Philosophical production from Germany before the war

>Philosophical production from Germany before the war.
>Philosophical production from Germany after the war.

What happened, guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

murica is best nation happened

Uhh... war?

Germany as a project failed. Enjoy what Germans we have left because they're going to be our last

>No Heidegger
How convenient

>philosophy before the death of alexander
>philosophy after the death of alexander
WTF happened??

youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY

>Enjoy what Germans we have left because they're going to be our last
Thank God. I can't wait until the Eternal Kraut is only a memory.

Agreed, enjoyable while they lasted but more trouble than they're worth

dumbest youtube video i've seen all year. go read a book.

You hate him because he tells the truth

he called austria and franz ferdinand irrelevant ... so yeah i hate him because of muh truth

All good Germans died out as soldiers in two pointless wars.

The best philosophy?

Aristotle died after Alexander's death

Nah, Ernst Jünger alone makes this statement wrong.

They killed all their Jews.

If only

The Jews took over German society and began eradicating the native culture, all to prevent 'muh Holohoax.'

If you want a non-meme answer: prosperity and political stability happened. If you consider the German philosophers of note, you'll find that German philosophy peaked during times of tremendous instability. The 19th century kicked off with French occupation and then later on, Restauration. There was no unified Germany not was there a prosperous nation. The Bourgeoisie fled to philosophy, German Idealism especially copes with the fact of lack of self-determination and the apprehensive feeling of being at the mercy of outside forces (the french, nobility etc.)

The German Empire (1870-1918) saw little philosophical developments because the whole country was geared towards a society of scientific and economic production, it was no longer virtuous to build these overwrought and convoluted schools of thought, you were supposed to put your intellect to good use which could yield tangible results.

Same thing happened after WWII. No time to philosophize if the country barely keeps from starving. After the Post-war crisis, the economic uptick created a society of cosmopolitan democracy and consumerism, the same development as in other countries after WW2, and the uniquely German propensity towards quixotic thought was supplanted by the dogma of productiveness.

Tl;Dr the better things are going, the less likely you are to produce notable philosophy

>G-Germans will be extinct any day now

Anglos are shook, the end of Germany has been prophesied for centuries now. Afraid we're here to stay

>the better things are going, the less likely you are to produce notable philosophy
Then we should be flush with ground-breaking philosophy nowadays.

I agree but I think people are so cucked that think things are ok. Telling the truth isnt what is acceptable or respectable, its posturing that is.

Just read Kierkegaard

You literally have a worse aging crisis than the Japanese. In a generation most young people in Germany will not be Germans

>I think people are so cucked that think things are ok
These two things are mutually exclusive. The fact that you could think that everyone being cucked is good exemplifies exactly how not good everything is right now.

What war?

ur point being?

the war, dumbass

Except your psychotic metrics of what constitutes "good" only apply within /pol/ (and you really need to go back there)

>everyone who disagrees with me is /pol/
Is this not the essence of leddit?

Birth rates in Germany have risen from 1.49 for women born in 1968 to 1.6 for women born in 1980, dumbass

>Young people will be a minority in their own country

Sooo like the US or urban England?

How many of those are turkish?

He is Germanic too.

Germany and the Germanic volk has always been the leading force in philosophy.

What's it matter? Most Turks have been here for generations and are considered German by most metrics. They're not even practicing Muslims for the most part. You don't know a whole lot about German demographics it seems

Or would you consider Pakistanis not British and Mexicans not American?

Fuck off from Europe, goatfucker

>What's it matter?
Lmao

>Or would you consider Pakistanis not British and Mexicans not American?
American was founded about two centuries ago as a heterogenous nation, that's not the same as an ethnic homeland. It's tricky and I wouldn't hold it against any non-european european, but that just isn't how things work. Although Turkey isn't that far off culturally and even ethnically, they're like an eastern Iberia that never got reconquered, but India-Pakistan migrating to Britain annoys me, the former region is home to about 1.5 BILLION people, all coming to a tiny island, just fuck off.

