Where do you go to write, Veeky Forums?

Where do you go to write, Veeky Forums?

For me its picrelated. The warm atmosphere, the smells, the quiet, humble atmosphere. This is a place where I could get some work done.

You have to pay to advertise on Veeky Forums, hiro isn't happy he's not getting his cut

Starbucks is none of those things

Atmosphere twice in the same sentence? Quit now, your writing sucks.

Starbucks is where wannabe writers go. People who like the idea of being a "writer" but are just superficial twats.

Yes but efforts not to appear pretentious and superficial are in themselves pretentious and superficial.

I don't need to put any effort into not appearing pretentious, I just use common sense.

But you would assume that someone writing in a Starbucks must be a "wannabe" and a superficial twat, only because he is in Starbucks.

This is itself superficial, you must agree?

starbucks itself is superficial and its customer base IS the superficial

You're saying that Starbucks, as an entity of its own, endows its consumers with a superficiality that they did not have before? I.e., if I walk into a Starbucks, I become superficial by this very act?

I'm not saying you're completely wrong, but theres other people that probably have talent and spend time in them. I wouldnt know, I'm awkward and could not talk to anyone, besides their coffee sucks ass.

Usually in the quiet and solitude of my own apartment. But I had to move out and don't live alone currently. So for now I write at the bar.

No but you walk in a Starbucks because you're superficial.

I think you are saying that Starbucks in general and the people therein are permeated by such superficiality that it should appear offensive to a non-superficial man. But suppose a man had limited options, and just wanted a cafe to sit at and drink coffee and write, and he stomached the superficiality of the place and avoided becoming intoxicated by it because he is not a weak man who merely imitates others and looks for their validation. Suppose this man is sitting in a Starbucks, and you would wrongly assume that he is pretentious and superficial, merely because he is in a Starbucks. This would be superficial.

user please remember to take your pills regularly. We're worried about you.

Alone in my room, surrounded by tea mugs and the smell of my own bollocks.

How can people write in public? I never got it. When I'm writing I will alt-tab to a different window if someone walks into the room.

>Implying

I have to go out to write.

Pic is my local hipster cafe where I go almost daily to write.

Where do you live where there's a Starbucks but no other cafés?

Starbucks is plebtier. Shit coffee, overpriced, atmosphere ruined by wannabe-hipsters and fake-writers. There's no reason to go to a Starbucks over basically any other café.

Writing in a café is not pretentious in itself no matter what r9k-tier anons say. It's Starbucks that makes you less than human.

wtf are those chairs

Pen and paper. Good luck deciphering my cursive at a quick glance.

>Where do you go to write, Veeky Forums?
to my fucking room

I'm sure there are fewer people wherever you live than in a bar, no?

ayee used to live in that neighbourhood, only good cafe in the area

My small town has the coziest library in the country. I sit down with a notebook and research material at a dark-stained walnut table on a cushioned but firm, suede, wing-back chair. I set my backpack down on the floor, making sure to remove everything I need from it because the library's cat will inevitably find it and purr itself to sleep on top of it.

There are overbearing personalities at home which make getting into the writing mindset difficult.

moved backed in with your parents, didn't you

no, I just can't get any work done with my boyfriend's wife in the house.

>my boyfriend's wife
.......????

it's simple, he's fucking his dad

Every time I sit down to write she comes over and jams a MAGA hat on my head if I'm not wearing one, which I don't like to because wearing a hat makes my hair fall out faster. She's always watching the news at full volume and has an alert set up to notify her whenever Trump makes a tweet which she then reads out at the top of her voice.

Writing at starbuckd sounds kinda fun but how do you write there? Laptop or notebook? Personally I'd die of embarrassment, were someone to glance at my writing.

I left my notebook in the caf (not a starbucks, a place run by a husband and wife probably in their 50s) because I saw the fedex truck passing and had to run to sign for a package. I was in the middle of a sex scene and I'm 90% sure the wife looked at it because she was acting weird when I got back.

I'm staying with a friend and with parents on the weekend. Neither setting is conducive to writing.

Toronto? Ew
Vancouver reporting in

That cat looks like it's underwater. I guess it's the lighting. Drowning in a mundane environment, totally peaceful and resigned to his death.

Makes one paws for thought.

>I have to go out to write.
You'll never make it.

have you ever heard of ambient noise?

tell me where this library is

You cannot rely on favorable conditions to be able to write.

At a park or at a public square when i lodge in the city where my uni is. When i come back to the alps for summer vacation i use to take long strolls and i always bring a notebook and a pen in my bag sot that i can sit and write whenever i feel like it

What do you write, a diary? Get serious about writing. You'll never improve with that approach. Sit down at a computer and start writing.

