Is Techwear dead?

Techwear never took off as much as I expected. Now it seems kind of dead even. Any opinions? I've been wearing tech stuff for like 3 years on and off and I feel it never evolved as much as it could have

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5D4oTwlB_5o
reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/42uae8/effort_long_techwear_a_postmortem/
youtube.com/watch?v=oNUKSTlkSuc
discord.gg/d5BPHyJ
discord.gg/4VVHB3C
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's not dead; I don't think it was ever that active.

But, people on here still make threads now and then.

This is kinda true, if techwear is what you like keep on wearing it to stand out.

agree with it not hitting real mainstream isnt a bad thing, it's just difficult to get new stuff as it feels like a lot of people have kind of abandoned it

Techwear fags consistently on suicide watch off F/W since the only reason to wear GoreTex in S/S is to whore yourself on IG

It did evolve and its still up, but now more appealable to normies cause lul nike X acronym.blame the same posters with the same C.E/ACRONYM/EYESANDSINS/NIKE fits 24/7 which resulted in

a.literally turned into a meme where they completely stopped posting on SUFU, killing 1/3 of activity becayse they got exposed
b.SUFU made a separate SUPERTECHWEAR board
c.resell value on grailed is threefold

I don't think techwear has enough variety for it to ever grow, and as a result it will just stay a niche internet trend forever until people just abandon it.

It simply wasn't useful enough or cool-looking enough to justify its inflated price.

When you get down to it, techwear is mostly just streetwear/sportswear that's marginally more comfortable/durable than the cheap stuff but looks just as goofy.

techwear's not dead, it's just that most techwear fits feel uncomfortable and look out of place unless it's raining or you live somewhere with a lot of fog.

Techwear is pretty much alive you just need to look at right places

youtube.com/watch?v=5D4oTwlB_5o

Everyone into it sticks to the discord now because this place can't have a functional conversation about it. It has a firm presence on ig too.

it literally began before you were even born
it's not dead it's just not big ass trend that you want it to be
technical clothing that actually perform well will always have their place in fashion

this arrived a few days ago. ideas on what to store in the bags? i still have 1 or 2 empty
(i know it's not really techwear, but somewhat similar)

I think I kinda misdescribed my thoughts dude, I don't want it to be a big ass trend, just felt like it's going down within 'our scene' if you can tell it that

always keep pockets as empty as possible

sick, w2c? Price?

it feels like that dark aesthetic fashion thing took it over, somewhat. Minus the practical aspect.

>techwear
>ever dying
No, it just left Veeky Forums like all large sub cultures in on this bored

it's sorta dead here since most of the kids can't use their parents cc to buy the super expensive shit

cans of soda so you can give them to people who are suffering from the heat

It never took off because its schoolshooter faggot gear that nobody would wear in public, it also died because of the lame ass reasons you tards tried to create around WHY someone should wear it.

>Hurr durr everything is usable
>muh straps n zippars

profound aesthetics, around 150€
its sold out, bought the last one. must have been like 2 weeks ago

THIS so much fucking THIS. I am so glad I got out of that cringey style. I wrote an article about this a year ago and it is still just as relevant today as it was back then when I wrote this A FUCKING YEAR AGO! LMAO

reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/42uae8/effort_long_techwear_a_postmortem/

guaranteed replies: the post

fuck off you little midget

Techwear has evolved and is now in its ultimate form. It's just that poor little idiots cannot afford top-tier ACRNM pieces like based blee. Deal with it broke faggots.

techwear is only cool to wear if you're doing something like this youtube.com/watch?v=oNUKSTlkSuc

Why are they all asians and why do they all cover their face?

LARPing & cosplay mostly.

discord link? I'd love a good chat about techwear away from this shithole.

discord.gg/d5BPHyJ

discord link?

jk i can read

jk expired hmu pls

discord.gg/4VVHB3C

Be respectful. Lurk some. Post in the welcome.

Quit posting your reddit memoir faggot.

