What am I in for?

What am I in for?

Some weird ideas on nature for one. It's an interesting look at the how people pre enlightenment science thought about biology, weather, and matter.

The peak of western thought

a bunch of laughable mystic shit thrown in with some actually decent thought

They weren't that mystical desu

Kino

I've never seen this book before. Is it good, and if so, what for? I'm assuming it's a good contextual supplement

It's decent. There's some really interesting stuff. I feel like Robin Waterfield is a bit of a sperg though.

h 0
rrse
shit

The Logos

lmao

>a whole book on sophistry
Western civilization is finished

kek

fucking top kek

But what about traps?

You're in for some fucking dumbasses, that's for sure.

You, sir, just took some of the biggest bait out there that any other Indonesian Hungry Hungry Hippos enthusiast forum could ever dream of spewing forth. I can't fucking believe you, guy. You came into this board full of uptight egotistic pricks who are, in reality, a bunch of low self-esteem, literally autistic NEETS who are so desperate for some fucking perverted sense of social validation that they go to such fucking lengths to appear "patrician" by wasting their damn time reading (or rather pretend to read) a bunch of old actual buttfuckers in togas saying stupid shit like "da erf be made of water n sheit nigguh." Little are these retards capable of knowing, nobody fucking cares. These guys are posers.

Congrats, pal, you fell for a meme. A big fucking meme.

Get a job.

Stop trying to make a funny faux-insight post.

What's the context?

they were trying to solve a chicken an egg problem, if babies aren't capable of taking care of themselves then how did the very first human beings survive

Imagine being this much of a faggot lmao

It's what you should read before delving too far into Plato and Aristotle since it's the foundation of thought that Western civilization is based upon.

Not meaning to be rude but are you new to Veeky Forums? It's just this book is seen as an essential read if you're interested in philosophy.

gayyy

You're not funny
Honestly, just read it, pal. I assume you bought it, now read it.

I've been here for at least a year and never saw this recc'd. I don't pay much attention to the ebin reading charts so that's probably why.

>>>/reddit/

ignore that user he's a retard
it came out like a few years ago

Loooooooool, well meme'd.
Have some gold stranger.

You sort of have to be in order to have the patience to organize and present a long train of quasi-related historical fragments, together with their modern numbering system.

are you fucking kidding me?

People dying of laughter watching a donkey eating a fig. Assholes talking politics.

muh love muh strife

I read that after reading Aristotle and felt like I learned nothing, since the majority of the book is quotes from Aristotle and the autistic authors own interpretation, which takes precedence to the actual fragments. The rest is some decent history in the philosophers which you could have learned from Wikipedia. "Starting with the Pre-Socratics" is literally a meme from this shit board. You can learn everything from context in Aristotle's and Plato's works

You don't have to pay attention to any of the charts to see this posted, user. It's discussed quite often.

Wow rude, I'm genuinely trying to be helpful. It was published in 2009, nearly ten years ago, user. That's not just a few years ago. Plus, it is frequently discussed on Veeky Forums too.

To Anaximander's credit, he basically foresaw the discovery of evolution by answering the chicken & egg question with 'fish first'. No doubt this was always his intention.