Matriarchal Society

Ok, you'll hate me but do you know some good books with a matriarchal society?

Other urls found in this thread:

xvideos.com/video10161225/jerky_girls_vol._101_-_allura_muscle_goddess
xvideos.com/video9903460/xvideos.com_0d515e36bfa77caddb7502a69e0dbe8e
xvideos.com/video25895319/twice_his_size_-_british_milf_ava_koxxx_handles_young_skinny_small_cock_boy
xvideos.com/video28060935/pervert_punishment_-_amazonian_stepmom_ava_koxxx_and_blonde_bombshell_leigh_darby
xvideos.com/video27613487/chica_de_tetas_gigantes_de_brunoymaria_follandose_a_un_pequenin_pollon
xvideos.com/video21278519/vl_720_897k_47030572
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why would I hate you? Women are interesting.

>The Kingdom of Women: Life, Love and Death in China's Hidden Mountains

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Thesmophoriazusae

Ursula K. LeGuin writes decent feminist sci-fi.

an unexpected, but good, answer

>He's not interested in women
Sounds pretty gay tbqh user

The last days of the british empire

Look up white knight.

To add to this and OP's request, are there any other books with a matriarchal society/social structure but where it's cruel and violent? I'm sick as shit of the "muh peaceful wise perfect matriarchy" trope. I want to read about the savagery in the hearts of women, because we already have so many books about the savagery in the hearts of men.

>You have to be a white knight to be interested in women
/r9k/ plz go, women's suffrage was a mistake but that doesn't mean I don't have an implicit interest in them

It was a joke about you saying you didn't hate women, not that you found them interesting. You might want to go to /r9k/ yourself.

Assemblywomen.

Dune Heretics. It is not very good but for different reasons other than wymyn.

The Female Man by Joanna Russ

It's fucking eerie seeing this webm posted. I just found a dvd of this movie the other day and remembered seeing it laying around as a kid. I was always curious because the title sounded lewd. So I put the dvd aside finally to watch it some time.

Women are only capable of certain kinds of savagery. Infanticide, murder, castration, child abuse, sure. Organizing a war party to raid an enemy village, not so much. It's also important to note that any matriarchal society wouldnt progress past the stone age. As in, as soon as you introduce agriculture, metallurgy, and other technological advancements, matriarchal societies break down or transition into patriarchies.

how the fuck would men allow actual matriarchy anyway

The Simulacra by Philip K Dick. Just finished it and not sure what to think desu. Worth a read at least though, especially since it's not very long and he's a good writer.

- The Power, by Noemi Alderman
- The Ruins of Isis, by Marion Zimmer Bradley
- A Door Into Ocean, by Joan Slonczewski
- The Gate to Women's Country, by Shery Tepper

So they could get pussy. Also, if there were a lot more women, then women could be the stronger sex since a few women being essentially incapacitated by pregnancy and maybe periods wouldn't be as big a deal

Epic of Gilgamesh

bump

The only way I see this happening is eliminating physical utility completely

Any other advice?

a smart matriarchy would make the world believe patriarchy was the dominant social strategy.

>Einstein was also a woman
Are there any good books about women (male)?

Nice completely unfounded statement

Maybe I'll open a new thread more related but do you know book about female soldiers?

You must really hate women dude. I wish whoever traumatized you had just finished you off.

Yeah, look into the following:

Bachofen
Mutterrecht (Bachofen's, but had a large following after him in esoteric circles, deep rabbit hole to follow)

Robert Graves' The White Goddess thesis, also present in his exegesis in The Greek Myths

Camille Paglia's Sexual Personae uses Freudian/Jungian depth psychology to discuss masculine/feminine impulses and their role in constructing civilization

Maria Gimbutas has something on it

Nah, that's just you. Best of luck on the whole getting finished off thing, though.

wheel of time

Swedish history after 1970

Because a matriarchy would be over-protection. A lot of manchildren not leaving mommy.

Clonk Clonk from The Scorpion God by William Golding

are you by any means polish female?? If so, go with me to a date :)

>muh dick

>implying not living under mommys protection and love for all your life is better

t. mummykins

Enjoy not going anywhere in life.

Nobody goes anywhere anyway, we all die.

>It's also important to note that any matriarchal society wouldnt progress past the stone age. As in, as soon as you introduce agriculture, metallurgy, and other technological advancements, matriarchal societies break down or transition into patriarchies.

elaborate

Watch that edge

The Passion of New Eve, by Angela Carter

Herland by Charlotte Perkins Gillman.

Can't say it was good, per se, but it is a female utopia/dystopia.

