Heritage

Do you honour your cultural heritage, Veeky Forums? Or do you ignore the centuries of national dress traditions that should shape your aesthetic and just succumb to the cancer of mininalism that has swept the globe in the last 30 years?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ATR6FAvwDTo
youtube.com/watch?v=QvDBsTQ4pvA
youtube.com/watch?v=Xcrr3PawJY0
monologuedb.com/dramatic-male-monologues/the-departed-frank-costello/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have a smock like that in auscam.

Yes, so I only wear trachtenmode, because I am 100% germanic huwhite.

>drinking coors light
America! America!
suck it jewurope fags

I find it a little drab. The textures and shapes are interesting but I like wearing colors.

being a fourth-generation american i don't really have any cultural heritage to draw from

however, a world that's losing many of its traditions allows for significant experimentation in the realm of personal expression. the problem is most people aren't very imaginative

heritage is lame. ur ancestors would abort you if they met you

soulless commie detected

As a Germanic-American, I honor my cultural heritage by wearing full Adidas every Sunday. Generally a tracksuit top and bottom, Der Kai5er t-shirt and whatever adidas kicks I'm feeling. If I have a fancy occasion to attend I wear some Margiela GATs.

is there any clothing specific to turkish people
>inb4 cockroach and t*rk memes start rolling in

I don't care at all, i just wanna live fun, exciting, and happy. Tradition doesn't provide me that.

I'm seriously considering picking up something similar to pic related to turn it into a symbol of pride, but ofc I'd never wear it around the older guys in my family

Also
>I like wearing colors
What a contrarian on this board

Not really national dress but I have my grandfather's cowboy boots he wore for most of his adult life.

Dirty fucking judenrat

I'm related to Lizzie Borden and I'm a goth, if that counts? I also feel like punk would be appropriate as well, since I'm a daughter of the American revolution and descended from an actual pirate and a fuckload of people who tried to forcibly push the English out of Ireland and got mutilated and killed for their trouble.

The Irish are white niggers. The only thing appropriate for you to wear is an empty potato sack and six feet of rope.

how do you feel when you see non-white (but still hot girls) in trachten

>lame
Oh no, who would want to be called lame!

You talk like an ad.

As I'm not autistic no I do not

That seems a bit harsh toward autistic people
meanie

The only germans that still wear Trachten are the people from Bavaria and german low tier celebrities at the Oktoberfest. I appreciate hot girls in Trachten, but Trachten themselves are just a bad meme.

My pants get tighter

Not a minimalist, but also not a slave to identity.

You'll excuse me for not wanting to faint from heat exhaustion every day of my life. And don't you think this would get in the way just a tad?

source

where to cop

>a slave to identity
Then whose slave are you?

>however, a world that's losing many of its traditions allows for significant experimentation in the realm of personal expression.
The problem is that personal experimentation had to be derived from something. Any art of just a reassembly and reinterpretation of older art. It needs a history and tradition or you end up with the worst of American culture. Completely uprooted and meaningless.
What you're referring to is probably liberalism, so everyone is allowed to deviate from the norm and an exchange of ideas is possible to enrich the reassembly if cultural products but that's unrelated to having traditions.

Of course, I personally enjoy dressing in 10000 layers of clothing until I look like a massive fucking faggot. Not like I have better things to do with my 24h every day.

Fuck off back to /pol/.

OP here, I am not from /pol/ and I don't like it.

Asians get a pass due to arbitrary reasons, everything else makes me want to shoot up a school.

I wear Lederhosen and Bundeswehr boots.
Currently looking for a hat with a huge feather.
What else should I wear to look traditionally European?

do you wear the boots with the lederhosen?
Haferl-schuh are there for a reason.
Also gamsbart-hats are way cooler as long as you´re going with a subtle one. Also shows you have money.

Wow, that actually looks really appealing. Good job, matisyahu.

Oh boy! Any one got an ID on those gloves?

Hestra Örnberg I think

How does one even dress "french"?

gay

Ima potencijal.

Nice suggestion, great glove maker, can't find anything on their site that looks right. Love their Thor glove though.
Stripes, beret, string of garlic round your neck, cigarette.

That's for you to decide, you have a lot of history to draw from. A moustache seems mandatory. And a baguette.

But I don't have money.

Lmao it's Tripskank or Tripsk. You know the trip? Google her and her nudes. All online

I hail from a small German village in the Alps and I like to wear classic 1940s and 50s mountaineering fashion.

