Read expected got

template is attached boys, let's do this one a bit differently. I'm going to create a list of books and if you've read one of them, make some OC for Veeky Forums.

Together, we can make shitty culture.

>Great Gatsby
>any Harry Potter
>On the Road
>your favorite story from Dubliners
>any Alice Walker
>any Joyce Carol Oates
>Frankenstein
>Wuthering Heights
>Heart of Darkness
>bonus points for 120 Days of Sodom

I'm not sure I understand what it is that you expected

Which version of The Divine Comedy is that? I like the cover.

barnes and noble. translation is longfellow i believe.

A journey to HELL \m/

Thank you.

kafka overrated shit

>Kafka overrated
no, not at all. if anything underrated. wrote some of the most important works in the history of mankind and died without receiving any thanks, recognition or real praise. Jealousy is an ugly trait user

Justify your statement.

Veeky Forums told me so

You beautiful faggot

So you were just bored by it? You actually thought it was dense prose?

I never read Pinecone, all I knew is that some literary critics liked him like Bloom and that he's known for confusing writing and conspiracies in his plots. So I was mostly expecting some confusing story with prose that would go over my head. I was pleasantly surprised by Pynchon's writing style, however, the ending was like being blue balled by a book. I don't know what's worse, the fact that Pynchon blueballed me or that I still picked up V. after he did.

ur anus is mine

I have but only concern

LooL

>last thread turned me to The Master and Margarita.

They weren't lying, that was a ride.

Glad my OC made an impression :)

What are you getting at

Don't be turned off by V., it's still early writing for Pynchon and many find it much harder to read than Gravity's Rainbow

This so much. V's jumps from storyline to storyline and the loose connections are very similar in nature to GR's relationships, but they're so much more abrasive for a casual reading.

With that said, the whole theme of the rat prophets was maybe my favorite literary idea ever made manifest.

I read it because of that image too, and it’s honestly a great book. The last chapter is pure magic.

I'm not that good at these.

it's about the journey not the destination. If you want obvious and spooky twists every 20 pages stick to king or goosebumps.

I think people expect it this way because of all the nightmarish memes around him. All in all he is like dostoyevski, shitloads of text with a lot of truth in it and soft and understandable language.

oc donut steal

are there any good books?

are there any books?

are there books?

Taken you up on your challenge OP

there books

OC