Things that male academics said to me

avidly.lareviewofbooks.org/2017/11/20/things-that-male-academics-have-said-to-me/

>Are you familiar with Foucault?

>I think it’s really great, professionally, that you don’t want to have kids.

>You’re always so dressed up.

>Sometimes you come across as a little abrupt.

>Can you afford to go on research leave for a full year?

>Do you know Rancière? You should read him.

>I just don’t have time to worry about what I wear.

>You come across as sort of masculine, both in your scholarship and your demeanor.

>You can’t really understand monarchy because you’re American.

>I like your summer outfit.

>You’re so energetic all the time.

>Do you know who Adam Gopnik is?

>Don’t wear yourself out.

>I had this amazing professor when I was in college, and he couldn’t have cared less what he looked like. It was great.

>You always come across as so cheery.

>Do you know The Arcades Project?

>Of course I consider myself a feminist.

Other urls found in this thread:

sys.Veeky
youtube.com/watch?v=hrDgvIOV6CQ
reddit.com/r/TrueReddit/comments/65r0jw/fearless_girl_versus_patriarchal_capitalist_bull/dgd4g69/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Are you familiar with Foucault?
this one is literally rape. i wonder who's the chauvinist pig who said it. i hope he's in jail desu

I've just stopped speaking to women at school unless it's absolutely necessary or we've somehow become friends at some point and I've been able to mark them as safe.

report non-literature threads
sys.Veeky Forums.org/lit/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=10296360

it's related to literature. neck yourself

It is now a Dazai Osamu thread. I've just starting reading 100 vue du mont fuji, loving it so far.

I went on a date to the bookfair to drop a bunch of acid and hang out with a philosophy major colleague. We read Walter Benjamin from 5 am to 7 am and were discussing Merleau-Ponty before that at the bar. But... she asked me "do you know the Arcade's Project?" Is SHE really a HE? Is this my future?

just by saying these things they reveal that they live in a frivolous world, like "guy in your MFA"

>Is SHE really a HE?
Yeah, not in the way you'd mean or like though.

take this bait shit to /pol/, fucking nigger

who's more frivolous: the ones saying it or the one getting so upset about it you write an op-ed?

Pensive literary left wing males are not only mansplainers to women academics, but they are probably more likely to rape you as well. I can understand her plight.

you don't get to decide what's rape and what's not

this is true, i was sexually assaulted by a male nice guy feminist-hero type in grad school, turns out he did it a lot too, i'm starting to think a lot of guys like that repress their masculine side and try to get sex by subterfuge and deceit.

>>I just don’t have time to worry about what I wear.
>>You can’t really understand monarchy because you’re American.
>>I had this amazing professor when I was in college, and he couldn’t have cared less what he looked like. It was great.

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

Here we see the male feminist in his natural habit, telling women what rape is or not. Only he, pensive male feminist with black framed glasses, is the sole arbiter of rape. Meanwhile in the real world the ultimate predator, the male feminist, is careering across the landscape, raping and sexually assaulting as many women as possible, all under the camouflage of "equality" and "feminism" and "being nice".

The LA Review of Books is a prominent literary journal and the topic of this literary article (a piece of literature) is literary and academic culture as it pertains to a writer of literature

>i was sexually assaulted
did he touch your shoulder, sweetie?

To be fair, I'd be offended if someone in gradschool asked if I'm familiar with Foucault.

>LA Review of Books

Literally who.

This website is fake news bullshit that is like a huffpost infowars book site. Take this shit to /pol/.

did your mommy not love you user?

women have ruined academia, journalism, publishing, video games and ghostbusters. Literally everything they touch turns to shit.

why are you dodging the question, honey?
tell us, what did the evil grad stud do to you? I'm sure he must've been a reeeeal shitlord

How do you become friends if you don't talk?

>I'd be offended if someone in gradschool asked if I'm familiar with Foucault.

would you write an article about being offended?

I would greentext it here

>You can’t really understand monarchy because you’re American.

It's true though

Admitting women to institutes of higher education was a mistake. They shouldnt be allowed in.

come to think of it, monarchy does seem pretty silly

>susan writes about feminism

Yikes..

>this article
>a piece of literature
No.

is that a microagression???

>Anonymous
Honestly colleges should not be coed

youtube.com/watch?v=hrDgvIOV6CQ

I think the only cure is estrogen injections

The first day I met my literature professor in college, he asked me what books I was reading. I told him. He listened thoughtfully, then said, "Okay, well, you're probably going to have to learn how to read all over again."

He was right. I hadn't learned how to grapple with difficult literature. Looking back, he was the best professor I had in college. I learned more from him than I did from anyone else. How many of you would have been so triggered by his response that you would have dropped his class?

>I told him
well, what was your answer?

That's how I feel about anyone on here, or people /mu/ who consume classic works like another episode of an anime, and it's all to fuel some vanity they probably think themselves above.

I truly enjoy his writings.

can you explain at all how he taught you to read better,i sometimes feel i dont get what i should from difficult texts.

Sure, he told me to start with the greeks

the most frustrating thing about all this, to me, is that it's always a reaction to fucking them. like... they bitch about these guys... then they fuck them. Or they fuck them, then they complain. To be excluded from the whole fuck-conomy and then to be forced, even for a moment, to encounter it in the form of these articles just bothers me.

You need to go back. Only neckbeards care about posts being on topic.

ME ME ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME PLEASE FOCUS YOUR EYES ON ME
fuck off

Is he finally going Jim Carrey mode?

Feminists make women look very weak

Feminism is actually a very positive development for women. Mass media """journalism""" is trash no matter what the topic.

That beak...

Yeah we should rape people instead

That's patronizing and you're a little submissive bitch

Rape is a social construct.

With an education.

The first day I met my literature professor in college, he asked me what books I was reading. I told him. He listened thoughtfully, then said, "Okay, well, you're probably going to have to learn how to read all over again."
I emailed a strongly worded complaint to the dean and had the professor removed from his position. Condescending prick.

The first day I met my literature professor in college was at a bookstore. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him by asking his literary opinions outside of class.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now, what books are you reading!?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “D-david Foster Wallace?” but he kept cutting me off and going “Okay? Well? You're probably gonna have to learn to read all over again?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my browsing, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my books up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen copies of Anne Carson's "Autobiography of Red" in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the books and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each book and put them in a paper bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I have said all of these things to males as well

Giving women the vote and admitting them to universities was a mistake made by cucks who desperately wanted their wives to stop adulterating and have sex with them.

I never engage with females, if they try to talk to me I just ignore them
I'm not memeing

tfw to intelligence

The Day My Bum Went Psycho by Andy Griffiths.

Why are these women so resentful, bitter, and angry?

t. beta orbiter

100% of what women say is a test. They don't even need to know it.

jesus christ you need to get laid. the resentment is astounding.

by that logic, your mom should've abandoned you, since you turned into a pile of shit

reddit.com/r/TrueReddit/comments/65r0jw/fearless_girl_versus_patriarchal_capitalist_bull/dgd4g69/

Who was in the right here?

>' "All interpretations of art are valid. Except for the interpretation of the person who actually made it. That one's not valid." Critical theory is a disease.'

I don't know who this retard thinks he's quoting, but no one says that. Death of the author only says the author is neither more nor less privileged in interpretation.