Depressed and Faggoted

I have depression and can't focus on reading worth shit even though I have no job and all the free time in this god forsaken fucking world. What the FUCK do I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B-bk1qugYmo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

go to a psychiatrist

Masturbate

accept defeat

take stimulants; caffeine isn't great and may or may not do anything for you, but if you don't have access to better stimulants (amphetamine, or harder options which shouldn't be named). better yet, go see a pyschiatrist, and they'll give you much better information on the subject.

Clean your room.

Don't fall for the psychiatry meme. In fact, don't fall for any meme at all besides the kill yourself meme because you're too far gone (meme). Do you understand meme?

Get a job.

>Get a job.

Semi-related to the OP but what's a good hobby to get into besides reading for a NEET? Even if I spend 3 hours a day going through a book I still need something else to occupy my time with. I'd consider photography or something simple but that requires leaving the house if you want to do anything remotely interesting with it.

if you dont enjoy reading literature there's no reason to push yourself. it's not like other things like exercise or eating healthy where there's clear benefit beyond enjoyment of the act itself.

I'm NEET (3 years) and I currently read 5-15 pages an hour for about 8-10 hours a day.
Days go by fairly fast.
I've tried minimizing electronics for 1 hour a day but I think the damage is permanent. I remember when I was a little younger I used to be able to finish a book in one sitting. Airport fiction admittedly but my attention would hardly wander and I never got bored. Now I fidget, look up at the ceilings/walls, stare at the sky and fall asleep.

How far into NEEThood did you start that routine?

Have you tried any instrument?
Learn keyboard and then guitar and bass. Learn music theory as well.

It depends on the book user. I read Elementary Particles in one sitting because it was so good, but stuff like Dante's Inferno or Less Miserables takes months or longer due to my interest level in it. There's a difference between academic reading and masturbatory consumption.

was this post meant for ?

Stop using the internet. Including Veeky Forums in fact especially Veeky Forums. Stop watching television.

Well from 18 to 20 I did nothing except browse here, play video games and watch films/shows. Then I eventually got fed up of that and started to read genre fiction tolkien/gene wolfe/jack vance around May last year then gradually moved onto literary criticism/poetry and novels like tale of two cities and moby dick. I'd say I've been reading at least 4 hours a day for 6 months and 8 hours a day for 2 months. Thing is I just read. I rarely write or do any problem solving, I don't go out of my way commit things to memory other than new vocabulary.

I'm not sure whether reading is enough. Maybe I'm slow because I'm not challenging myself intellectually, I just read and hope I get faster at comprehending.
I just don't know how I can improve my speed, I'd be happy to read consistently at 25 pages an hour, instead of 5-15.

There is definitely something wrong with me, I'm guessing a combination of lethargy, an irregular sleeping pattern, dopamine overstimulation, conditioning my brain to read 1/2 line posts on a widescreen monitor, no structure in my life, no real consistent challenging intellectual tasks and no social interaction. Whenever I read no matter what I do I just regress about half a dozen times every other line, no matter the material. I try to speed up/give myself wider saccades to help with the processing of words but then I just forget whatever I just read.

Do you know exactly why you cant focus? Out of lack of passion or memory of what you just read?

The reason is because you feel guilty for your own inadequacies. You have to contribute something to feel like you've earned, and enjoy, you leisure. When you've earned it you can focus on it because you aren't distracted by the parasitic pretensions of your self.

find some sort of purpose, regardless of importance or benefit. Just something you enjoy and has some sort of positive impact on your mood.

Video games, they seem right up your alley

Have you tried heroin my dude? I've heard is pretty good

Used to play piano but stopped after highschool. Should probably get back into it.
Why the snark?

I'm insecure

>muh snark
this aint the place for you, kid. try gaia online

What is this, 2006? Why the snark?

don't listen to this fag, it's an uphill battle. If even an iota of passion is there it's more a matter of commitment than anything.

did you finish high school? seems like you're in your early 20s, so you can still go to uni. this will give you structure in your life, challenging intellectual tasks and social interaction. these things may start an upwards spiral.

maybe try to find something you're interested in and try going to uni? you can always go back in case you don't like it (if you're a burger who has to pay 5k+ tuition i feel sorry for you)

Watch this:
youtube.com/watch?v=B-bk1qugYmo

Ok now you will see that deep down every one of them was depressed, both in fiction and in reality. Therefore they took actions to remedy their situation and improve their lots in life. One must find this deep purpose for oneself. But first one must be willing to try beer jousting and forego all manner of customs and sobriety. Learn to put out.