What are your thoughts on elbow patches?

What are your thoughts on elbow patches?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-LcnkkGAiU8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i think they're cute and there's probably going to be a lot of them as a trend

youtube.com/watch?v=-LcnkkGAiU8

Not a fan.

I'm a fan.

Mostly shit, but very good if quality and practićal.

Makes a helluva lot of sense if the jacket or shirt is valuable. The elbows wear out long before any other part of it.

They're bullshit if the shirt or suit is brand new.

It's best to wear through at least one elbow so you know where to center the patches.

I don't like them, but nothing wrong in having them in informal outfits

This: Elbow patches are fine for repairing your sportcoat if you fucked it up through intense wear. And if you do put them on, they should go on both elbows or it'll look shit. But if you get a coat that's new off the rack with patches already put on, it's time for you to gas yourself.

killer

junya has done cool stuff with them

Imo they look best if they're either similar in color to the rest of the jacket (like solid black patches on marled black) or a little more out there like .
OP pic just looks tryhard and 4trendy8me

What's wrong with preemptive measurements?

This. If i recall correctly, elbow patches are used to support your elbow when you're hunting.

>If i recall correctly, elbow patches are used to support your elbow when you're hunting.
No, they're literally made to patch up the sleeves of academics who wear the elbows out first sitting at desks and can't afford to just buy a new suit when that happens, and you reveal your pleb origins when you don't even know this. Elbow patches are literally faking poverty and that's gauche as fuck unless you're the earl of somewhere and everybody knows you're not doing it out of simpleton ignorance.

faking poverty is effay

>and you reveal your pleb origins when you don't even know this
Oh boy

they're so 2011