theperfumedcourt.com/
surrendertochance.com/
perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Fragrance-Products-Beauty/b/ref=sv_beauty_sn_fo_4?ie=UTF8&node=11056591
basenotes.net/forums/6-Basenotes-Market-Place
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

Well... I guess this is the right time to ask

Is Le Labo a meme?

any frag over 3 usd / ml is a meme made to exploit the gullible fedora tipping "fragrance expert" crowd

that is a stupid statement. You probably didn't even sample those scents or you are cursed with bad taste.

just bought boss bottled and got some creed samples. did i do good?

about to order some samples for these 3 CdG fragrances, what's your guys' thoughts on them? Which one has the best sillage/longevity?

i am a moron

Is there an oriental incense that can even compare to Le Labo Gaiac 10?

Looking for a good winter date fragrance (20/Male)
Currently considering:
Bvlgari MiB
CH Men Prive
& Meharees L`Erbolario

Any opinions on which one to go for?

i heard ch mens good but never smelt it

Is there a cheaper alternative to Back to Black?

I love meharees, projection is pretty shit on me but if you're on a date I guess you'll lean in close so it doesn't matter. Didn't try the other ones tho.

>some creed samples
Can't really comment without knowing the frags, but the bottom line answer: "if you like them, you did good" still applies.

green irish tweed, aventus, silver mountain water, royal oud, and MI

is it autistic to wear cologne at home doing nothing just because you like smelling yourself?

Not really. You're alone, who cares?

No. Anyone who gets into a hobby just to impress other people is pathetic.

>ANY YEAR, ANY CENTURY, ANY MILLENNIUM.
>WEARING/USING PERFUME/COLOGNE.

I own MI
Ask me anything

Yipped a 90% full tester if neroli portofino, ama

>that nail
typical tom ford cuck

TF's marketing is pretty cancerous, and I think a lot of his frags are overrated, but there are still some gems.

fleur de chine and black orchid are both excellent frags imo

You got ok fragrences but cdg makes much nicer ones

Does it last longer than 2 hours?

First time posting in this general.

What's the price of these things?

Is there a specific perfume that you like to use the most and how much do you pay for it?

You can't go wrong with any of those. While I do think Aventus is overhyped, I do like and even love every single one.

Who gives a fuck? I do it on the reg. If it's not for testing purposes, it's for frags I feel like smelling in the moment, or for those frags I love but can never find an occasion to wear them out.

What's a cheaper version of Godolphin??

It's the only scent I've ever been willing to buy and ran out :/

>First time posting in this general.
Welcome
>What's the price of these things?
>amazon.com/Fragrance-Products-Beauty/b/ref=sv_beauty_sn_fo_4?ie=UTF8&node=11056591
>Is there a specific perfume that you like to use the most and how much do you pay for it?
Picture related

Okay, this is an expensive hobby.

Anybody use V&R Spice Bomb?

Looking for a cozy fall/winter scent -- don't see it mentioned in the infographic.

It certainly can be, but consider that bottle contains approximately 300 applications of fragrance. If you are happy wearing the same frag all year, you're pretty much set. There are plenty of great frags to be had at a lower price point too.

Spicebomb is really good, less boring than man in black. However pure malt is my fav for fall and winter especially winter.

it's a 1 million-style "arab teenager at a nightclub" scent, nothing cozy about it

Whats the general consensus on Penhaligon's stuff? Got a sample of Endymion and Halifa, but saw someone posting about Sartorial being good last thread. I like Endymion but h=/halifa is more arab and overpowering.

I'm Hispanic, if I go a few days without a shower I develope a sweet pungent taint like odor. What's a good mellow everyday casual cologne to combat my foul stentch?
>inb4 take a fucking shower dirty spic

perfume is surely more expensive that showering... take a fucking shower

thierry mugler - mugler cologne. it smells clean, fresh, somewhat like soap (in a good way)

I'll check it out. Thanks user

First time really posting here, just wondering since I've been trying to buy all my stuff second hand. Is there a marketplace where I can buy fragrances off of individuals rather than on say like Amazon? I'm basically looking for Grailed for fragrances.

>trying to buy all my stuff second hand
Respect. I have a nice collection of vintage and discontinued frags myself. Other than eBay, there is basenotes.net/forums/6-Basenotes-Market-Place

thanks user
yeah i love buying used - spent ~$800 on stuff for myself for christmas and got atleast 40% off of retail on everything

R8 my first three frags so far
Also have DnG the one EDP

tell me about salt water taffy plz. I want something like every storm a serenade

Is UOMO any good or is jeremyfragrance just being a shill

SF uomo? Seems like pretty much everybody in the community likes it a lot
Same with Valentino uomo I

What I currently use whenever I have a cutie come over. They all say I smell good. It gets the job done.

About 4 to 6 hours, but you'll get whiffs of it after that time too. MI can either smell like trash or smell great depending on your skin comp, please sample before buying.
I kinda wanted the same thing. Salt Water Taffy by Demeter is a 1 dimensional boozey sweet smell, with a weird chemically metal aftertinge. Unfortunately it doesn't get much use from me nowadays, but it combines well with other colognes. If you can dull some of the sweetness it smells much less girly.