>traditionally European
Not trying to be anti-European here or deny the shared history but you might as well ask for traditional human clothing. Even as an American you can't possibly be that mixed and uprooted?

European as in not-American
which is how most Europeans dress these days
like Americans

So you don't want to honour you cultural heritage but look like a modern European?

So you romanticize the era while completely whitewashing the ww2 air raids and subsequent takeover by the us army

I am a modern European.
I don not want to look like a modern European because modern Europeans look like Americans.
I want to construct an alternative modernity hailing from my cultural heritage.

That doesn't really have much to do with the general population and their style of dress, does it?

yes. as a russian, in fact I am wearing my ushanka right now

Post examples

yes, i drink heavily and wear a tracksuit all day.

Canadian born mutt. Considering I like heavy plaid flannels and denim, I'm probably repping my country well enough.

burqa and pointy slippers

Kek
sure you do user sure you do

incorrect, aristocrats still wear trachten. loden trachtenjanker is the german tweed jacket.

youtube.com/watch?v=ATR6FAvwDTo

and the identitaire bewegung kids.

youtube.com/watch?v=QvDBsTQ4pvA

youtube.com/watch?v=Xcrr3PawJY0

Then don't ask for European clothing, ask for Swedish, German, Italian, whatever your nationality or source of inspiration is.

He did.

You better not be saying that if Irish monks are the ones who saved your cultural heritage, or if you're into literature, poetry, etc.

Plus, the Irish had their fingers in pretty much every significant city development in the USA.

monologuedb.com/dramatic-male-monologues/the-departed-frank-costello/

>letting heritage dictate your persona
there's nothing more boring and uninspired

Kys sperg

lmao fucking mongrelized claiming to be European and shit

WE

:)

>b-but cultural appropriation is real and evil!

w2c gloves??

Seconding this petition. I need them for /out/ purposes. Pls?

I was 6' at 16 and now I'm 6' 5" at 18 so I guess I'm permanently honoring my Dutch herritage

I'm Polish, Dutch, and Irish. I buy clothes I like and then smoke cigarettes and drink in them so I guess I'm honoring the Irish too idk.

cool thread.

Hestra makes similar gloves. Those are probably just some no name leather glove though.

whelp this ended up being inspo after all

Trachten were a bad meme since the day they were invented. When the inventor walked through town with his leather shorts, he was ridiculed by the townspeople and banned from the church for being indecent. Then people started cosplaying as peasants (or what they imagined they would look like), usually inventing stuff that their ancestors had never worn.

People with actual taste (some aristocrats I guess) are wearing clothes that look like what was actually worn, or something with similar style. Janker can be both. Lederhosen are invariably "Tracht". People in the 19th century wore wool trousers.

Post some links or pics of what was actually worn please.
For science reasons, you know.

>tfw half chink half swiss

>scandi
Yes I wear knitted sweaters with classical patterns and knitted hats with yarn balls on them sometimes.

My waist is
>14
My length is
>88

Slenderman?

What the fuck do you look like

What should I wear if two of my relatives were hung at the Salem witch trials?

a nose

A moose.

kill yourself mongrel

That's pretty funny given that they were killed anyway, just not burnt.

Must be lulzy as fuck to be the devil and watch generations of the same family damn themselves practicing magic and praying to trees.

I'm an Arab, I dress in cool dresses.

that's pretty rad

anything stained with blood of armenians and kurds

I am apathetic to my cultural heritage. I'm not going to be sporting my national dress either as casual wear or for something formal or a special occasion because am not an autistic retard bicc faggot. Succ my nutt, OP. Am Lithuanian btw.

I really want to wear an Afghan Shawl.

I want to wear a fucking fez.
Look how fucking dapper.

I forgot to attach this.

Every Middle-Easterner should wear this.

Me and my bae.

What would I wear if I wanted to honor muh ancestors?

My ancestry is Irish, Scottish, Icelandic, Finnish and Russian.

Caliph?

Something with fur. A fur hat maybe. Or go with some SA-int winter boots "lapikkaat".

I'd like to get just one item of our traditional clothing. It's very expensive to buy the real deal and incredibly uncomfortable if you'd wear the whole thing. Also you'd look like a douche.

Dressing like a respectable, cultured white man would probably make your ancestors proud.
Cosplaying as your ancestors would make them roll their eyes. Don't be that guy.

I can't really say that I do

this guy knows what's up.

Cosplaying as your ancestors for anything other than a specific traditional event (like going to a civil war reenactment) is just weird.