABULOUS book critic. Please tell me this salty Irishman posts here.

Oh man you know what THAT MEANS!
oh oh oh oh patriarchy; get fucked.
Go to somalia or Afghanistan, no patriarchy there, just the west right?

Read Lincoln in the Bardo though

You'll be sorely disappointed though. He posts like one video a year, if that. His goodreads is somewhat more active though.

I love most of Saunders' works, but "Bardo" was a major disappointment, despite all the press hailing it as great. It's not. They just all like George and can't admit that his latest was a mismash of Roshomanesque histories and underdrawn and unsympathetic characters (this is almost unthinkable, given how compassionately Saunders has drawn flawed characters in the past, but here we are), with a some underdeveloped black characters used somewhat exploitatively too.

They chose pretty well this time I think

Please post your top 5 George Saunders stories.

I want to read more from him.

I've only read a few stories. My opinion of most of them is tepid, but Tenth of December is the best story I've read recently.

I thought everyone was underdeveloped, but that didnt really bother me since its basically a short speculative ghost story and any more pages devoted to individuals would have dragged.

Yikes, that book was terrible.

Old white guy ... colour me surprised .. *sigh*

Subscribed

White guys are the only demographic that can write good fiction, fuck off back to your shithole.

>Tenth of December
>Offloading for Mrs. Schwartz (my favorite, fuck that ending)
>CivilWarLand in Bad Decline
>The Wavemaker
>The Great Divider (essay he wrote for GQ)

Compare it to some of his short stories, and it's clearly a departure. Saunders can develop reasonably full characters in a page or two, and he always does (or did) so sympathetically. I guess he has a hangup about race though because the black characters are all cardboard cutouts and the racist character is basically 100% evil.

The End of Firpo In the World
Offloading for Mrs Schwartz
Semplica Girls Diaries
Pastoralia
The Falls

Really, though, everything in his collections "CivilWarLand in Bad Decline," "Pastoralia," and "Tenth of December" are worth reading.

Thank you both.

>brit writing about American president

Keep being cocksuckers, Englishmen.

>Saunders
>Brit

Pick one. (In case you didn't know, the Booker was opened up to American writers a few years ago).

DASSSSS RITEEEE
*smacks lips*

Er, whoops. Meant to say
>fuck, that ending (as in it's really good, not really bad)
and
>The Wavemaker Falters

Also,
>Isabelle

Yeah I liked the ending to Offloading too. Reminded me of the movie "Inifitne Beayty of the Spotless Mind" starring jim carrey. I wonder if they read that while makign the movie

I miss him but he also seemed sorta cukoo in his last posts here