Boot General

ALL BOOT RELATED FAGGOTRY BELONGS IN THE BOOT GENERAL

Got a new pair of Steels. How should I keep them in top condition as long as possible?

Clean and polish them once a week and be mindful of your feet.

>mindful of your feet
What is that supposed to mean? Does that mean taking care that I don't get funghi on my feet or stuff like that?

What products would I use to clean and polish them?

w2c please senpai

Yes. don't stepin puddles, don't jump around, don't walk through a wet field etc.

Use kiwi black polish, a rag and some spit to polish them

To clean you can use water and an old toothbrush, or get one of those sneaker cleaning kits from somewhere like Jason Markk

Do you have a pair of cedar shoe trees? Those help keep the shape (less important with steel toes) but they also get rid of your foot moisture between wearings. Less smells and break down of the leather.
Does anyone have the McRae desert boots? There supposed to be one of the better manufactures since Altama doesn't seem to be making them anymore.

has anyone else completely dropped sneakers from their wardrobe? I haven't worn a sneaker outside of my home in over a year and I'm considering just ditching them completely, with the exception of a pair for exercising

Opinions on adidas gsg9 classics?

I see. Thank you.

Joke question, is kicking people OK to do?

I have some high quality polish I got from my grandfather and I have a "toothbrush" brush for shoes.

No cedar shoe trees, I'll have to hack something (rice packets/moisture absorbers you put in your car). I'll also keep them in my room where it's warm rather than in my cold, wet anteroom.

Me! I have farmer's shoes and then there's the new Steels. I also have dress shoes, but fuck me if they haven't got a steel toe cap as well.

I dont wear anything other than boots

I wear some DM industrial steels every day for college and they're holding up brilliantly considering I've worn them all day every day since september.

get two brushes, one stiff(ish) plastic and one made of horse hair, once a week brush down with stiff one and apply polish with a soft cloth, I usually use cherry but I've recently got some kiwi which seems to be pretty good so far, leave it for ~5mins and then brush off using the horsehair brush. What I found out very quickly is that the toe on steels tends to scuff a lot so to avoid this looking like shit after a couple days, every night when I get in I brush the toe cap down with the horse hair brush and then give it a quick rub with a silicon shoe shine sponge which keeps them looking great.

>scuff a lot
Happened today. First day, had them for like 4 hours and a piece of leather chipped off on the steel toe. Will do the stuff you said tonight, thanks!

I'm completely new to boot care in general.

Is there a good guide available?
Like what are the best polishes you can use or do you even need to worry about what sort of polish to use if you just having a black boot?

If you're taking care of say Common Projects combat boots are they different from taking care of Saint Laurent boots?

Yeah I'd polish the toe cap a lot to get the leather to soften (sounds contradictory but it stops them 'chipping' I had it happen to me when I first got mine) getting a really good shine on them also helps reduce damage as things tend to slide rather than dig into the leather

Unfortunately the boot general doesn't have a pastebin or anything but here's the brief of it

There is no 'best polish' as different polishes are for different things, cream based polish is for restoring colour and wax based is for protecting the shoe, with coloured polish you really want to get as close a colour as possible unless you want to change the colour of your boots. Caring for all black boots is basically the same, its coloured leather where things get complicated, the more extensive the boot the closer to the exact colour you want and you should avoid using anything silicon or petroleum based on expensive boots
ama not answered here

Thank you very much!

I was looking through the different black cream polishes and I was worrying whether or not there's differences in quality between Doc Martens or Red Wing black polish.

w2c basic plain black combat boots like these anymore. i wore the soles off the ones ive been wearing for years and I can't find them anywhere

Ive tended to avoid polish by the actual shoe companies unless I want the exact colour, the best cream polish I've ever used is by a Spanish company called TRG - the one for wax based I use cherry blossom and kiwi parade gloss for that extra shine as well as a Clark's patent leather sponge to give them a mirror like finish like I said in the above post

They have pairs of em at Target for like $10.

someone know w2c this beauty?

Sorry, I'm yuropoor. No targets in sight.

W2c boots like this?

AR-15.

Need answers my guy

Just got two pairs for $26
:^)

they look like the cheap winter boots you can get at walmart

where?!!!

Swisslink but cheap to repair.

Try these vegan boots. They're great.

Sorry, I'm the noob with steels from the first comment, I have no idea. Neat boots, though! Some ranger pants would go nicely with that.

How do I size on these? one eu size down?

>Doc Martens or Red Wing black polish.
Ugh. Yikes.

How are Solovair's quality? Need this kind of boots, but Common Projects Winter Boots are sold out everywhere.

>there are people who don't do blue collar work wearing steel toed boots in this thread

Why do white collar cucks think that wearing boots will make them manly ?

bump

I am a dishwasher

You are seriously saying that you shouldnt jump, walk through puddles or wet fields in boots? Thats the whole point of boots, obviously taking care after is important, but how fun is wearing boots if you can't abuse them a bit?

