Cat Person

This fucking Cat Person meme man.

My girlfriend just text me saying she wants "some time apart" and I know it's because of this fucking story. She read it yesterday and pointed out some things I had in common with Robert. Her friends have been tweeting / facebook posting about toxic guys and shitty men in general and I FUCKING KNOW it's why she just dumped me.

Two years. TWO FUCKING YEARS.

Why are you dating a cunt anyway, nevertheless a fucking woman?

Actually don't answer that.

Can someone give me a tl;dr on it?

>Women are crap.
>Men are hot crap.

Thanks

>female college student works at a cinema
>has a crush on an autistic beta male customer
>he asks her out and she says yes
>he is awkward and inexperienced
>she gets a kick out of being a desirable nymphette
>they fuck and she doesn't enjoy it
>refuses to answer his text messages afterwards
>her friend steals her phone and says "I'm not interested stop messaging me"
>he asks what he did wrong
>stalks her at a bar where she is with her friends
>drunk-texts her that night asking if she was fucking the guy she was with and calling her a whore

Most of the normie roastwhore tweeting about it are #metoo idiots who think the story is just saying how creepy and bad "quite nice guys" actually are, as does the story's author. It's very depressing my man. Ironically I am considering texting my now ex-gf asking her if we can talk about it, but I know she'll just think that's a very Robert thing to do and justify her decision even more.

It's really not a bad story and should do what good stories do, which is make you more aware of your actions and thoughts. But it's been so quickly weaponized (which did seem like part of the author's intention) that it, too, has become annoying.
Anyway, it's short, have a read.

Just a thought here, but women do not like it when men begin to say that they're done with women (consider the reaction to MGTOW). They're accustomed to the idea that when they make themselves harder to get that men will just become more interested and try harder to appease them, including changing the things about themselves that women don't like. When men begin to say that they'd rather not bother (and attain the freedom to say what they want towards the women), women become infuriated because their power over men decreases.

If you want your stupid girlfriend to get back with you, you're better off ignoring her until the time when she gets jealous of Stacey and desperately needs her boyfriend back to not look undesirable among her cunt friends.

Dude she has already blocked me on facebook and made her twitter private. But if you type in her handle into the twitter searchbar two of her friends have responded to something she has posted in the past couple of hours with "lol" and "relax it's natural!

I would never put up with cunt shit like that.

She'll expect you to come begging for her back over the next few days, and after a while she'll eventually agree but she'll give you 10x more shit for anything she doesn't like about you.

You won't agree with this because you're already hooked and incapable of making the right decision, but you're best off ignoring her until she comes back to you. It's obviously a power play to get better control over you (among other things like looking cool to her friends) and the only way to smash her power grab attempt is to simply remove her power over you and not act like you desperately want her back.

Again, you won't like it, but you should just wait for her to say something to you.

flawed humanity is now being looked at as a vice beyond saving. when men do something ugly it is being touted as inherent to their gender. i guess the reactionary strain is mestastasizing.

>she'll just think that's a very Robert thing to do a
fucking kek

Women would rather share one alpha male among 100 other women than to even consider dating someone at their own level unless they can use them for money.

Fuck it I texted her saying:

>"I realize this is a "Robert thing to do" but I really fucking love you and don't want things to end like this. Please can we talk about this so I can understand your change of heart? Please?"

She sounds absolutely insane. Either she was going to dump you already and convinced herself this is a valid excuse, or she's really quite a shitty person who you should avoid.

Hope you feel better soon user. There'll be more broads, if you still want them.

>he did the exact opposite of what everyone told him to do
You really are a Robert.

you faggot, this is why she broke up with you, I'm a virgin and even I can't stand how pathetic that sounds

Just tried calling her and she won't pick up. You people have to understand that she is the only person I have EVER opened up to or made myself vulnerable around. She has even said in the past that I am lucky she is willing to date me and I told her I was grateful. But I know for a fucking fact this story tipped her over the edge. I thought we'd get married someday.

