/anti-natalists/ assemble! David Benatar was just on Sam Harris's podcast examining the question "Is life actually...

/anti-natalists/ assemble! David Benatar was just on Sam Harris's podcast examining the question "Is life actually worth living?"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1s88Ze41pRU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Link to the podcast:

youtube.com/watch?v=1s88Ze41pRU

I've always been sympathetic to anti-natalism, but Benatar's asymmetry argument has never made sense and never will.

>anti-natalists
>Ben Stiller
Are they trying to create weaponized videos that lower the viewers IQ in real time?

>Benatar's asymmetry argument has never made sense and never will.

Sam seems to agree with you.

Why can't Anglos just talk about how life is shit without being autistic moralfags going into debate that doesn't matter

Because if they did that they'd wind up like the French.

i've already had one kid. he is absolutely the best thing to ever happen to me. my wife and i are working on a second.

Good answer

>it took Sam Harris' podcast for him to find out about antinatalism

sure is brainlet in here

boofuckinghoo, family is great, oh life is great, dont see why you guys dont appreciate the greatness of miracle of the wonder of the human achievement that is sticking your bepis in a vagina
FUCK YOU

Happy for you user. Parenting isn't for everyone, but it's a great ride if you're up for it.

What the fuck? I think you may have issues

You new here? We've been discussing anti-natalism and Benatar on Veeky Forums for years now. That's why I made the thread.

Is it me or are philosophers pussies when it comes to any sort of suffering. It seems like many of them can't handle it, to the point that life would be worthless. If life isn't 100% dopamine and ecstasy then it is worthless. I don't it get Veeky Forums

What's wrong with feeling shitty once in a while? it's normal

>discuss it for 'years'
>gets all fangirlish when it gets highlighted in some reddit tier philosophers podcast

This guy should promote this concept to blacks in his home nation, but of course he's promoting it to whites and a jew is helping him get the message out even if he feigns disagreement. We know anti-natalism is a jewish meme anyway. Whites are the only people capable of progressing this planet forward, and everyone else is holding us back.

"Philosophers" are so fixated on ideas, many throw a tantrum when the real world is not ideal in some sense.
This is why you see grown, seemingly reasonable men advocate against your most basic instinct (reproduction) because life isn't all sunshine and rainbows.
It's quite sad really.

It's a lack of Hegel, or a lack of understanding Hegel I guess.

You need the rose AND the cross.

Fuck you.

>Uses Spooks to argue against the ego
He should read som Stirner.

t. pampered westerners who haven't felt anything worse than a stubbed toe

Not being antinatalist is just procrastination. The extinction event is coming, all that we get to decide is if it’s on our terms or if we get caught by surprise.

Your kid will have depression.

There's no such thing as depression retard

.t the unknowing father of the greatest antinatalist philosopher to ever live.

Not offing yourself is just procrastination. Death is coming, all that we get to decide is if it’s on our terms or if we get caught by surprise.

Because it's a non-sequitur which relies on a priori acceptance of a particular value judgement. It's actually really simple, but stems from a radical take on negative utilitarianism and so seems bizzare and dumb to most people.

Not shitting your pants is just procrastination. Shit is coming, all that we get to decide is if it’s on our terms or if we get caught by surprise.

Thanks for affirming how absurd this "argument" is

It's always funny how many (not all) atheists are so eager to point out how wonderful and fantastic and great being alive is. Almost like self-suggesting

Benatar has to cover himself with a hoodie and a baseball cap, because he was labelled a racist bigot a loooong time a go, sport.

he wasn't labelled racist, he was labelled sexist for pointing out societal misandry

Agreed. The difference is that I procrastinate with my own life and not that of others.

Consent is important.

In "Second Sexism", yes. But really, he's incredibly "unpopular", to say the least, among the black populace of U of Cape Town. I don't think I have the bookmarks anymore, but there was a number of anti-Benatar articles written by the alumni or dropouts.

>Consent is important.

If you say so

Please recall the gist of it. I’d be anti life too if I was a white man trapped in south Africa

Basically, some of the students felt as if he wasn't taking into account their life stories and disadvantages when rating their theses and general output. Benatar believes that not everybody NEEDS to go to college, while for many of those politicaly active, disadvanted young people college acts as means of validation and social promotion.

why not? Kevin Spacey's career was pretty much terminated because it turned out that he caused suffering. Despite that he's a talented actor whose performances have affected people, probably inspired some in a positive way, he's donated to charity numerous times. I'm sure if you would measure all his positive and negative actions against each other then he would overall be in the good. But it doesn't work like that. He caused harm and that overshadows everything else so he is rightfully being punished by having all of his career prospects for the near future eliminated. If we want to live in a consistent moral system then we have to acknowledge that procreating is bad, because no matter how good your life is, there will inevitably be a moment of suffering and the fact that your suffering could have been avoided if your parents hadn't chosen to procreate makes giving birth ethically wrong.

So basically blacks wanted extra brownie points for their identity while doing shit work?

I don't want to sound racist, but pretty much. South Africa is a clusterfuck, I wouldn't operate American terms while discussing it.

As an omnicidist I'm disappointed Benatar wouldn't even commit to the 'everyone dying in their sleep tonight unexpected would cause no harm' scenario Samuel threw at him.

Soyboy tier extinctionist intuitions that man. One more reason why only the accelerationist entropicist vision of Landian lyricism is worth taking seriously.

>groping some opportunistic Sodom and Gomorrah scum while creating a great show that exposes American politics for what they are and donating the profits to doggos and kots

I'd say let him go on if he ditches the Clintons and aids organisations.

The only people who would ever entertain this notion are whites. Niggers spics and gooks will keep swarming the planet though.

in the end, this animal-like behaviour will be the undoing of these sodom apelings. Earth space and resources are limited and some are not renewable.But whites be be long extinct by then

whites will create AI that will end non-whites as well though

Whites will be the last group to go extinct, and all non-white societies currently functioning are doing so either on the dime of whites like Africans or because they're able to mimic what whites do like east Asians. But this paradigm won't last. The problem whites have at the moment is moral: we are allowing hostile jews to dictate to us what is right and wrong, jews who are telling us that we aren't allowed to have our own societies. But this paradigm will also not last either, and is already starting to collapse in on the jews who erected this slave morality 2.0 of liberalism in place of Christianity to gain power in white societies. They're being exposed now and will be expelled yet again for their behavior.

It was actually BTFO by another antinatalist, Julio Cabrera

Last time i stubbed my toe it snapped and stood there crooked and bent and stupid and then I tried to push it into its correct place and I fucking fainted from the pain you nigger so never underestimate the amount of sorrow a stubbed toe can bring into your life

>post real life experience having a child in having a kid/ "is life actually worth living" disussion
>post deleted
lol. salty mods are salty

i said it was the best thing in my life. i didn't say it's the best for everyone. i definitely know people with kids who should not have had them.

this guy gets it. and thanks.

doesn't run in my family or my wife's family. but maybe. one never knows.

as his dad i'd be extremely proud if he's the greatest just about anything ever, even if it's a stance i generally don't agree with.

Ben please stop posting here

link pls