Gravitypope might still have them. Alt just wait for fall/winter lines to come back with boots. There's plenty of nice boots that aren't cps out right now
Fucking this nothing but leddit le heritage meme shit in this thread or edgy shit.

What kind of trousers should I wear with boots? Do I have to tuck them in?

Just ordered them last night so when they come I can tell you the sizing if they are good. I'll post update when I get them.

depends on your height, the boots, what look you wanted etc etc

I'm 6'2''. I've never wore boots (apart for Chelsea boots and mountain boots) so I literally don't know where to start.

>what are the boots
Clunky boots need to be with slim trousers. The less loud the profile of the boot the more flexibility you have with the pant choice. Let it bunch up on top of the boot, dont force it to be over or cuff it unless you're going for heritage meme shit.
Spend a lot on your boots, good ones last a long time. Make sure they don't look ugly. 90% of fa seems to be in (or just has) highschooler taste.

When trying on boots, how tight shold they feel around my forefoot?

Should I be able to url my toes all the way?

Man, you gotta check out military surplus stores.

I suddenly feel like a bigger cunt than usual.

W2c these boots? Or something very similar

He wears timbs.

Didn't get a good reply in the last thread so reposting. Should I cop these SLP FW14 combat boots for $800?

Does anyone else have any alternatives with the same aesthetic? I like the slim toebox and narrow shaft and sole, I haven't seen anything that's quite similar based on very brief searches.

starting to think this is bait when people ask what boots he's wearing

walmart

Just got a nice pair of Danner combat boots at a thrift store for $25. Great condition although there's a little bit of dirt and I need to buy my own laces. Can't post pic because phone is being a piece of shit.

They look like the meme austrian paratrooper boots.
Know where I can get laces?

Never seen these timbs before

dishwasher (male)??????

cop, looks great.

>le heritage
>boots

what

Just picked these up from the thrift store

Cleaned up after some work

Just ordered a pair of these, anyone have any experience with them? Also what's the best way to break them in quickly?

Just look like CAT boots

Check yourself ssnpai. Warehouse worker here.

W2c boots like the Austrian ones, but waterproof and zip up? I feel like lacing them up every time I put them on would be a pain, but I love the clean look of them

Wear them 24/7
I'm not even kidding, some nights i would fall asleep with mine on. They will grow with you

Sounds good, guess i'll have to deal with smelly feet though

>Bogs

effay

quick rundown?

I've got a pair of docs and only occasionally use dubbin on it. Is that all I need to use?

How to stop this from happening? How can I keep then from turning sideways like that?

Jackboots, w2c and how to wear them without looking like a complete autismo?

If you have to ask you can't

Booting

what should i put in my boot care kit, and how use it? how often, too?

Do want.

I have this problem where I seem to have what's called an outstep where I walk on the outside of my foot more than the inside. When I noticed my work shoes were wearing out on the outer side of the sole I checked all my other shoes and sure enough they were they same. Been trying to correct it with the way I walk, like consciously putting more pressure on the inside, but shit is still happening, and all my shoes get ruined prematurely because of it due to the sole wearing out in a slant and getting unbalanced. Anyone know how to fix this? like with an insert or something? I don't feel like I walk weird but the proof is there on all my shoes and with how I've already tried to correct it not working I'm at a loss for what to do. :(

Try seeing a doctor. I'm sure they'd have advice on fixing your gait.

I love SLP, but I don't think $800 is that great of a price. Common Projects has something very similar but a little shorter, but they seem to sell out before any sales, at least last season.

how's the battle of donetsk going, ivan?

I fucking hate the lacing but those boots like really nice. Source?
Oh god total throwback feeling to working on a bee farm. One summer and any boot gets like that

Can I get an answer for this?

Are these boots good?

What're some boots similar to this? Help pls

How do I into cowboy boots?

Not great. I got a sore throat.
meindl airstreams, my favourite chainsaw boot. Dunno how Veeky Forums feels about chainsaw PPE but I think some of it looks pretty nice, especially after it's beat up a bit. These boots have lasted three years so far but are pretty close to being retired.

these look so dope

What are these?

W2c grip fast in the uk, sounds odd that I can't find mie boots in england I know

how about you give a link huh faggot.

Yeah $800 is a little pricey, but they are still in new unworn condition, which I guess is pretty good from an item from FW14. Not the biggest fan of the CPs, they just look a little odd to me.

i ordered a pair from there a while back and they were literally falling apart

post pics itt when you get yours

W2c pants??

They're pretty solid albeit a bit uncomfy without insoles and hard to break in.
The leg opening is larger than it looks in the photo

>W2c grip fast in the uk

No idea, they probably have a store somewhere in the UK but you'd probably be better off ordering them online.

Do you know where to cop?

they're both black, the color is just messed up.

I can't even find a website the sells them in the UK

need to get better laces and replace the insole

thanks tho ivan xo

Have you seen right one IRL?
I used to consider it too but IRL it looks a lot more like a sneaker than a boot - IMO def the Solovairs