You just published your novel and it's on shelves everywhere. What are the critics saying about it?

You just published your novel and it's on shelves everywhere. What are the critics saying about it?

>I never thought I'd see such clever and eloquent use of the word 'cuck'

...no discernible talent.

>I liked this book

That'd be cool.

Overtly accessible drivel down to the last sentence.

9/10

"Fucking A WHITE male"
"No plot, not characters, not even a setting! This isnt literature"
"Ayyo what the FUCK did i just read. White nigga finna tryna turn my brain white man dindu need no likeable characters!"

"...highly disturbing yet poignant"

>"a fever dream"
>"a riveting tour de force"
>"at once lyrical and unflinching"
>"The cum-eating scenes will have you laughing out of your seat"

Essentially a mishmash of Dazai, Kafka and Camus, the author wasn't able to enforce his own non-melancholic voice trough his literary influences.

"i only bought the book because i felt sorry for him"

Something something nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor
Sorry phone posting and my meme storage facility is back in mom’s basement

>Holy.....I want more.....

>a tour de force

>This promising debut novel from the enfant terrible of new Canadian Letters is a unique combination of history, diary, memory, comedy and campus / sexual politics.

bloated, but fun

>To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand user's Magnum Opus, My Diary Desu. The existentialism is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of wikipedia articles and DFW reaction images most of the jokes will go over a typical reader’s head.

>Enjoyable.

The sentences are too long. A little too abtuse.

nihilistic with a dark sense of humor.... nothing personnel DISTURBING but also I want to suck his cock, his trenchcoat is so cool

>A modern day Nietzsche: It's not really philosophy but /pol/ will lap up the clever aphorisms

>Ugh no world building, the characters were like, sooooo unrelatable, and it's just white men talking and talking. can you just not!?

The New York Times refuses to review my book because it's too right-wing.

"Masterful"
- The New York Times

"Tour de force"
- Huffington Post

"Exhilarating"
- Guardian

I can't wait

>it's ok
>yeah, fun read
>good if you've time to kill on a bus or somethin

not enough women of color

>Tolkien-esque
Or some other comparison to popular fantasy works because that's the only way /sffg/ is ever reviewed, by comparing and contrasting it to other fantasy

>Clearly written by a virgin

What does unflinching mean in this context?

Nothing really. It's a pithy idiom beloved by pseud book reviewers.

Powerful and brave

>The new rebels are here
>Oh how banal
>So this is what DFW meant

>brave
you have to be either a woman or a minority or lgbt for book reviewers to call your book "brave"

>was the clock rape scene nessicary?

the author has some extreme mommy issues and is likely insecure about his penis

If it's on the shelves everywhere, then the publisher has invested a lot in its success, which means a large marketing budget, which means all the critics love it.

Uses "Rule-Of-Cool" like a toddler with a red cape.

Are white men exempt from bravery?

I think we've just waxed poetically on our bravery so much that the market is tired of it.
>Inb4
I don't think it's good it would just make sense to me that the pendulum swings. There have been past eras of promotion of the Noble Savage and stuff b4 too so permanency of taste is not something I ascribe too.

My biggest fear is they'll all go "wow this guy's really disturbed and sad" and I'll have repressed it so hard that I won't be aware of it