>>10579337

I don't care what Jordan Peterson thinks because the only way forward is within your duty, and I don't have a duty to watch Jordan Peterson.

His world view is just masculine Western spirituality. So ye basically you are correct

This is Vedic Aryan wisdom, this is the Dharma OP i would listen to this wise user of noble birth

I've noticed that stoicism is essentially very masculine, and that feminism adn post modernism are inherently feminine.

Not really, Stoicism is a cuck philosophy at its core. Its not feminine sure but its not masculine either

>do your duty
>life is suffering
>don't complain
>don't fear death
>you're never a victim

At it's core, it sounds like a "toughen up" mindset.

Sounds like kermit the pseud is for impotent bitchboys

>just eat the shit on your plate and carry on as society expects you to

Literally the definition of a cuck

No the definition of a cuck is a man who allows another man to fuck his wife.

And what's the alternative? Being a whiny bitch?

Jordan Peterson comes across as a man not willing to die for Christ. And, therefore, I have no use for him.

Yeah like Captain Ahab or King Lear or Hamlet. Actual masculine figures who don't just take what life gives them lying down like cucks

>Yeah like Captain Ahab or King Lear or Hamlet.

And what'd that get them? Ahab went on a pointless quest that got him killed, Hamlet was extremely indecisive and whiny, and Lear moped around before dying.

Marcus Aurelius' wife was openly known to cheap on him. Look it up.

At least they did shit worth writing about.
Better than being some cuck that just did what was expected of him like a work ass then died.

Fascinating and irrelevant

I'm saying that Marcus Aurelius' philosophy caused him to become a cuck, or at least enabled his cuckoldry to go on unchecked.

This, its all there in the philosophy. You're not allowed to get mad or hurt and have to carry on your "duty" of being a husband.
Its no wonder redditors and soyboys love stoicism so much. No balls, no critical thought

>Everything I like is stoicism
>Everything I dislike is epicureanism

That is not what he said

It literally is

>At least they did shit worth writing about.
They're fictional characters you tard.

>>you're never a victim
You're always a victim, and so is everybody else. Newfound equality in this knowledge takes your special status away.

Irrelevant, I could have just as easily said someone like Hitler, Joyce or Mozart

That's just a rumour that people came up with to explain how a man like Marcus could produce a son like Commodus. Basically, that Commodus was actually another man's son.

>do your duty
That's not "toughen up", but obeying your government, social expectations, the will of your father or whatever other authority there is in your life. Basically you're a pussy.

Of course it was a "rumor" you're not allowed to publish a scandal like that about the Emperor but it was a generally known fact.

Regardless he failed as a father. I've seen this on lit before by the way, and the best excuse was Marcus Aurelius had little time on his hands.

>Now, can there be a doubt that Thucydides, whose children were taught things for which he had to spend money, would have taught them to be good men, which would have cost him nothing, if virtue could have been taught? Will you reply that he was a mean man, and had not many friends among the Athenians and allies? Nay, but he was of a great family, and a man of influence at Athens and in all Hellas, and, if virtue could have been taught, he would have found out some Athenian or foreigner who would have made good men of his sons, if he could not himself spare the time from cares of state. Once more, I suspect, friend Anytus, that virtue is not a thing which can be taught?

Cassius Dio published it
One of my professors, who has a personal obsession with Marcus, reckons that Commodus had some form of mental illness, which prevented him from behaving in a normal way.

>reckons that Commodus had some form of mental illness, which prevented him from behaving in a normal way.

Obviously something wrong with him. I guessed he was autistic. Imagine an autistic manchild given supreme power? Suddenly he's playing out some super hero or anime fantasy, dressing up like his favorite hero. It'd be the same thing.

>She was believed to have had innumerable lovers from all levels of society. The historian Sextus Aurelius Victor wrote that she shamelessly cruised for sexual partners among the sailors who worked naked on the beaches of Campania in Italy! Senators as well as gladiators and pantomime actors were said to have been seduced by the Empress. It was believed by many that Commodus, who fought publicly as a gladiator when emperor, was fathered by a gladiator rather than by the dignified Marcus Aurelius. Faustina was rumored to have had an affair with her son-in-law, Lucius Verus, and to have been guilty of his murder.

What the fuck is a "normal way" to act for a Emperor with a Godlike status?
Its simply projecting his own middle class sensibilities that he should think its not normal for him to fuck or kill whoever the hell he wanted.

BASED

>postmodernism
define please

Easy. Things I don't like are postmodern and feminine.

