Best Italian Edition of Divina Commedia?

Sorry, this is directed at Italian-anons and Italian speakers, what is the best edition of Dante's Divina Commedia? I'm buying it for an Italian family member for Christmas, but found out there may be typos in pic related. I'd also like to have it in the family if I ever want to learn Italian and read it myself. Any help would be appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.it/Divina-Commedia-Dante-Alighieri/dp/8820302098
abebooks.it/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=16922338328
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3121419/Yolo-Juliet-Macbeth-s-killingit-Academics-horrified-dumbing-Shakespeare-Bard-s-greatest-works-retold-EMOJI.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Aren't they all the same thing considering the book was written in italian?

I think they edited it for modern readers, not sure though.

I thought pic related may have been messed up because I found this review (google translated from Italian)

>It was a beautiful thing that the comedy in this book was light and easy to handle despite six hundred and seventy-six pages: Dante to take a jumble of the bag and to reread at a bus stop, by train, as you queue at the post or waist at the dentist. Or just to the sea. But no. The edition is full of denials. Only in the song of Paradise, not to go too far for the thin, the errors are more than twenty; and in the II of the same song, the computation is the same. Twisted doubles, wretched words, jumbled rhymes, invented commas, unpredictable acute accents on each 'more', 'there', 'so' ... I do not have a review. Or they have made it with eyes closed. Little MimiMammut is expensive, but it is worth less: it spoils the pleasure of reading and confuses. You can not publish any book irresponsibly; that here it is nothing but the Comedy, makes the publisher think the audience of ignorant readers, low-alloy or good mouth. Years ago the Newton Compton covers were certainly less precious, and the paper was worse: but I have no memory of coarse and distracted operations like the present ones. The translations were also good. If you happen to be in the hands of Dickens's great hopes (MiniMammut, M.F. Melchiorri), cheated by condoms and conjunctives.

>found out there may be typos in pic related
Because Newton Compton is cancer and even when it isn't it, what it publishes is for plebs.

Get this one:
amazon.it/Divina-Commedia-Dante-Alighieri/dp/8820302098

no

I'm in Australia, can't use Amazon. I'll see if it's on AbeBooks or something.

Like this:
abebooks.it/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=16922338328
?

>80 australian dollars
They're not getting a gift worth that much.

- U.T.E.T (rare and expansive)
- Carocci editore (expansive)

Don't EVER buy anything from Newton Compton, the quality is beyond shit.

If you want something economical:
Mondadori; BURizzoli; Garzanti.

Tuscan isn't Italian. American "education."

I don't know a single publisher who does this

Do they not print the original language text on the left hand side in Angloland?

Pic related has the "testo inglese a fronte"

The book expand after you buy it?

kek

No, the reader's brain does.

Take the joke, jerk...

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3121419/Yolo-Juliet-Macbeth-s-killingit-Academics-horrified-dumbing-Shakespeare-Bard-s-greatest-works-retold-EMOJI.html

I don't think there's many dual language editions of Divine Comedy that are worth less than seventy dollars on BD

I thought we were talking about Dante.

What english text is that the italian of? Looks vaguely familiar

I posted a review which said it had improper inflections and grammar.

Typos made because of shitty publisher
=/= Intentionally dumbing down the work for contemporary audiences

I said I wasn't sure, cuck.

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Carroll

It's ok.