Get ready for life to fucking suck my dude

To be fair, I've known women who start shit with their bf just to test their loyalty and see how much they really want to be with them. It's a real Roberta thing to do.

If you really dated this dumb idiot for two years, sorry you wasted your time my man. Take it as a lesson. Women are batshit these days, especially the kind with a Twitter implant.

>She has even said in the past that I am lucky she is willing to date me
WHAHHAHAHAHAAAAT???

Dude. Just pretend she doesn't exist anymore. If you see her in public pretend you don't know her. She's literally a psycho. Probably a pretty one, who developed narcissism that grew into sociopathy. "Losing her" you dodged a bullet.

>To be fair, I've known women who start shit with their bf just to test their loyalty and see how much they really want to be with them.
That's exactly what's happening, idiot.

>If you really dated this dumb idiot for two years, sorry you wasted your time my man.
She's holding out to make him more desperate for her, to keep him in her pocket. She completely intends on getting back with him otherwise she wouldn't go through all this effort.

too obvious now

dubs confirm

All the more reason why OP should dump her. Or any of you hypothetical anons in the future should beware.

That story is shit. I also don’t see the connection between the story and #metoo? The girl wasn’t fucking raped. She was the one who initiated it.

>All the more reason why OP should dump her.
Yep

>Read Cat Person
>It's not about a cat-human hybrid monster
>MFW

Stop being fat, m8.

It's a #metoo story because the same kind of stupid, attention-seeking, hand-raising "ooh ooh guys think I'm hot too!11!" cunt are now retweeting this story because they want people to know, as the author explains at length in her interview, how difficult it is for women to exist when weird, lonely, inexperienced beta males like Robert are out there.

/thread

Here you go

That’s not what #metoo is about though. It’s just roasties being roasties.

#metoo

omg i have so many guys chasing after me it's such a burden omggg so tough being a woman

Drop her dude, if someone can drop you after you open yourself up to them they're not worth your attention. Only people that can get away with that are blood.

Stop. You’re embarassing yourself.

OP, you should not have been calling your ex-girlfriend at 2:30-5:30 in the fucking morning (if you're a burger. If you're not a burger, why are you reading the fucking New Yorker?)

This thread is now about Cat People.

He's right. Women always have been and always will be masochistic, resentful, gossip-orientated, spiteful, dependent, pathetic creatures whose primary virtue is the gaping hole between their legs.

t. misogynistic fox and grapes virgin

>she'll just think that's a very Robert thing to do and justify her decision even more.
That's a very Robert thing to say

>but you're best off ignoring her until she comes back to you

Expecting this to happen is delusional even though it's largely correct.

The best thing, obviously is to ignore her. No questioning that. But to expect her to come back? You've got to be more realistic, she had already come to the decision that doesn't like you anymore if all it took was a shitty short story to put you on block. The worst thing you can do right now is act indignant and pretend like you're not a low status male with middling social capital, because if you were, you wouldn't be in the situation you're in.

What you should do is continue with your work, focus on your physical health, maintain what current friendships you have, and get another girlfriend. And then maybe down the road she'll think of you as a not-as-pathetic version of you that she;d give a second chance to but the odds of that are awful

>She has even said in the past that I am lucky she is willing to date me and I told her I was grateful.
Pic related. The lowest quality of bait.

are you a john green novel?

>She has even said in the past that I am lucky she is willing to date me and I told her I was grateful.
No no no no no.
If you're not baiting, realize this bitch isn't worth it. Channel your self-loathing into self-improvement and turn it into raging, seething spite for this roastie whore. Be the kind of person she would actually WANT to go out with and then spit in her face when she comes grovelling at your knees. The best revenge is a life well lived my friend.

Why are we so quick to detect misandry but deny the countless years women have been subjected to unrealistic standards of femine traits, behavior, etc. I see the current trend of misandry as only a small reaction to the enormous history of sexism which has past. It is unfortunate that women are taking this reactionary stance since that makes it difficult to reconcile. And flaws like being a "robert" are really part of our male experience which we have to own and I would say have no thought towards improving. To me the real disaster of the enlightened progressive thought has been the demands it makes on the individual for improvement on a competitive scale. Humans will always be as they are, fragile and irrational--by turns a beast. These things apply to men as well as women.