> 2 fucking badges.
Fuck DHS.

full techwear fits look like cosplay
best is one techwear item. Treat it like milsurp or something, you dont go around fully dressed up as a soldier

Wool is better than goretex. Lumbersexuals are better than you.

techwear peaked into a bunch of manlets wearing """designer"""" garbage bags with too many straps on them

now the style is associated with tacticool urban ninjas in baggy shit and post punk cross fits when it was supposed to be about utility and comfort meeting unobtrusive aesthetic. Most """tech""""wear is obnoxious

techwear is fucking kill. fuccbois took it and destroyed it and they all look the same now. I like it when it was kinda mixed with streetwear and kinda more experimental and almost had a theme to each fit.

pic related scuba ninja

pic related an actual fucking terrorist

now everyone kinda dick rides the same silhouette the same shoes the same anorak/hardshell the same cargos the same everything.

what added to its kill was the same short dudes looking like ninja wannabe's with facemasks and spamposting on instagram and shit

it all looked the same too..paying almost a grand for some ill fitted jacket was not a good way to gain exposure to the masses

Yo sorry I was in class, one more time please?

>
>what added to its kill was the same short dudes looking like ninja wannabe's with facemasks and spamposting on instagram and shit
>it all looked the same too..paying almost a grand for some ill fitted jacket was not a good way to gain exposure to the masses
U must be blind then retard. Only the sufu gang were cookie cutters

FUCKING HIT THE NAIL. I WOULD BUY YOU REDDIT GOLD BUT THIS SHIT AINT REDDIT. TECH WEAR IS IGHT BUT PLS IF YOU POST ON SOCIAL MEDIA

I'm sorry, honey. Did I upset you about ninjafits?

total failure of imagination imo, and groupthought into oblivion. the ideas behind it are interesting but the fact that it developed a $1.5k uniform you had to wear to be considered #techwear #acrhive took it from being something that could have been an interesting way to consider clothing to another boring flex. no different than being a new money kid posting pics in vetements and gosha.

for all the jerking off over akira and ghost in the shell and gibson they do no one in techwear really goes for what clothing in that future might actually be. not for the elite ninja hackers, for the normal people. THAT might be something to explore (gibson lays it all out for you in neuromancer w the panther moderns ffs) and labels like cav empt and cassette playa (rip) do relatively interesting jobs, but that's never integrated. all black with jackets? that's the best you can do?

errolson posting pictures of his hot model gf on instagram made me realize that it's all a virgin teen fantasy these people never got over and that's all it's ever going to be. shot through with insecurity about being "into fashion" as an adult male as well. no see guys, this jacket isn't gay, it's got taped seams! it's f u n c t i o n a l . and an "escape zip" for the fucking absurd notion that an acronym hobbyist would find themselves in a situation where they needed to shed their coat to escape some mortal danger. it cost 1.5k for a reason! i'm into extremely hetero science fiction it's fine it's fine #acrhive straight as hell.

sorry i fucking lied cav empt is extremely integrated but its promise is never followed through on. im drunk allow it.

>errolson posting pictures of his hot model gf on instagram made me realize that it's all a virgin teen fantasy

jealousy detected

this is a good post

this is also a good post

Especially the bit about jerking off about akira and gits. Techfags do put CE into their fits, but honestly CE shit will fall out of favor in the next 5 years.

You don't know shit, idiot.

Meanwhile innovators like instagram.com/1000deaths and instagram.com/acrhive.blee will continue stunting on boring plebs like yourself with their advanced styles and god-tier tech pieces.

Techwear is here to stay. Stay buttmad you Zara wearing little broke bitch.

fuck you guys, techwear is not dead!

But really I never got into those high priced technical shell. Basically I just own a few y-3 and wear them pretty casually or mix them with other more normal or even military-type clothing.

I am either in Seattle, Hong Kong, or China so even if I wanted too I could suit up in more outlandish fits.

nice samefag. go cry into your autistic ninja cosplay mask fag

Wow great read. Totally agree. Glad someone had the balls to say it!

techwear can never die if you dress like this

bsc eqt / alpha industries / scotch&soda / n&f / adidas

Didn't it just merge with normal clothes?

man ur a ugly little faggot lmao

Remember, Choke is best mod

who of you was btw?

You guys buy your special rain jackets and cargo pants, but you never actually use them as they're intended.

It's just like cosplay

projecting much? lmao

How come you talk so gay