Women are more afraid to die than men are. So they do less to risk their lives.

Ask Sweden.

You only warn me because you have already cut yourself upon it

bump

Women aren't simply designed to die like men are. Everything about men, from character traits, to body strength and the reproduction system is geared for fighting and eventually dying a violent death.

Because once you have economic specialization and a centralized food production, men take powers into their own hands and the sexes become increasingly specialized. This has happened 100% of the time in all major societies on Earth.
At most, women will have some form of religious power, mostly dealing with childbirth and other domestic issues, but women as a whole will be confined to the home while men take all positions of governance.
There are many reasons for the separation of sexes, a major one being woman's ability to birth and nurture children, and man's natural inclination to technological matters.
Another major reason is that patriarchal societies will always defeat matriarchal societies in warfare, without exception.
As for the modern age, all the infrastructure and technology is created and maintained by men. You will not find many female sewer workers and construction workers. A matriarchal society might theoretically be able to co-opt male labor to keep the lights on, but too much female control would doom the whole venture of civilization anyways, so you'd just end up with either collapse or a patriarchy re establishing itself.
Another thing going against a matriarchy is that the women themselves would fight against it. It would destroy itself.
What it boils down to is that men have a few things going for them in terms of building a civilization: natural technological inclination, a tendency and capacity to focus on problem solving and concrete thinking, natural inclination to warfare, ability to work together in a hierarchal structure with great success, and a physically-oriented worldview that lends itself to many of the building blocks of civilization.
Women on the other hand are evolved to bear and raise children. This is a fact of nature. That isn't to say they aren't capable of leadership and achievement; but it is to say that they won't be as good as men at building a successful society.

the new york times

this but even more unironically

>too much female control would doom the whole venture of civilization anyways, so you'd just end up with either collapse or a patriarchy re establishing itself

should i be hoarding beans?

xena the warrior princess is a good book except it's on tv. It also take place in a patriarchal society. Sorry i can't really help u.

Do the women in lit actually think they would be anything without the men in their lives?

>Veeky Forums talks women
>it is immediately toxic and makes everyone a worse person, both the whiteknights and the reencels.

Every god damn time.

That is both retarded and wrong

I know right? We need to address the problem of toxic masculinity on Veeky Forums
>>>reddit
get out

>implying /lgbt/ isnt also pretty misogynistic
Also fuck you

>misogyny

What's with all the misandry in this thread? I thought this was current year.

>gene wilder meme in current year

>not kickin it oldskool

>some good books with a matriarchal society?
There is no such thing? Whenever there is a matriarchal society, it is because there is an agenda or its the authors fetish. If that society is the main society of the book than its collapsing or there to be a reason why it shit.
If you want it for fetish reasons pick up The Wise Man's Fear from The Kingkiller Chronicle

matriarchal society is usually all about sitting back and using men so they would not be organizing war parties but would be torturing captured people (also I don't think you are generally correct about limits of savagery)

they would be technologically dominated and indoctrinated

I never read it but there is a book where Vlad the Impaler is a girl

overbearing mothers can be more of a strain than a pleasure
so we clearly come and go

first part is 100% true and the second part while biased, also has some truth to it. while there are exceptions to the rule, hard science would die in female hands. Its not doing much better in male hands (with brainless faggots supporting snake oil salesmen like musk) but we still have hope

yes? even if you think you are nothing without a woman, there are members of each sex that feel complete and have the backbone to get what they want

using word toxic nulls whatever you are trying to say.
I have been there, expected tumbler but turned out to be full of cool people.

Well, I really like this kind of matriarchy.

xvideos.com/video10161225/jerky_girls_vol._101_-_allura_muscle_goddess
xvideos.com/video9903460/xvideos.com_0d515e36bfa77caddb7502a69e0dbe8e
xvideos.com/video25895319/twice_his_size_-_british_milf_ava_koxxx_handles_young_skinny_small_cock_boy
xvideos.com/video28060935/pervert_punishment_-_amazonian_stepmom_ava_koxxx_and_blonde_bombshell_leigh_darby
xvideos.com/video27613487/chica_de_tetas_gigantes_de_brunoymaria_follandose_a_un_pequenin_pollon
xvideos.com/video21278519/vl_720_897k_47030572

This
And this is how it happens in the west.

cheers user, this stuff is great

What do you think of Marion Zimmer Bradley's works?

>using word toxic nulls whatever you are trying to say.

I posit this thread must now be deleted because nulling whatever he was trying to say is dividing by zero.

No, seriously, have you read the Avalon Saga by Marion Zimmer Bradley?