Why are dead religious literatures considered "mythology" but those that are still believed in considered "holy texts?"

Why are dead religious literatures considered "mythology" but those that are still believed in considered "holy texts?"

It all depends whether someone is alive to smack you or not.

You can use dead religious texts to wipe your ass and call them toilet paper if you want.

because you cant offend people who are dead

>tfw you favour greek mythology over christianity as a system of belief

tfw you unironically have idols of Dionysus and recite the first chorus of the Bacchae while drinking wine, write poetry about him, and in general see him as a diety who helps you create art
>tfw I am also religiously Jewish and feel immense guilt for this

Keep reminded those middle eastern cultists their faith is mythology

I want to take the week of Saturnalia off work, but they wont let me ;_;

Because History proved that the dead ones did not truly express the Spirit but the living ones still have the potential to be doing so

> What is the Kali Yuga

Some Pajeet guide on which streets to shit in and which ones to rape in?

Disgusting tbqh.

):

I knew a christcuck would start screeching.

In academia it's now acceptable to refer to the mythologies of existing religions and treat them the same as any other mythology. But that's because humanities is now becoming as implicitly atheistic as modern science.

>but those that are still believed in
That's your answer.
But I think that certain religions other than the big ones were called mythologies, but anthropologists think that is unfair to the people who believe in it, so I've heard.
I always bother people on Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums with my pet theory that there's really little difference - if any - between ideology, mythology and religion.

If you look at the political left and right, you'll find that they have their own myths, ideas and lore and so on and so on.

>Today we're going to talk about the mythological character of Mohammad

Yeah I see this happening

fucking kike, do the world a favor and kill yourself

This

>kill yourself because you follow a religion I don't like since it's associated with corrupt atheist fags even though you just follow the religion because it is what you believe in and think it pleases G-d when you follow the laws in the Torah

nah

Your Jew logic doesn't work here Chaim, who don't you go fuck off to Huffpost and be a faggot there

Why guilt?

As long as you don't start some kind of Manson like cult and revert to human sacrifice, you're cool.

>Why guilt?
Because he's not a silly woman and takes matters more seriously than fashion accessories

>the current Kali Yuga
Started in 3102 BC and will last to 426 791 AD. (Approx 8½ Reaper cycles left.)

No stress.

Manson was unironically right, you know.

oi vey

So you believe in the goddess and the matriarchy and sacrificing the boy king on a yearly cycle?