>Muh ethnic majorities

Imagine being this spooked

Nazism, then war devastation, occupation and East-West split killed the culture. Many writers became expats or became kill during the Nazi regime. Consider the fact all Kafka’s family died, or that even ‘reactionary’ writers like Friedrich Reck were sent to concentration camps to wither and die. The /pol/ fantasy of smashing all le degenerate art comes with rather horrible collateral damage. Germany’s culture could almost certainly have survived the Weimar regime. Nazism is what killed it. Same for the ethnic nationalist politics and European geopolitical prominence so coveted by /pol/. Hitler and his war is what put the nail in that coffin.

Being imagine being spooked enough to think thousands of years of ethnic identity will be carried on by brown skill Muhammad worshippers
An accent is not a culture

>Germany’s culture could almost certainly have survived the Weimar regime.
The suicide rate across Deutschland was approximately .4%. Berlin had approximately 100,000 prostitutes. This was not tenable from a social perspective. Change was due. As a sidenote, the Taliban was originally formed to thwart rampant highway rape. When change is necessitated, we may not like the change that we get.

I think is more about how Modern philosophy was not longer view as acceptable, which turned it into the postmodernist mess is now a day

I’m aware of the rather exceptional social revolution achieved under the Third Reich, and also of the Taliban’s origins. Obviously what the Taliban developed in response to is entirely sympathetic. That doesn’t mean that the culture it takes the reign of won’t come out of its rule severely decayed if that’s the nature the regime assumes. We’ll never recover those ancient Buddha statues, as one thing out of many.

19th century London was a shithole full of child labourers, poor sanitation, prostitution and other forms of social decay and still retained its cultural importance as the centre of an empire which remained at its peak for quite an extensive period. Britain has generally been a place of reform rather than revolution like its continental cousins - of course you have the occasional Cromwell, but generally Britain adapted to social disorder without the upheaval associated with complete cultural rearrangement. Perhaps something to do with the persistence of its class system and the relations embedded in that.

I think Germany almost certainly would have pulled through its depression without the severity of the Nazi regime. Taking the war into account, it would have been much better in the long term to tough it out for another decade than engage itself in a suicidal war. Germany is fundamentally different to say the Soviet Union or Greece. The Bolsheviks couldn’t transform the shithole agrarian shit into a modern industrial society in the span of a few years like the Nazis could basically undo Germany’s economic turmoil did in the span of a few years. Same with Greece: apart from the general incompetence of the movement, the Golden Dawn wouldn’t be able to win and reverse Greece’s situation at the turn of a hat. Germany wasn’t doomed to perpetual decline. The tide was already turning in their favour. The fact that no one really pestered Hitler about breaking all the treaties and agreements was a demonstration of the broad sympathy to Germany’s situation in the 1930s and the reluctance to begin any sort of intra-European conflict widespread at the time. The whole thing is rather tragic, really.

You talk as if the rise of Nazism was a purely economic matter and not that people were so disgusted and terrified about the nihilistic emptiness of Liberal life

Not my intention, but obviously a large affliction of the German people was the economic despair. Economy is just one of the metrics of defining the relations between people and nations. Germany’s confidence and national pride was shaken by its stare of political, social and economic defeat. I did make it clear that despite the conditions of say, London, the culture not only survived but thrived and repaired its social sickness.

To navigate between too much openness and also perhaps an unjustified historical determinism about this period is difficult. Something was probably going to happen to German society. It had been building for a long time. Isn’t that the whole Sonderweg narrative? Didn’t Heinrich Heine predict the state of German society a hundred years in advance? It seems your sympathy of what Nazism retaliated against unduly makes you unable to consider Nazism a negative and destructive cultural evolution too. To hate the decadence of the Ancien regime is not to love the many fatal forms of its deluge. Even de Sade hated the reckless pleb brutality of it.

>Germany as a project failed. Enjoy what Germans we have left because they're going to be our last
good riddance

You're responding to different Anons. And I agree Nazism was a pointless barbarity but I think perhaps it was necessary for the survival of the German identity itself. In that sense it was not negative unto itself though it was in the end an unquestionable failure and if it was I think it was the German race itself that failed.

>You're responding to different Anons.
Yes, he is, but spoke very well for me while I left the thread for sleepytime.