Libraries

What is Veeky Forums's thoughts on libraries? Do you use them often or do you want to own books, to read them? Do you just use them for academics? (Side query: do you ever lend or borrow books?)

Love libraries. My mom is a librarian and I've grown up in them my entire life. They do so much more than circulating books like cultural events, classes, and summer reading clubs. I'm thinking about getting a MLA when I'm done with my undergrad.

>They do so much more
I guess that's why my local library is so fucking loud.

I enjoy stealing from them

If I lend someone a book, I assume I am not getting it back.

Haven't really gone there since I got an e-reader. I touched dirty dusty books that strangers fingered out of necessity, not out of preference.

Or that they're gonna beat the fuck out of it like the retarded savages they are

I work at one, it's great

I just went to the new Austin Public Library the other day and it's fucking beautiful, a little difficult to navigate, but it's full of great stuff (except they didn't have Dune, apparently the one copy they have is on hold for 16 different people somehow despite being a fucking old book). I'll miss the old one though, went there since I was a kid.

I use them to charge my laptop

I love libraries

I have a local library never used Is it easy to steal books ?

Like check out 3 , go back and sit down .. grab a few more .. sit back down and then stack them together and leave ?

Give me tips user

I have been able to occasionally borrow a book I wanted from my local library. Most of the time they don't have it and I can either go to a fucked up town next to me to get it or wait for them to receive it from said library which takes about forever since last time I tried that was 4 months ago and I'm still to hear any news on it.
Other than that my town has two libraries, the old one and the new one. The old one waas pretty huge but had little room to study so they made the new one which was smaller but had way more room to study. As a result now the library is full of people studying and working on projects so unless you hurry the fuck up there will be no space for you and as I previously stated they don't have a lot of books besides my country's classics and a lot of genre fiction. I can't get my hands on anyhting in english or postmodern.

Besides all of that I'd love to work on a library, specially the new one since there is a mature good looking woman working there. BBW but no fat, just big, amazonian like big, big tits, big ass, big hips, round face, curly black hair.

My library has a detector. It even beeps with certain uni books. The only way to steal a book there is by getting it out on the terrace and passing them down to an outside friend

That sounds way to complicated just to get a few "free" books

I hope you're 13 and not like 28

Libraries are great as long as they don't have some dumb limit as to how many items you can check out.

Idk what I'd even do with myself if I didn't live next to a library.

jesus fucking christ you can CHECK BOOKS OUT FOR FREE. Why the hell are you stealing from a library?

Know that feel, bro.

There's lots of other stuff besides books. I go and bring my laptop and load a shit ton of CDs into my iTunes. Totally legal (at least here).

I don't think I've touched a CD in ten years.

Which strange country do you live where ripping cds is a good way of getting music?

I don’t want my taxes going to them at all.

There are much worse things your taxes could be going towards, and are

love em too. browse various newspapers and magazine's. Academics and sometimes borrow interesting books, even though i mostly just find time to read a few chapters, often older books :(