How to start w/ Rick Owens?

I love the style of Rick, but I dont know where to start, can anyone recommend basic Rick Pieces that i would need, or perhaps there is a introduction post somewhere?

Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

flickr.com/photos/142942183@N07/sets/72157672389536046/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hist tees, knits, sweatshirts, leathers and boots are all very beginner friendly, for the most part. You can pick up stuff from all those categories and they will probably work in any pre-existing wardrobe you have.
His jeans of course as well, but they are kinda basic so you can just go with anything. Other than that, just try to find inspo and learn as much about his stuff as possible.

Thank you, anything specific you'd recommend personally?

Also I guess you can find really simple stuff in any of his categories, his mastosneaks are very simple and slim profile unlike geos and ramones and the adidas collabs are lot easier to work with. Berlin sweatpants are also kinda basic and his cargos don't have massive dropcrotch if something like prisoners seem too extreme at first.

Well personally, I like his knits and boots a lot. Creeper boots are really nice and you can't go much wrong with the knits, just get something that has the kinda fit you are after. His tees are also great, simple longsleeve will go a long way when layered. Maybe dickflap tank and/or double layer tee if those are up your alley.
Techrunners are easy to work with but I think they might be bit expensive right now, not really my thing so I don't keep up with the prices.

Yeah ive been eyeing the tech runners for a while now, not sure what colorway though.

Yeah, the prisoners are a bit too extreme, however it feels like the Berlin sweatpants are too slim and messes with the Rick silhouette, might be just me though.

Bump for more advice

You could get the cargos, they aren't as extreme but still have very nice silhouette, just make sure you get the sizing right.
And there is lot of brands that work with Rick, just get the idea of silhouette you want down.

>Techrunners are easy to work with but I think they might be bit expensive right now

They're actually not. You can generally find them for decent prices compared to the other well-known footwear of his -- Geos/Ramones.

Thought I'd drop this here: flickr.com/photos/142942183@N07/sets/72157672389536046/

This:
One of the biggest mistakes is just buying a pair of ramones and wear it with "normal" clothes.
Start with pants/upper pieces.
Idk how new you are, but search drkshdw because is a little bit cheapper and make they more traditional clothes, ex their cargos look normal but with a twist, so you can wear them with normal clothes and with your full rick fits.

dead link m8

how is it a mistake to start with ramones? they work well with normie clothes. buying cargos and wearing them with normie stuff would just look weird

>they work well with normie clothes
They really don't, they are super bulky, you need the right kind of silhouette. The simplest way, and what you see most people do, is just get pants with really aggressive taper and slight drop crotch. Straight/slim jeans can work remarkably well as well.
Cargos aren't that extreme, the fit is essentially 'carrot cut' jeans which isn't that hard to work with, granted they look the best with shoes with more volume.

Can confirm, recently copped a great condition, but used, pair for 285 USD. Not all all that bad when you consider retail for the pair, as well as other shoes available at the price range.

Pic Related is the pair

>paying 300 dollars for used shoes
Ffs get your life together.

I've got a full time job that gives me enough disposable income to spend my money however makes me happy, I'd say it's the exact embodiment of having my life together and enjoyable. I love my life.

look at garish and gaudy niggers fashion. now minimalize it and make it black

>material goods make me happy

I think he meant "having full time job that gives me enough disposable income"

what's your job, i want to evaluate you on the metric of value you produce and whether it warrants the ease of living that your income allows

Nope, fashion and clothing does. For now at least.
Yup
Work a 3/12 schedule as a police dispatcher and flip cars on the side for pocket cash. Work is a hell of a grind, but I've got 4 days a week completely free and a reliable source of good income.

poorfag

you're about seven years too late

I'm 42 and do not see the appeal of these sneakers. To me, they don't look much different than the $49.99 sneakers at Wal-Mart. I can spot a good pair of GYW shoes from across the room, but can't see much quality in sneakers. Especially $1,000 sneakers.
Among other things, I'm a DIY'er into woodwork, metalwork and electronics. I'm also an accountant. When I see a product, my inner accountant comes out and starts looking at actual costs. Those $1,000 sneakers probably have $800-$900 of margin in them. That makes me see red. Especially considering how they depreciate like crazy and have a limited lifespan.
If you want a real eye-opener, go pull up a 401(k) calculator on the Internet. Assuming you're around 20, go see what happens to $1,000 over 45 years with compound interest.
And it's not that I dislike sneakers. I have about a dozen pairs of GYW shoes, but I usually kick around in Superga 2750s and canvas Tretorn Ottos. Got both pairs on sale, about $100 for both. I wash them in the tub when they get dirty and they're holding up beautifully. When they're worn out, I'll get new ones.
I really think these shoes are viciously overpriced and only of marginal quality. You are wasting your money.

nobody cares my g

Investments don't have time to mature of i blow my brains out by my mid 30s

u

Stop posting g

those clothes look like shit
i really hope nobody actually wears this. fucking full on pyjamas

>still believing in the 401k meme

what a brave and original notion
nice get

why are you on this board my man

>Those $1,000 sneakers probably have $800-$900 of margin in them
Fashion also includes what's called R&D costs in other industries, it's not just the costs of materials and manufacturing but also the cost of coming up with them. Whether you like the sneakers or not they have months of work behind them and several people were hired in the process, from technical consultants to fitting models.
Sure there's a margin of course but it's not as high as you think

fuck off old dude

Whats the manlet cut off for Rick stuff?

I'm 5'8" and i'm worried I might have problems.

Get familiar with the rick silhouette, for starters.

Rick's main inspiration has always been iggy pop and he was a turbomanlet so I don't think there's a problem

>trying to justify the cost of fashion
fashion is expensive because enough people will pay through the nose to obtain it.
It's also expensive to promote exclusivity. If everyone could afford full rick, people would look for something different to stand out
this has to be pasta.

Holy shit this is beautiful

I fell for the menswear meme but I prefer this look.

Anyone who says "a little something called x" or something to that effect is definitely a retard, and an arrogant one at that.