Veeky Forums jobs

Post effay jobs. Can be 4 year, 2 year, or no college required.

Film editor

Is architecture worth pursuing? I know the pay is alright but how easy is it and how often do you get jobs?

literally worst major possible.

oh shit i wanna be an architect
why is it bad
not him tho

This is the same guy, same question- why is it bad?

at least in germany you get paid almost nothing. and i guess its a typical internship job. meaning employers try to install a system where 40 % of work is done by free labour aka slaves aka interns.
But to be honest here many people wont get jobs in the next 5+ years because of a surplus of absolvents. i made a bachelor in geoscience and not only the work is boring as hell they just give you 10.50 dollar. thats just 1.50 above minimum wage in my country. SHIT SUCKS

I work as an architect. It's definitely worth it if you're passionate about it and ready to bust your ass for years until you get some kind of lead role in projects where you can actually use your creativity. Most architectural work is extremely dull, and it's common for people to get stuck doing mundane work for their whole working life. As i see it, the end goal for all architects should be to start your own practice, in order to avoid the hierarchy of the industry - or at least be on the top of it. I honestly wouldn't recommend architecture to people who aren't entrepreneurial.

Whatever pays the most, otherwise artsy shit.

I should say that i work in Sweden, and the situation with interns is very different here. Their pay is stipulated by the union, and it's actually quite good. Most architects in Sweden have a high salary and the job market is on fire right now. Like says, in other countries such as germany and most other countries, the situation is completely different. Even in Denmark i would get paid shit for doing the type of work i do here.

guess i paint myselve black and living the swedish lifestyle than.
inshallah

I work as a writer, it's not that bad. I get a lot of independence, my own office, and a $60k salary

over saturated market

when comparing ALL majors, architecture will leave you with the worst possibility of having a job after graduation, even worse than things like psychology or gender studies

Don't listen to some stranger on the internet, just look shit up. Like I'm sure you need a Master's like most jobs nowadays, if that's your passion do it.

med school rn
wanna be a psychiatrist or neurologist after
am i effay

psychiatrist aight

Travelling service technician. You get to travel all across the world and work on something new every day/week.

Music Performance

I work at a museum of photography.

>writer calling market for architects over saturated

Banker here.

Office clothes = not Veeky Forums

I know someone who quit their job as an architect to literally become a priest full time and they're very happy, and I belive making more money

jej

I work in TV development. I write a one page description of an idea, shoot a 3 minute video, sell it to network then someone else has to make it. Pretty good. It's a social game more than anything.

This has nothing to do with fashion

i'm considering doing the same

I wear whatever I want, drink for free and travel. Enjoy the office.

>tfw I look somali so I could probably pass for Swedish

Sweden, YES

colorist

Anything entrepreneurial that isn't inherently un/fa/.

freedom is Veeky Forums

therapist
model
someone in the fashion industry

data scientist, typically requires MS/PhD. pretty interesting and you get away from the pure nerd-dom that is software engineering

fuck me. i thought you meant what are the people of effayyyyys job. ignore.

Physician Assistant student here (not medical assistant). Not doing surgery, so I can dress however I feel doing rounds and the pay is excellent.

Flourist

Solid pay and stability but I would rather kill myself than be in a spot where full autonomy was not possible (not a dr). Sure you can be a "provider" but you will never have the same power as a doctor.

>thinks doctors still have a autonomy

still better than PA tho

Can you please tell me the details because this sounds like a dream job.

Mikael Colville-Andersen.

Owns Copenhagenize design co., gets paid to travel the world's cities and advise on cycling infrastructure.

Finance/Investments but only if youre in good shape and charismatic

Recently graduated as a mechanical engineer. Job is not effay at all, most engineers have no personality and awful taste / style. Considering quitting it in a year or so, as it is totally boring and uninteresting work in real life, pay is ok but I'm realising I'd rather be poor and happy than well off and miserable. Just need to find something that might interest me.

Get your body in shape and you'll look great in a basic shirt trousers and shoes "fit", especially considering most people in office wear are fat.

Interior designer
Entrepreneur (vinyl/cassette store, coffee shop, furnitures, bookshop, thrift store, motel, etc.)

Architecture can be more pretentious than fashion school. Get that license or you'll draw bathrooms forever.

being successful in writing is either up to your luck and/or patience

I would say that close to 35% of engineers are personality-less husks. Most are just shy and mildly socially retarded, but can be cool dudes if you talk to them one-on-one.

exception: software and computer engineers

I worked at a big time gov't lab for 2 years

Is corporate law Veeky Forums?

>effay job

who the fuck cares? An Veeky Forums job is anything that you are passionate about, earns you a good salary that allows to do whatever the fuck you want with your life, allows you to travel, have nice clothes, participate in whatever hobby you want, and allows you to be a your own boss i.e entrepreneur, not an assistant or wageslave cuck.

neckbeard job

source: studying film

I work in international survey research.

I deal with Afghans all day.

Can be Veeky Forums when traveling, especially with long layovers in Dubai like a lot of my colleagues have.

agreed

I'm an Electrical Engineer, the job itself isn't Veeky Forums by traditional means but its satisfying and makes me a lot of money that I use to buy nice clothes. Good enough

Freelance """journalist."""

Currently studying to go into the field (really the only thing I like and is good at despite it theoretically dying as a formal occupation) but take photos/write articles for the local paper on happenings around town. Need another form of income eventually, may just work retail to keep with the theme of Veeky Forums.

I'm a high school language teacher

good part: 16 year old girls keep complimenting whatever memeshit Veeky Forums trolls me into copping

bad part: everyone thinks I'm a student because I dress like a Veeky Forumsggot

hahaha
nice

Ethical Hacker / Developer

Construction all the way. Love work wear.

Home care

I get paid by a production company to come up with ideas for factual television and sell that idea to a network commissioner. The production is then handled by the production company. I made a few short films before I got a job and lucked out basically. The best part is 90% of my time is just sitting around in brainstorms and then travelling to shoot a "taster."

If you can edit, have a bit of editorial flair and willing to network anyone can do it. Like everything it's a huge game. Plus TV people are generally insane and pretty interesting.