To be a cuckold means to raise the son of another man without your knowledge. Stop fucking up the literature board with your meme language, philistine.

post-modernism is feminine and so is being feminized soy creature. this doesn’t say anything about the validity or truth or morality of those things either but they are demonstrably feminine

>wife/daughter/mother/sister gets raped
>what happened happened, can't change it
>wont be bothered by things I cannot control
>wont do anything, wont be angry
>get's cucked
>same reasoning, won't get angry, wont do anything

>aryan

isn't that that thing Hitler was all about?

I think this was the image you were looking for, user.
Aryan refers to Indo-Iranian things, be it language, religion, culture etc.

love Peterson but hey, that all have been written like 2000 years ago. Aristotle and the Stoics did that, better read'em first

Gotta appreciate how this old fuck capitalized on Drumpf craze and the rise of socially insecure alt-children to sell his merch and improve his youtube channel by dumping recycled life-reaffirming platitudes. It's beautiful.

bump

It may be something interesting.

>Writing a book condeming post modernism
>In the current year

When will the 90's leave

Aristotle believed happiness is the ultimate goal of human action. Not really what Jung/Peterson are on about.

Better off going to the source desu, that being Nietzsche, the Bible, and indeed the stoics, amongst others

Does Peterson cite his sources? He seems to just present his ideas as if he just made them up.

>stoicism = being a cuck

do yourself a favor and read some Hegel

arguments should stand up by themselves without appealing to authority

That's actually a very anti-American mindset. Thinking of it in terms of what Tocqueville and Lawrence saw in America.

Citing your sources is not appealing to authority, brainlet.

Shut up cuck

there's no point in citing sources unless he's talking about scientific experiments. If an argument is good, then it's good without namedropping Nietzsche, Aristotle or Jung.

>making statements without hiding behind canon figures for intellectual protection
pffffffhahahahahahahahahaa brainlet /pol/tard

Arguments don't exist in isolation, they're all interconnected and some require clear lines of reason to be justified. Citing the philosophic roots of your logic is important for tracing what your overall system entails

you're either a coward or a sophist looking to take parts of established thought that you think you can logically dismantle and forge connections from them to the thought presented by your contemporaries. Either way you're too retarded for this, find a new hobby.

>I'm an autodidact

Ah, say no more

If you're paraphrasing other writers, you should admit that. Otherwize it looks like you're a genius who's come up with everything.

>wont do anything, wont be angry
Why not?Afaik it only argues against being angry AND doing nothing.

>That's actually a very anti-American mindset. Thinking of it in terms of what Tocqueville and Lawrence saw in America.

Stoicism is relatively a-political. They stress that people are social beings. Cicero said that part of your soul is owned by you, part of it by your friends, part by your family, and part by society. That ties into a nice duty, patriotism, and civic nationalism. It's completely compatible with American ideology.

autodidacts are the master race just not stupid ones

if you're just figuring this out now then your IQ is room temperature

>Name-dropping
Nigger, the point of "namedropping" isn't to show off. The point is referencing one author's argument without having to repeat again the argument. For example: if I say "Einstein's theory shows that X is Y" I'm citing Einstein's findings without having to repeat Einstein's entire research word for word. Another example since you're probably thinking of saying something stupid like "but uuuuumh that's science not philosophy": i could say "Aristotle's metaphysics posits the need for a prime mover thus [...]". Understand?

You fucking brainlets need to stop saying "but muuuh argument from authority" everytime there's something you don't understand or whenever you hear someone more qualified than you talk.
kys

That's a gross overstatement.
Its about focussing on content you can control, and not being swept away by emotions you cannot control.
> Its about personal responsibilities and individual freedom, two greatly important concepts.

You are your emotions idiot, by definition they can not "control you". Literally the only thing that controls emotions are spooks and outside forces hence why its cuckcore to subordinate yourself to them

>It's completely compatible with American ideology.

Except the part about being a cuck

>Stoicism is a cuck philosophy at its core

What exactly do you base this off of?

>It's another retards on Veeky Forums don't understand what Stoicism is thread

The whole thing is organized around doing what you're told and not getting mad when people treat you like shit

t. epicurean

>doing what you're told
user are you retarded
Have you actually read Epictetus? Part of the core of the philosophy is dissociating yourself from the negative (and positive) reactions people have when you DON'T do the things they want or expect of you (or when you do).
It's an all-or-nothing game.

Stoicism does cuck to an unverified metaphysical authority that isn't even all that well contrived in the context of the philosophy itself, but there are worse things to cuck to than determinism.

>comes across
>cross
>using the letters c r o s s, that form the word for the instrument used for our Holy Saviour Jesus Christ who has died for our sins
you don't seem like a guy who would die for christ either