Moby dick

how come nobody told me how riotously funny this book is? ishmael is a fucking comedian.

>ishmael is a fucking comedian
Women aren't allowed here, just so you know

>implying women understand humor

Uhhh excuse me have you ever heard John Oliver's jokes? Those are all written by women and they're fucking funny

>women in charge of humor

>the fart joke in the beginning of the book
L-O-L

What are you mongs talking about? Moby Dick is a funny novel.

Was Melville the original braap poster?

t. woman

>It came in a sort of brief interlude and solo between more extensive performances. I take it this part of the bill must have run something like this:

>Grand Contested Election for the Presidency of the United States.
>Whaling Voyage By One Ishmael.
>BLOODY BATTLE IN AFGHANISTAN

this is simply uproarious

You know it.

The description of Queequeg and Ishmael waking up together seems straight out of a Seth Rogen movie
i still laughed though

The thing that I love about Moby Dick (and part of why it's my favorite book) is just how much there is in the story that almost everyone can find something different that they value about it.

For me the story affected my viewpoint on life because I've struggled with pretty severe obsessive compulsive disorder for a number of years (even sought out treatment for it that was unsuccessful), and to me Moby Dick is chiefly a story about how a man lets his obsessions completely destroy both himself and the people he's responsible for. He knows what he's doing is wrong and that his obsession is wrong, and that it will probably destroy him, so why can't he stop? These were all very important questions to myself on a personal level, and so that was the main focus for myself when I read the book. There are obviously many other ways to interpret the story, and that's what makes it such an amazing book.

I like when they meet the ship of lunatics. That's the only humorous part I can immediately recall. Maybe its old humor I'm too stuck out of time to recognize.

Like there are many funny and lighthearted parts. I think calling it a funny novel oversells it though

desperately need a /autism/ containment board. Isn't r9k good enough for you low iq types?

sounds like somebodys on the rag. dont worry babe ill go get you some midol

>not flipping hats off folk nonchalantly

Wow, you're very strong! Hang in there, if you need somebody to talk to my PM's are always open =)

Veeky Forums doesn't have PMs. Are you retarded?

:)

Excuse me, projecting much? I was just wishing you well user