Fuck off roast apologist.

I'm in Britain.

I tried phoning her again but her friend, who I know but don't relate to (an """aspiring actress""" who sleeps around a lot) text me just now telling me to give my girlfriend some space.

Because this is a board filled with bitter males. The twitter feeds are filled with bitter females. Both are going to take their own sides, obviously. Use your own judgement.

idiot

As another user said yesterday, the Cat Person story reveals two human pathologies, a male and a female one.

This text is getting misinterpreted. It is not supposed to make you simply feel empathetic with the protagonist, rather it is a highly self-critical and somewhat self deprecating from the author. She knows her treatment of Robert was inadequate and her intentions were egoistic.

This is a highly personal story and the way the readers try to make it archetypical is just wrong.

Also sorry OP that your girlfriend did that, what a despicable fucking thing to do. Really activates my almonds. Maybe just chill for a day and don't escalate.

>tfw no bitter twitter female gf

That's just juvenile and terrible. How'd you manage to stay together 2 years?

This guy knows zero (0) about relationships and his advice is borderline terrible.

Though I do agree on one point : She probably wasn't worth it in the first place.

Jesus christ. You should be put down.

The opposite is true. Many women are highly possessive and couldn't possibly entertain the thought of sharing their romantic partner. You're fucking retarded Bro. If your hypothesis were true, polygamy would be way more common, but it remains a highly niche phenomenon.

Truth is that women settle just as men do. We either settle or grind ourselves to death.

We were both pretty inexperienced when we met, moreso me because she had friends who had attended the same university with most of them moving to the same city afterwards. But since then she has become real confident and I know she is frustrated because I'm not earning as much as she or her upper-class / upper-middle-class friends, and my guess is she is tired of our initially "cutesy" romance and wants to find someone more long-term and ambitious. That's only my interpretation of what's happened to us lately. I just feel she's outgrown me and sees me as dead weight now.

>i realize this is a very "robert thing to do"
life is a fucking parody at this point
I wish the Luciferian billionares would just hurry up with their depopulation plans

I just read the story and it's so crazy how big a piece of shit Robert is the entire story.

Only good post ITT. The Only one.

Polygamy is very common you fucking naive retard. It just isn't displayed as such. So many high-earning men cheat on their partners and wives, if only for one night etc, and the women usually treat it as a "boys will be boys" issue and allow them back. Many women actually find this hot. I LARP in my spare time (which is all the time) as various types of people across different forums. On Mumsnet I have been in a ton of private threads full of women being jealous that the "hubbies" of other women are still desirable to other women.

It's a great work of craftsmanship (that is, it has nice, evocative sentences), but it's a terrible work of art.

To say that Robert is underdeveloped would be an understatement. His actions aren't consistently motivated. He's just an incoherent cluster of signifies without any concrete individuality. We are not allowed to empathize with him, because you can't empathize with an abstraction.

Though I'm sure it wasn't intended this way, the story is a great argument against promiscuity or, if you prefer, "sexual liberation."

>His actions aren't consistently motivated. He's just an incoherent cluster of signifies without any concrete individuality.

Y-yeah haha, I-I'm so glad th-this doesn't apply to me a-at all!

that's not polygamy, just adultery

It's a form of polygamy idiot, i.e. married women voluntarily sharing their husband with other f**k-holes because they are dependent and it gets them off to think their husband is desirable. There's actually a term called "peeping" where the married woman will strike a deal with her husband that he can have other women in their bed as long as she can go in the next room and listen in, or stand in the closet and peep between the doors.

That is not polygamy, rather it is merely promiscuity, since polygamy entails multiple relationships.

Cheating on your wife also is not polygamy, because polygamy is by definition consensual. If your wife doesn't know or doesn't have any evidence you are simply cheating on her.

If you think that kind of behaviour is widespread in the west you should check out Korea and Japan. Women are expected to tolerate their men going to 'prostitutes regularly. Again, not polygamy at all.

