Holy FUCK he literally is Reddit in human form

Holy FUCK he literally is Reddit in human form

nytimes.com/2017/11/16/books/review/andy-weir-by-the-book.html

"I tend to avoid fiction that’s too dark or serious or has a political message. For me, fiction is a form of escapism. I want to leave the real world, not sit around and stress about it. Just my personal preference.

For the record, my stories are meant to be purely escapist. They have no subtext or message. If you think you see something like that, it’s in your head, not mine. I just want you to read and have fun."

I like his honesty. He seems to be a good man. No need to be a snob or call him "reddit in human form".

>"I tend to avoid fiction that’s too dark or serious or has a political message. For me, fiction is a form of escapism. I want to leave the real world, not sit around and stress about it. Just my personal preference.
>For the record, my stories are meant to be purely escapist. They have no subtext or message. If you think you see something like that, it’s in your head, not mine. I just want you to read and have fun."
this is literally what the plebs think

There is no such thing as apolitical fiction

Not that his view is invalid, but it's the way he says it just makes him seem like a very boring person. I'm sure he's a good man, but he seems boring. I guess that's what OP means when he says he's reddit, the same way normies raised by tv tend to act like boring news anchors, or shallow sitcom characters.

>the only three authors he's read are Clarke Azimov and Heinlein
>he thinks the foundation series are classic books

Serious question: Is it a sin to be boring? Mundane? Uninteresting? I have about as much personality as a wet piece of white bread with the emotional complexity to match. What virtue is there in pretending to be something I’m not? A society composed entirely of Byron’s and Zappas would be insufferable under the sheer weight of its special snowflakeness.

Here comes the commie bellyaching. Jesus do you people ever give it a rest?
>If your life isn't 100% outrage over injustice you're basically a Nazi

>I tend to avoid fiction that’s too dark or serious or has a political message.
Jordan Peterson is that you?

politics is a small part of life. go outside and enjoy a sunset

I can’t imagine what it must be like to live in a state of perpetual angst and frustration over perceived commentary in fiction. I can’t take these “SJW” and “redpilled” whiners seriously because of people like this. You torment yourself for nothing.

Even worse, he lists Steven King and J.K. Rowling as some of the best current authors. It's almost like the whole interview is satire.

>Steven King
>Steven

>Q:You’re hosting a literary dinner party. Which three writers are invited?
>A: If it’s only living authors, I’ll take: George R. R. Martin, J .K. Rowling and Stephen King.

Reddit is in the top 10 sites on the internet right now. What the fuck do you even mean you barely literate fucking meme?

>azimov
>steven king

Illiterate fucking fucks.

That's a different spelling of the same name, cuckhead. My name can be Jim, James, Demetrius, Dmitri, Dmitry, Dimitri, etc.

Except that’s wrong you illiterate mong. Alexander, Aleksandr, and Alejandro might be the same name, but someone named Alexander isn’t going to go by fucking Alejandro. It’s an incorrect spelling of their specific name. Fucking brainlet.

Do go on

And yet everyone still calls you "faggot", "fatso" and "aspie"

I feel a sudden urge to watch some Jodorowski. El Topo or Holy Mountain?

Holy Mountain is the patrician choice

I like Westerns more but I've seen all his films by now. Is that docu about Dune any goood?

t. post-structuralist

Semantics.

Jokes on you, I'm a malnourished asexual schizo.

Is Artemis any good?

t. person who reads for pleasure and escapism and enjoyed The Martian

The Dune doc is fun, pretty zany. Jodo is clearly deranged, but his stories are fun

>describes the foundation trilogy as a "classic novel."
Bleegggh

wtf not that guy but you guys realize it's possible to acknowledge something without being bellicose towards it, right?

lel.

He seems like a genuine, likable guy, who just happens to have abhorrent taste
I would be friends with him and just avoid talking about literature or art in general as much as possible like I already do with all my friends