The last book you read by an Irish writer

>the last book you read by an Irish writer
>what you thought of it

Conversations with Friends by Sally Rooney
I really liked it, really made me open up to the ambiguousness of life and sexuality :)

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, trying to get through my reading list like the boring cunt I am
Shit was good mang

hi Ireland best country fuck anglos

Started At Swim-Two-Birds nearly a decade ago. I never finished it but I thought it was incredible. I need to get my hands on Flann O’Brien’s complete works again.

>A portrait as an artist as a young man

I really liked it, though I think ill have to read it again to fully get everything going on.

Finnegans wake, pretty good for light reading

Someone post that green pill meme

Same book for me.

It made me think of really pretty images. Probably the only book I've read written in a "stream-of-consciousness-from-protagonist's-POV" style. The writing style made the beginning parts of the book feel very intimate, like I was riding in the passenger seat of Stephen's consciousness. Made me reflect on how I used to experience things as a kid.

spil simmer falter wither by sarah baume

made me cry at lleast twice. taught me about compassion, empathy and whatnot of course, I promise.

here's a gif

>green pill

please post this

I'd highly recommend reading a version with footnotes if you didn't; it really helps you understand it better.

The Third Policeman by Flann O'Brien. Loved it.

Poems of Sir Samuel Ferguson (Classic Reprint)
by Alfred Perceval Graves

one of the best books ive ever read

currently reading (Scottish Authors) The History of England (David Hume) and the poems of Allan Ramsay

loving it

Before that i read Wealth of Nations (Adam Smith).

loved it

Dubliners. Mostly enjoyed it, but I couldn't help feeling like I was missing some context since I've never been to Ireland and am not Catholic.

I read the first page of Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man and retched.

Kidnapped - Robert Louis Stevenson
It was a fine story

Gaelic is Irish, right?

I haven't finished it yet but I spent the past half hour doing squats on my dildo listening to a reading of Finnegan's Wake

Ulessys was ok I guess, not as good as Thus Sole Zarathustra

It is yeah. Don't confuse it with Scotch Gaelic though, which might be what you're thinking of.

Amongst Women by John McGahern.
He captures the experience of a soldier of The Rising outside of the martial context.

>The Brothers Karamakov
>Pretty good desu

darren shan's demonata series
elementary school me thought it was pretty fucking awesome

Banville’s The Book of Evidence. If you were feeling unkind you might call it babby’s first unreliable narrator, but I do think it’s clever in parts. The ending sort of turns its faults into its strengths.

Is this even famous outside Ireland?

yep, it's known in England too

Does watching McGoohan in The Quare Fellow count?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWjehoS1aRs

The Riddle of the Sands
I enjoyed the sailing parts more than the espionage parts to be desu.

Childers seemed like a bro. Paddies were no-guns cucks for executing him.

>pretty good, for light reading

How bout you suck your dick more, faggot.

Darren Shan was my shit I read every single one of those vampire books in middle school l. Thanks for reminding me about the good times, user.

The Foundation for Exploration by Sean Goonan. Tremendous.

>Dubliners
Very comfy, made me want to write again. I couldn't help but write about galoshes after reading The Dead

ok, pretentious high school guy

Tarry Flynn by Patrick Kavanagh. Thought it was a great portrayal of life in rural Ireland, but I much prefer his poetry

resuscitate