9/10 in mirrors, 5/10 in photos

9/10 in mirrors, 5/10 in photos

Why the fuck does this happen?

Because in mirror you are looking at mirrored image. Photos capture you how look to others

You fucking idiot, how do you look IRL is more important than on photos.

mirrors present you in a mirrored way. When you look at yourself there it's a flipped image of you. Whereasa photo is of you but actually the correct orientation.
You're used to you in a mirror and not in photos. It's kind of the uncanny valley because it looks like you but in some weird way off.
Remember you're not 9/10 in mirrors and 5/10 in photos. You're probs a 6 and have an ego

Show pic

There are alot of factors
Lighting,lense width, the fact that you use 2 "lenses" when you're looking at yourself, the fact that photos are static images
Both are valid representations of you

because a shitty phone camera with a shitty lens and shitty quality will make everyone uglier

8/10 in controlled selfie pics, 7/10 in mirror, 0/10 in upclose back camera pics, 3/10 in far away back camera pics

lol

OUR THREE DIMENSIONAL WORLD IS ACTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO ACCURATELY DEPICT ON A FLAT SURFACE LIKE A SCREEN. SIMILARLY TO HOW NO FLAT MAP SHOWS THE TRUE SIZE AND/OR SHAPE OF THE PLANET'S CONTINENTS, ALL CAMERA IMAGES ARE DISTORTED TO A DEGREE

THIS IS ALSO WHY THE PROBLEM COULD POTENTIALLH BE SOLVED WITH VR HEADSETS, AS THEY USED CURVED SCREENS TO AVOID THIS DISTORTION

NOW WE CAN STOP HAVING THESE FUCKING THREADS

Fuck this goddamn retard theory. If you take a shitty picture and mirror it you don't suddenly look good, you cunt moron. Stop spreading this fucking horseshit around you thoughtless fool. You fucking berry picking chimp.

Oh also

THE CLOSEST YOU CAN GET TO NEGATING THE AFFECT WITH A REGULAR CAMERA IS USING A TELEPHOTO LENS, OR STANDING FAR AWAY FROM THE CAMERA LENS AND THEN ZOOMING IN. FROM FAR ENOUGH AWAY THIS WILL GET RID OF ANY NOTICEABLE DISTORTIONS

*EFFECT

SORRY

Of fucking course. Why not add some retarded fancy fisheye lens to your chart too.

Why are you getting mad at lens shapes?

But it is fish eye at 24 mm and less

6/10 in clothes
3/10 in the sheets

FULL RICK IN THE STREETS
FOREVER 21 IN THE SHEETS

same

>Take picture in 999mm
>most attractive being in the universe

> in 999mm
here you are

So If I reverse a photo id look 9/10?
Youre a moron.

hnnnngggg

Looking at yourself in the mirror is like when your mom looked at you. You are a handsome man, any flaws is a unique feature. How can this mug in the mirror be ugly, I grew up with this face man, man. Fucking look at that handsome devil

Everyone's talking about the lens, lighting etc., but, for me at least, there's also the issue of what expression to have in photos. I always just seem to spaz out facially when a camera gets pointed at me. Maybe, something to do with how you can control your facial expression far better in the mirror than in photos.

Anyone got any tips for that?

If you have a resting bitch face like me you could try taking pictures of yourself on the regular and practicing a photogenic look.

Tilt your chin upward slightly, smile, raise your eyebrows, etc

>i have no idea how eyes work

...no
First of all, your retinas are curved, and that alone prevents the distortion of the image.
Second, your brain is working at all times to hide any noticeable distortions from you

fucking idiot...

I have a creepy smile, so I don't take good pictures unless someone takes one by surprise while I have my 'casually depressed' standard look going
This makes online communication with opposite sex difficult

you ruined the joke you asshole

kys