How do I get into Middle Eastern fragrances? Where should I buy them?

Sorry, meant Moschino UOMO

of those 3, OG 2 is my favorite, and my overall favorite from CdG. MAN probably has the best performance but I love the smell of 2 too much.

Looking for something like Midnight in Paris (which I already own) but with more oomph, and perhaps a bit more mystery. Male, price isn't an issue.

Bois dargent

great frags, dont listen to anyone who is gonna hate. you own a solid starter collection, females will take notice, the downside is, you are going to smell like a lot of other people.

buy a amouage or serge lutens sample pack

does it smell like a mall ninja

can you try and describe what 2 smells like? The note pyramid and the description seems to put a lot of emphasis on the smell of Ink but I can't imagine what that smells like in a fragrance
like if you asked me what ink smelled like I wouldn't say it smelled particularly good, if you know what I mean

Bondfag / Rasasi hoarder reporting in with a new collection pic. AMA I guess.

The only Rasasis I recommend without reservation are La Yuqawam, Tobacco Blaze, and Al Wisam Day. The rest are mildly disappointing, particularly Entebaa (indistinct mess) and the Rumz series (thin and cheap formulas). Faqat lil Rijal literally smells like manure and Daarej is just vaguely sweet vanilla-wood with little to give it real personality.

I have a secondhand bottle of La Yuquawam Ambergris Showers in the mail, and I make Rumz al Rasasi Zebra work by layering it on top of La Yuquawam for a ghetto Tuscaventus. Maybe I'll find a way to enjoy the others, but they're likely to end up on ebay or given away.

Smelling 2 for you from a 9ml mini bottle dabbed on skin:

Primarily an airy, sweet floral fragrance with light spicy undercurrents. Cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, check. I definitely get the bay leaf and incense as well, but everything is nicely blended together and nothing dominates. To me the inkiness comes across as a kind of dark background for all of the other notes to play against, adding weight to the composition. It's more of a presence than something you can focus on. To imagine what ink note smells like, think of slowly sniffing a newspaper.

Got V&R Spicebomb and Guerlain L’Homme Ideal EDP couple of days ago.

Got a fuckload of compliments for Spicebomb.

coppped

if I liked YSL L'Homme a lot, which Le Labo should I get? I tried going to stores near me to test but they don't carry it.

thank you for that great description, better than what all the reviews on fragrantica tell me
>the inkiness comes across as a kind of dark background
this is what I was hoping it would be like. i guess I'll wait for my testers to come in, but at the moment 2 is looking pretty strong. Would you reccomend it as a good every day type fragrance?

I'm gonna cop Bvlgari man in black

used my sample up, love the dry down

Would you recommend Prive?

yes

w2c samples of CdG parfums () within the EU? luckyscent has all 3 but might have import charges since they're based in the US, and the perfumed court has all 3 but has dumb shipping prices. the others in the OP don't have all 3. i'm fine with running the chance of import costs but I was wondering if there are any more sample stores based in the EU that have these 3

Maybe, I haven't had a chance to properly test it but I'll tell you a bit about it
It's classy 100%. Definitely winter fragrance, can work in the fall too. Opens with a sweet grapefruit note which only lasts for 15-30 mins or so on my skin before it settles down to a spicy leather scent that sits somewhat close to the skin. Not a 'look at me' fragrance but it's classy, seductive and gonna be appreciated by people when they get close to you. It's more mature than most hyped fragrances are. It's really masculine, and it's not really a scent for somebody who gives off that metro sexual vibe IMO. At its heart it's a leather jacket sexy alluring masculine scent

not who you are asking but i think CDG2 is a great year round scent, but only for the daytime. it has a type of brightness that doesn't compliment the nighttime.

>wearing fragrances based on time of day

now this is autism

Thanks for the review man, hoping to find a place I can sample at. sounds good from your description.

Check out Perfumeria Lulua
I'm in the UK and got several CDG samples from them without a problem

jheeze das a lot of fragrances nigga
what is (currently) your favorite and least favorite fragrance in your collection?

I've sampled their line and was left feeling very uninspired. Old school frags with terrible longevity and projection. The majority of them smell like how you'd imagine 1900 to smell

Yeah I'd say sample before buying this one, it can be 'meh' for some people's noses

>wearing fragrances based on time of day
>now this is autism
Fragrance is a particularly autistic hobby. Just look at any Aventus discussion thread on Basenotes.

Pic related is my top wears since I started tracking last Fall. Lots of Bond, Mancera, and Creed in my rotation. I like stuff that can still be smelled on clothes after they've been through the laundry, which is why I've been wearing lots of Ouds this Winter.

Stuff I dislike - some of the cheaper Rasasis, old CK frags I bought before I knew better and based on nostalgia. Basically anything weak or reformulated. I buy blind most of the time, and my only big disappointments have been Prada Infusion de Vetiver, modern (reformulated) Fahrenheit, and some bad Aventus clones. Everything else I either enjoyed out of the box or came to appreciate as my nose became acclimated to new notes.

nice, now you smell very good. Is it worth the money?

