Is half of lit fucking retarded? Half of what's on the top 100 chart is kindergarden shit like Camus and Salinger...

Is half of lit fucking retarded? Half of what's on the top 100 chart is kindergarden shit like Camus and Salinger. The only good stuff on the chart is Ulysses, because if you're anything more than a fucking baby you can read it. Fuck this illiterate world.

what does this say? I can't read

true patrician detected ba doop boop bop boop nice post my man

t.

what the FUCK is that

What in tarnation

>the only good stuff on the chart is Ulysses
>stuff is Ulysses
Hmmmmm

>implying that just because something is elementary it can’t be great

Shouldn't there be a LOT more blood?

>he doesn't realize that the only reads worthwhile are the ones in several layers of esotericism

op here. eso-what???

actually you would expect him to have less blood, since he has so little cranial cavity to fill up with it

eso-terrorism I think, it means when you poo and it burns your butthole

bump

Underrated

What?

(You)s are upvotes on redchan

*redchanit

Indeed, most of /lit's recommendations seem to come from high school and college freshman/sophomore reading lists. And then stops there.

Lmao you have to be really fucking retarded if you have to read that shit in a classroom to understand it. I read ulysses when I was 14.

this is why "start with the greeks" holds no weight. why should i listen if this board is filled with morons?

>youll never find a refined gentleman like myself reading such trash. I am too smart, you see. *tips fedora*

I find it hard to believe someone who is well read hasn't already come to terms with the solitude that comes with heavy reading, or the almost inherently quiet nature of the activity.

Why would someone who reads a lot need to talk about their reading? Just write about it instead if you have something to say. Read more if you have questions to ask.

It's great luck and a blessing to run into others who are searching out the same paths, but you're on your own ultimately.

>the more difficult to read a book is the better it is

Reeks of a STEMfag who feels completely at sea trying to judge quality without something quantifiable to base it on.

>literally brainlet
>still have a qt and be a chad
damn

wow user, how did you get such a high iq? you're so smart, may I please fellate you?

>the more difficult it is to read the deeper it seems
pseuds like you should be shot

classics are revered precisely because they come from a time that is inherently not graspable. that's basically why borges said he preferred the classics, because everyone contemporary to him he felt was like him ie he understood them

>>the only good Ulysses on the chart is stuff
>>Ulysses is stuff
Hmmmmm

This board is so bluepilled that they won't acknowledge the JQ much less the JP