Post perfect Winter-core

Post perfect Winter-core.

> Lockwood's nightmare about Catherine
> happens in first 20 pages

Had me hooked from that point on.

the magin mounstain by thomas man

More people on Veeky Forums should read this.

what makes for better winter-core, something comfy and warming or something unsettling and cold that reminds you of the weather

Moby Whale,
or The Dick
>René Descartes

oooOOoooOOOooOooOoo

victorian and edwardian ghost stories

>tfw started reading this
bored me to fucking tears after 100 pages

my favourite winter read is to snuggle under the blankets with hot chocolate and start a reread of Zettel's Traum

Bit of an open goal but sure

The short "To Build a Fire" by him is mad comfy aswell

Mason and Dixon

"Snow-Balls have flown their Arcs, starr'd the Sides of Outbuildings, as of Cousins, carried Hats away into the brisk Wind off Delaware,-- the Sleds are brought in and their Runners carefully dried and greased, shoes deposited in the back Hall, a stocking'd-foot Descent made upon the great Kitchen, in a purposeful Dither since Morning, punctuated by the ringing Lids of Boilers and Stewing-Pots, fragrant with Pie-Spices, peel'd Fruits, Suet, heated Sugar,-- the Children, having all upon the Fly, among rhythmic slaps of Batter and Spoon, coax'd and stolen what they might, proceed, as upon each afternoon all this snowy December, to a comfortable Room at the rear of the House, years since given over to their carefree Assaults."

>hey Guys, i have a great Idea: let's capitalize every Noun. that totally won't have a negative, diluting Effect on the Impact it could have.

>being this much of a fucking moron

Hey faggot at the time the book takes place that's how everyone wrote. Kys my man.

Bang on lad.

post-apocalyptic winter is pretty depressing desu

>being this assblasted that i called your mancrush out on his pretentious, counter-effective faggotry.

>I'm not wrong you're just ASSBLASTED

Without a doubt, the best there is for sad winter feels is pic related.

Oh boy. Its deliberate, in a way to emulate/hyperbolize 18th century writing

In the winter, cold and unsettling to remind you of the weather. In the summer, cold and unsettling to remind you that such is man's fate.

ITT: winter reads = includes the word "winter" in the title

1 book, that you haven’t read.

Heard this mentioned, want it now

Not like you were planning on going outside anyway.

I have it.
I doubt I'll ever read all of it page by page, but I like picking it up and just continuing from where I was last time.
Strangely it's sort of my "light" read after I've finished another work and before I've figured out the next read.

In other words, it's really good, and in some weird way super comfy. Which sounds weird considering it's written by a lonely, slightly reclusive, borderline depressed professor rambling about depression.

what a horrible post

White Nights , Dostoevsky

This is the Steinbeck year for me. I discovered him only in march with The Grapes. Since then, I read EoE, Travels with Charley, Cannery Row and M&M. Now I open this thread to get a break from him, and I find this. I checked it and am immediately drawn to it.
It's weird. Never experienced that with another author.

steinbeck is great. seldomly mentioned on this board, tho.

If you liked grapes of wrath i can guarantee you'll love winter of our discontent, it's hands down my favorite novel. I also had a Steinbeck year some years ago, read about everything he created, the only author I could follow and love in all his works.

Piggybacking off this, this is pretty comfy, at least the first hundred pages or so. Something about Gass' prose which is enchanting

>the first 100 pages or so are comfy
the first 100 pages are the worst in the entire book
he deliberately deployed the modernist tactic of making the opening dense and awful
Still one of my favourites tho

nobody has posted pic related yet? its literally framed as a long, comfy winter story.

forgot the damn pic

fuck you, dick

Yeah I did you fucking idiot

Oh, missed it but I see it now. I'm sorry, friend.

I'd rather read Amundsen's account, if it exists.

How come the post-war Japanese authors knew how to write the seasons so beautifully?

Snow Country was written before the war user.

2018 will be the year I finally read M&D

Steinbeck is one of the great American writers, no doubt. Wish he was mentioned on here more.

My mistake, user, sorry.

only real niggas know this