Also, you are most certainly just looking for proof for your already very desolate worldview instead of remaining open and objective.

Same poster as In the specific case of peeping it is indeed polygamy since it fits the commonplace definition. However I sincerely doubt this phenomenon is all that widespread (safe for your forum) and generally something that is only done in hopeless pragmatic relationships anyway.

Mmhmm, because we can all see where throwing off the weighty "unrealistic standards of feminine traits" have gotten us.

>"Just be open and objective bro, you'll have a chick in no time"

Will this shit trickle down to the third world? Or is moving to South America a good contingency plan?

Thanks for this post.

>I realize this is a "Robert thing to do"

Nigger what the fuck, you deserve your nu-male ass dumped

What is happening to Veeky Forums recently? Jesus Christ.

Just when people starting to see the light about the Jewish Question etc the feminists come and start shitting up the place.

Veeky Forums is not your hugbox. It has never been a hugbox. It's always been the opposite of whatever was in power. Not that Obama's gone and Trump is president, expect to see the rightwing shilling die off and leftwing shilling to return. If it bugs you, just wait a couple of years until things swing the other way again.

Nah you have it wrong its not whatever's in power its whatever's popular on reddit

MY GOD WHAT A SHITTY STORYLINE

>reading for plot

Back to redd1t kiddo

Kys you nigger

>written in the third person
>goes into detail about the woman's thoughts and emotions
>white the guy's subjectivity is completely ignored
Is anyone actually critiquing the story for this?

No, because that's a dumb critique. Third person narrator with insight into a protagonist is normal you fucking faggot.

>It didn't recognize my subjectivity!
You sound like a girl.

The prose is even worse though. Its plot is actually the most remarkable part

Completely normal you fucking retard

The prose is fine for a short story. It articulates the female perspective very well, especially in respect to our shame at being viewed as un-accommodation and our secret desire to be degraded.

t. femanon

The deuteragonist not being presenting as a human being isn't good writing

As a femanon, what did you think of the section on her loss of her virginity? Her mother booked her a room at a bed and breakfast, boyfriend bought flowers, mother wrote her a card, blah blah blah? I kind of liked the story, but this part seemed contrived and silly.

Do women ever feel guilty for hating lonely nerds as much as they do? I know women like to present "nice guys" as secretly bad people, but that's clearly not the reason they don't date them.

i do not relate to robert at all and am honestly confused how much traction the story is getting. when did total lack of self-awareness and inexperience regarding female romantic relationships become the modern male archetype?

Don't speak for all women you histrionic fucking whackjob
Whore shit

I think the author included that partly to make it clear the female protagonist wasn't someone who is casual about sex, thus precluding any attacks on her character considering how weird and misogynistic Robert is being about the fact she has had 7 sexual partners by the age of 20, as if that's a lot or something.

It isn't if its the fucking point of the story. Though its certainly shit for other reasons
Again stop posting, fuck off dumb dumb

>Robert is being about the fact she has had 7 sexual partners by the age of 20, as if that's a lot or something.
uh, that is a lot. Average man has like 7 partners in a lifetime. Do women seriously not think that that's a lot?

in on troll thread

>wasn't someone who is casual about sex
>7 different partners by 20

You have to understand that default mode for women in male spaces (which is pretty much everywhere) is like default for mode for children in "adult spaces". That's why we have whisper networks etc and just a general sense of automatic empathy and comradeship between females. And in our experience lonely nerdy guys are rarely misunderstood diamond-in-the-rough sweethearts but often bitter, angry, mentally ill manchildren. Stories like this just confirms that, hence the massive reaction from women and our male allies.

>as if that's a lot or something.

This has to be bait

It's not a lot today, sorry it's just not. Women have a right to experience a diversity of sexual (and romantic) partners before settling on one guy who they know, relatively speaking, is the best fit for them.

We live in a post-Virginia Woolf world. Having no insight into vital characters is retrograde

robert detected

Shut the fuck up

Allies? Are you going to war or something?