I love this so much

idk about full price, I have a relative who works at Saks so I get a discount

but pretty worth, I get compliments like 3/4 of the time I wear aventus out (been wearing it for like 3 years now)

MI just makes me feel happy so thats worth too. Smell brings a lot of good memories

what kind of discount?
>tfw thinking about touching the Saks girl anyway

idk lol... she buys them for me periodically as presents for birthday/christmas, so Id imagine its pretty large or shes just balling

Im sure you can google what discount saks employees get

kek btw

Thoughts on the Edp of Bleu De Chanel?

Thoughts on RL Safari ? am i too normie

hey y'all looking for a new high end fragrance since I've been living a fairly boring life of La Nuit and D&G soapy citrus junk.

I'm mainly looking for a winter, everyday scent but that just means I'll wear it on all occasions.

Notes I like are Vanilla, tobacco, woods, "powdery", a light sweetness, and lavender. Male.

I've enjoyed YSL's la nuit, Le Labo's the noir except for the sweetness being a bit much at times.

Any ideas, friends?

damn, thanks for this, this website should be in the OP. i've already ordered from luckyscent but ordering from Perfumeria Lulua would be cheaper, less shipping time, not run the chance of import charges and the samples are slightly bigger. i've just emailed luckyscent about cancelling my order, hopefully i can

>tobacco sweetness
dng the one edp

is the EDP similar to the EDT? if so i wouldnt recommend, the scent is amazing, one of my favorites in fact. an addicting, sweet blend of vanilla and tobacco, but performance is trash, sits close the skin and genuinely just fades away after 1-2 hours. not an everyday scent, more like a date night scent. then again the EDP is probably better since parfums are usually much stronger than toilettes

the performance on the EDP is decent. scent is almost identical, slightly richer. I get 2-3 hours of projection and 6 hours or so longevity

is there anything almost identical to D&G The One but without the abysmal performance? i have it and it's genuinely one of my favorite scents (as i described in ), but i can't even wear it as it disappears before I even get to school. i could keep it in my bag and reapply throughout the day but i'd have the reapply it like 4-5 times a day, with like 3-5 sprays each time. seems like a good way to empty the bottle in no time at all

this

who are you guys fucking kidding

>any year, any century, and millennium
>going around smelling like body odour or antiperspirant
im good thanks

I wanna try a bond fragance, which one would you recommend? I like oriental spicy for the night frgances, 29yo male
most worn fragance is pure malt

>oriental spicy
>pure malt
New York Amber would definitely please you. Try to sniff Bond Signature Perfume as well if you like sweet stuff (tonka bean especially).

I always recommend people try Bleecker Street because it is the scent that got me into Bond to begin with. Mossy blueberry with green and gourmand notes. Novel and surprisingly complex.

For daytime wear my safest Bond recommendations are Scent of Peace fH (juniper-pineapple-cedar bomb) and Chez Bond (easy-wearing, sportier cousin of GIT).

My personal favorites right now are New York Patchouli (complex, retro style musk bomb) and New York Oud (a rainy day rose-plum-patchouli oud).

Sniff them at Saks or Harrod's or cop samples.

Same, i bought another bottle of that a month or so ago since it smells so nice.. you're not gonna get much love for it here though, anything that actually smells good to 9/10 people and gets bitches wet is looked down upon here. Pic related is another example, I get compliments literally every time I've worn it but according to Veeky Forums it's "synthetic woody amber swill"

By the way, take note of the types of people who are making these judgements, for example a 130lbs virgin I know I'm assuming, but it's safe to say if asked he will hate on Invictus or FFL.

Not him but fuck dude, you need to get off your high horse. People have different tastes in frags, so what? For most people invuctus and fuel for life are just too sweet and synthetic, they still appreciate them for what they are though just dont like them.
Also, everyone's tastes change depending on their age and how far into this hobby they are. For example, when I started out, I couldn't stand bdc, dior homme and dior homme intense, but now I absolutely adore them. As time went by, I tended to move away from sweet and synthetic smelling frags and into less sweet and more natural smelling. That's not to say I dont still enjoy a sweet or synthetic frag such as invictus, ive just become accustom to nicer frags

eau duelle

>justifying a mediocre fragrance this hard
>"types of people who are making these
judgements"
>judging people who actually care about smelling good and buy Creed
wow this post made me lol. I can't care shit about invictus who do you even think you are

Picked up a sample of this, and I'm really fascinated with the way it reacts to heat. I put it on and couldn't smell it for a while, but once a threw a coat on and walked outside for a while, it came to life. Really pleasant scent too. Not sure if it's $135 good though.

On the other hand, I gave Escentric 01 a try too, and couldn't stand it. Smelled like IKEA wood.

Most fragrances react the way you described to body heat and clothing layers.

Search for generic Molecule 01 / Iso E Super on ebay and save yourself a lot of money.

Guise, please stop using cologne. It's not just tacky and overbearing. It's an assault on senses.

Instead, take a fucking shower and apply a scentless deodorant, you niggers.

Wearing cologne doesn't make you sophisticated. Wearing cologne makes you either a garish third world monkey or a clueless hipster.

And industry shills, you have to go back.