Be honest with yourself user, he was a little bit smarter than you

be honest with yourself user, he was a little bit smarter than you

I don't think anyone's denying that

And a better writer

avoice from afire bellowsed mishe mishe to, tauftauf thuartpeatrick: not yet, though venissoon after

This man was having a stroke and they forced him to keep writing. Luckily this would never happen today.

he was definitely smarter than that user who fucked up his coffee date

'Finnegans' needs an apostrophe.

Even in the internet age its hard to comprehend how he did it.

not really, read it like a sentence: Finnegans Wake.

Ummm you dont get it man.. FINNEGAN'S would imply a character name but the story is calling for all FINNEGANS to awake.. thus.. finnegans wake,..

hey fuck you, bud

That doesn't mean he wasn't a retard

er...how does an internet help one write a novel?

look up any word and its entire history instantly

>tauftauf thuartpeatrick: not yet, though venissoon after
is this cah its like: pea tricks with spoons(eating and flicking peas)/(patrick?)/(patrick thuarted (thwarted)) and also, ambivalently, very soon and venison (meat to be served)?

Since I no longer base my sense of self worth on my potential for historical impact (as I did from ages 15 to 25 and steadily less thereafter), I can honestly say I'm perfectly okay with this and more still that it's a damn good thing I'm nowhere near the smartest guy on earth, on account of I have considerably less to offer than the Giants to the ants (such as myself) that come marching through their books out of curiosity from time to time.

>damn good thing i'm nowhere near the smartest guy on earth
Surely if you were "smart" you would have something to offer

>tfw not a 170 IQ intellectual god with an intuitive mastery of all facets of language
>tfw not an aristocratic aesthete who grew up in a culture that taught him to understand and appreciate the greatest achievements of Western civilization
>tfw not a polymath born at a time of world-shaking historical and social developments
>tfw not a Nietzschean artist-hero able to harness the invisible currents of consciousness and craft new ones through my artistic excellence, technical perfection, originality, and deep knowledge of beauty
>tfw the most literary accomplishment I can realistically hope for is that of a Stephen King middlebrow type
>and even that is a total pipe dream
>tfw not a genius
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

won't somebody please PLEASE just fucking kill me!!?!?!?!?!?!

I that case it would need a vocative comma.
> Finnegans, wake

Who?
James Finnegans or Wake Joyce?

I actually started reading this a few days back and am already so so lost. About 20 page in and have no idea what the plot is so far besides sex jokes puns, Irish history, multilingual portmanteau, and seemingly disconnected biblical references. It's worthwhile in a masochistic way, but fuck this is oblique. From anyone who has finished the book, does it get easier?

Genius cripples, user. You're more blessed than Joyce because you can write a book that people actually enjoy reading.

Nah man, it informs the reader that Finnegans Wake. They always have, and always will. Just a fact of life.

PFFFFFFFTTBWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

yeah, like the other user said, it's not vocative, it's nominative: Finnegans Wake. They just do.