What am I in for?

what am I in for?

The saddest and possibly truest love story ever written.

a boring read

The flowery memoir of an English professor who also happened to be a pedophile.

remember the narrator is unreliable, question what he says and think about what his real motivations are by telling the story

Hard-ons.

a genius revelling in the joy of language and underageB& pussy

weinstein's biography

A new fetish

>inb4 My diary desu

I see you are a man of taste too.

statch rape?

after reading lolita preteen girls will give you a hardon

Good lord. Name?

you sound like you have a high school education

I did graduate high school, thanks

Where did you grow up where that was a surprising thing? Are you black or something?

Since this thread went to shit fairly quick I'll just ask my question here. Should I read As I Lay Dying or The Sound and the Fury first?

Strange looks from parents if you read it in a playground.

A hack bragging with his purple prose

I got yelled at by collage kids for 35 mins on a bus ride for reading it. Most embarrassing experience I've ever had, never again!

Remember that the narrator actually explicitly requests that the story not be published until after both he and Dolores are dead so it doesn't make sense to think he has any ulterior motives.

Wow! Cheryl, you need to be more careful reading on the bus! LOL! One time I was reading the Bible and a group of hooligans was trying to shame me for trusting in the word of the LORD. Those college kids are just an example of why SPANKING is still necessary!

XOXOX

>the scene where he's just sitting at the park trying to act chill

A diddler with good prose.

Nabokov: the pseud choice.

overrated goof bullshit
and some fine descriptions of hotels

A metaphor for fatherhood

kevin spacy

>my english teacher is a reliable source for literature

Threads do go to shit, they are exactly as they should be

The scene where he's watching Dolores play tennis against her friend

i can confirm this

You sound like you don't.

when i first read this in high school my mother looked disgusted at me

>the scene where he's sitting in prison with his buff homosexual cellmate, wondering why he's such a fat fucking loser

- Unreliable narrator
- A seemingly taboo love story
- Rationalisations that you won't like to hear but you will struggle to disagree with
- A challenging protagonist - his actions are abysmal yet you won't be helped in admiring his intelligence
- The struggle of parenthoods
- A paranoid drama where Humbert correctly believes he's being stalked by somebody who knows his secrets
- Beautiful, albeit flashy, prose.

A genuinely brilliant book. If you genuinely decide to read it, you're likely to love it too.

/thread