Has anyone ever complimented your writing?

Has anyone ever complimented your writing?

No, I don't write. But people have complimented my outfit

was it as cool as the one in the op pic?

Yes, usually along the lines of "YOU wrote this??"

I get the feeling people think im a dumbass because I'm slightly socially weird and I don't articulate myself well while speaking.

Your mum, m8

In ninth grade my biology teacher asked me if I had gotten an older student to do my paper for me. She didn't believe I'd actually written it since I was a pretty terrible student and she thought the paper was unusually well-written. I've always considered that a kind of compliment

Several of my teachers/TAs

Yes. An old teacher called my writing "cerebral and chilling", friend gushed when I wrote a storyboard and couldn't believe what I had wrote. Feels good man

Once got told "Oh my God you're so good at writing" by a girl I was arguing with texting. Thats all I needed to hear

>He didn't realize that she was making fun of his pretentious arguments

Nah she was an idiot. I miss her everyday

Do you remember what you said

"ayy bby i lik u so hard u prey 4 prandeesh to lik ur pooci while i fuk other bitch"

My English Professor told me that maybe the Humanities weren't for me.

kek what did you do?

yes plenty of times

a couple times, mostly my friends who were not writers themselves when I showed them
when I was in HS I submitted a poem and story to some youth art thing which I didn't even go to, apparently the guy who looked them over really wanted to talk to me though. He ended up just writing that my story sounded like I was trying to emulate Poe and I should find my own voice and write something more modern, which I did. He said my poem's meter was off and he didn't know there were any young people who wrote with strict meter/rhyme about gay shit like Greek gods.

Someone here always says they like my poetry.

She went to being mad at me immediately after. I can't even remember what it was about

yes, frequently. my rhetoric seems to be praiseworthy as well.

do you actually dress good or do people just compliment le peacoat and le quirky clothes?

Everyone I've met. I write raps too so I've gotten some cool praise from people I'd never expect.

My beta readers are pretty ravenous

He said that I wasn't prepared to put in the amount of research and dedication required to write high level humanities papers and I agreed and he told me that I might be better off studying something like computer science or psychology.

>research and dedication
>humanities papers

Oh man

I wrote some shitty lame story about blowing up a building for my year 12 final
My English teacher said it was very very good
My history teacher also told me I was very empathetic after I had written a report about gay bashing in the 50s and 60s, little did she know I only wrote about it because I let Veeky Forums choose my topic
Whatevs I'm an idiot because everyone else in my dumb shit hick school was mega retard

I'll bash you faggot

>this much resentment

for what reason

he's repressing his homosexual desires for you

All the time, but I think it's shit.

yea im pretty gud

A couple times, yes.

>The worst was a girlfriend who couldn't muster the intelligence required to scroll up in texts to read a comment she'd made. I screenshotted her text and politely told her to go fuck herself in the caption/title. I think I called her a tit when she messaged a week later.

>The best was meeting a panel at a comic convention, and one of them mentioned an old short story I wrote as an example of fanmail they loved. I wasn't as much their fan when we were at the convention, and I'd forgotten about the letter. It wasn't great by any means, but they were gracious with how they chose to complement it. Didn't feel the heart-swell of pride, or like I was amazing, it was more of a deep gratitude and the feeling I'd somehow reached someone that seemed impossible to reach before. Like we're both just human, and I can get "there" too.

My professor said my writing was great.
Might have just been because I was studying in Thailand and everyone else wrote like shit though