How do you stop yourself from buying new books?

How do you stop yourself from buying new books?

By being poor as shit.

downloading them for free

by reading all the books you have

why stop

You can get used books for 1 dollar each.

The ride never ends.

This. I buy them online real cheap and they get delievered to my home

This.
I make sure to read the books I have before buying new ones.

>buy an e-reader
>get into bibliotik
>read instead of shitposting

If this isn't just a memethread - read only from your local library for a couple of months. This will train you to actually read instead of hoarding.

By buying old ones

Just accept that you're buying books not out of necessity but because you're feeling anxious about your life. Most people do this with other goods: clothes, expensive bottles of scotch, food. Acknowledge the problem and do away with the book hoarding.

Read all the books you buy except if they're bad. Don't waste your time reading something that doesn't interests you.

By reading three or four books at a time.

Live in Australia - Amazon shipping is expensive and there are few good retail books to purchase.

>live in Australia

How to get into bibliotik

live in brazil

Redacted is the fastest way right now.

I acknowledge the fact that collecting books is everything I oppose (materialism, pseudo-intellectualism, wastefulness, psychological weakness etc.), but even after I recognize weigh the options of to buy or not to buy and the scales still favor the former. I've spent two grand in the last two weeks on used books and I feel little to no remorse. I thought I would regret the decision. Hahahaha. Manic depressive, scizoaffective, trying to start a book store. We live in a uniquely glorious time for people who have an addiction to buying books to compensate for weakness. The entire life's work of the most brilliant men of history can be driven to your door for a flat four-dollar electronic payment. Amusing as fuck.

>I acknowledge the fact that collecting books is everything I oppose (materialism, pseudo-intellectualism, wastefulness, psychological weakness etc.)
You should acknowledge a fact that this idealistic juvenile bullshit should have been done away with long time ago.

It's an issue I used to have. I'd buy 5-10 books at a time and only ever end up reading 1 of them (if that). My excuse would always be: well, they're there if I ever do need to go back to them. But of course as the years go by those excuses don't fly, really. I mean sure they're still there but if you keep on adding to the pile like I was doing then something's going to get lost. Now I just force myself to read things I buy, which means --due to time constraints-- that I now have to be able to manage my reading time. So I can still splurge on a book or two, but I never buy in bulk anymore. And I'll only allow myself to consider ordering once I read the end.

I'll admit, it's easier said than done.

oi cunt, the fuck're ya doing with amazon?; use bookdepository or betterworld and thriftbooks.

Ayy i only use Amazon when I can't find a title on bookdepository fwaark

Omg that is actually terrifying

Just like anything else. You force yourself to stop it, in the beginning there'll be some urges, and then you'll get used to not buying books.
By the way, IMO it's okay to buy books if you read actively and if you don't have more than 5 unread books on your shelf.
Better spend money on reading than on drugs, definitely.

im poor so i finish a book before afording another but;

if you read them, then just buy heavier books, that way youll take longer to buy a new.one.
if you dont, make yourself finish the book youre reading before buying a new one, that way you ensure youll finish all of them. you should really take advantage of your book hoarding to read even more.

Reason (Logos) uses Will to govern Desire (Eros)
DUDE START WITH THE GREEKS LMAO

Seconded. I've got a pile of books I never read, it's a joy going through them. Once I committed to finishing everything I have, I haven't felt the need to buy any more.

Also, if I feel the urge, I just add whatever book I'm looking for to my list and usually forget about it. It scratches the itch of novelty without committing to anything.

I read books on my Kindle then buy hardcover copies of the ones I finish from a bookstore in the nearest city.

Buy other stuff. I've been smoking tobacco pipes lately. Nothing like having a pipe of Dunhill Nightcap, a little scotch on the rocks and a nice book. Ultimate patrician experience.

Do you have a stylish indoors fedora to go with that?
>on the rocks
Fucking kek.

>satan mocks
this decadence is not for your ilk.

Well said, gentlesir, well said. *tips*

Learn to channel the akashik records