I love cats, but I've always found the concept of library or bookstore cats to be inconsiderate towards people who are either allergic to cats, or have a fear of cats. Plus, I personally could never stand it when strangers would touch my cat.

Blah blah do this blah blah do that. I reread what i write thank you

i read once in a book by leo tolstoy called 'durk and white's elements of style" that said that flaubert said that you shouldn't use the same word twice in teh same sentence so now i don't ever use any forms of the verb to be.

Uni library in late hours as I don't have a laptop. Comfy, empty and quiet, coffee helps too. As does alcohol occasionally.

>tfw only people who use starbucks here for coffee are american tourists terrified of anything they can't find in their local mall
feels like someone actually wanted you to enjoy your book and coffee and maybe try some cake

Writing in the bar right now and getting cozy and drunk and my word count knocked out. Pretty comfy right now tbqh.

in my house, in my library, in a flyover, sipping black folgers black... far away

Eh, it's a small town. Most people with cat allergies only have symptoms with direct contact. It isn't like a peanut allergy. I suppose this cat is more of a municipal official/felibrarian than any one person's cat.

>All these niggers that need muh special sanctuary to actually write
Is this like a reverse cringe thread? Now I'm sure I'll make it with such shit competition.

I only write when i go to bed.
Rate.

s/he said on the very same Zambian mudwrestling forum.

The Starbucks near me is anything but "quiet" or "humble."
There's so many chatting people there that they have to yell out names for orders. They blast music so loud you can hear it outside as you walk passed.
There's probably 50 people in line to order, and maybe 50 others just lounging around or sitting at the bar staring at their smartphones.

Habits, rituals, and routines are essential for most writers, especially professionals.
It is a job for some - remember that.

Going to a specific place to write, especially if all you do is write, can help get the words out and onto your paper.
For some it's the loft in their house, for others it's a local coffee/tea shop, library, bookstore, or even a bar like

Wherever you feel comfortable and inspired.

i will never understand how people can write or read in a public place, especially once as busy as starbucks. i don't need absolute silence but having to compete with lots of different conversations and people ordering stuff is impossible.

In my country (Italy) you can get a semi-decent espresso for 1 euro. If you spend more for a disgusting sugary diarrhea just to post your named cup on Istagram, yes you're superficial

If i can hear you cough, sniffle or breathe, I don't want to fucking read anywhere near you.

And if I can be seen by people while I'm trying to read, I don't want to be near them.

Give me a fucking closet with a lamp and some comfy pillows and I can read all day long.

Hey, Jackass, we didn't have nice coffee in America until Starbucks. Now that the secret's out (that Starbucks isn't even that nice), we're mostly moving on to drinking elsewhere. But if I'm in some town I've never been to and I stop in at Starbucks, it's because I don't want Dunkin Donuts or 7-11, not because I have an Instagram. Stop reading into people's beverage choices so much.

Also Lavazza fucking blows and your 1 Euro espresso is like two teaspoons of coffee which is what we call WEAK SAUCE.

Besides if you go to Starbucks you can just grab a cup out of the garbage and pay 60 cents for a "refill." They give you free water to wash the meningitis down as well.

The OP was a joke and he was making fun of people just like you. You've been had my man gg

but is THIS post the real b8?

>go out if your way to go into another Cafe so as not to appear too mainstream
>calls others superficial
Yeegads. I bet you do up your hair to look "scruffy"

I thought exact same thingIt can work, but op did not do so

>>go out if your way to go into another Cafe so as not to appear too mainstream
starbucks here literally is for american tourists afraid of things they aren't familiar with. you have to go to where tour buses stop to find one. coffee shops with real coffee and seats and people are far more common.
>tfw only people who use yelp for your country are also american tourists
they think the coffee here is better or at minimum as good as the hipster coffee place they travel miles to in the US.

stop living in a terrible place. good coffee is a human need and someone should be able to serve it and alcohol to you within walking distance of your home. if your country needs a drive through for coffee, keep driving to border.

Boy oh boy we seem to have a coffee connoisseur here. Lavazza fucking blows, but it is not the only coffee brand here in eetalee by the way

I write from home. I have a desk with all my notes, books surrounding me, a good view of outside and my computers. I'll sometimes go for walks in the morning or evening so I don't turn immobile but I couldn't ask for a better set-up: everyone else is at work and I have few distractions.

See

Nice circular reasoning

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Can't we canucks join forces and direct our mutual anger to the Americucks?

It's neither the conditions or the going out, but the routine so that I can get myself to write in these initial stages of my literary enterprises.

Also, I'm finishing my play this month. So the results will speak for themselves.

Do you do all your writing by hand or just for notes?