/interior/

Other urls found in this thread:

scullyandscully.com/furniture/seating/leather-footstools/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A text post for interior general:

I remember first seeing these thread like 1.5 year ago. For some reason I really enjoyed them and after a while got some architecture book at college to read. I write fiction then I started a short history about construction.
Next I had the good idea to change white bulbs for 3W warm leds (interior got 500% better).
Next I remembered my passion for plants I started sprouting lemons seeds to one day have pots that I've started.
Today I'm reading pic related, improving my CAD skill before moving to ray tracing in Blender to render ideas and learning about gardening since I had too much problem with sprout shit that seemed easy.

After my learning I say that without changing the building you can't do much to make rooms looks better. When you are stuck with fixed proportions then you focus on balancing the free space. Don't put to much on small rooms.
Play with lighting since it changes the room completely. Standard in my country is middle of ceiling 20W white cold lamp. First try using a 3W led (assuming you not making any surgery in your living room) and try playing with 2 or 3 sources. REMOVE the single source in the middle of the room because this sucks.
The room needs to stay as clean as possible for as long as possible. This make or break a room.
If you like me and love plants then I recommend reading plant phisiology 101 and geo 101 to undertand a bit about nature and biomes.

tldr
a good room needs
>correct illumination level
>decluttering/cleaning
>balance of space
>plants

>tldr
>a good room needs
>>correct illumination level
>>decluttering/cleaning
>>balance of space
>>plants
Literally none of which you get in Britain.
These threads are simply escapism for me

I'm completely redoing my basement mancave, going for something like this

Post bedroom inspo. Need to buy a new duvet cover and sheets

&this

Fuck I wish had higher ceilings in my basement.

I like going with white sheets and a patterned duvet. Or vice versa I guess. My dog shreds sheets so I don't really spend much money on them.

nah my basements low, I like the colours and spacing, and the lighting solutions have a nice diversity. I'm not going to buy all new matching furniture/lighting so seeing different types of products working together is informative

this complete site is about escapism desu

Are you in a small room? Remove shit you dont use until you have some free space. Put a plant pot. Done.

I don't have any pics, but does anyone have ideas for a bedroom that has a shitty mauve carpet and a tiny window? Luckily the bed fills most of the space. Is there an accent color that could work - like for a wall?

sick view but this is such a meh space / layout

every time the same pics from pinterest...
post oc from your rooms damn it

Have you seen the photos from posters rooms? It's a fucking embarrassment, save a select few. I'd rather see some interesting shit to get ideas from.

Right on with the lighting. I decent lamp shade works wonders on even the shittiest lightbulbs. The only places a bulb should be uncovered is when you really need a light, like in a desk lamp, kitchen or bathroom. Otherwise keep it diffuse or you house ends up looking like an overilluminated shop.

you have tall windows in your basement?

read the thread

All of these aren't even bedrooms, and if they are they're either really small or really big.

Is there a board on Veeky Forums where i can get more interior inspo or what ?

So what? Most people aren't confined to a single room.

what is that record player

No, but I have a short West facing window, so light isnt a [problem in the hours of the day that count to me having a great room.

I know light is one of the most important elements but im talking furniture and the use of space/colour. Going minimal like most fags itt

all varying degrees of shit

OC, thoughts?

tv doesnt match with the windows, fix that it's just hard to watch, your room's not a hospital ward. tvs goes on desks, not walls, change the tv and glass table and put them where the mirror is and viceversa
ps4 next to books really?
put some shelves for those books and add plants on it
replace that clock elsewhere
get rid of that fish tank asap
the rest is fine, i guess, would need another pic from opposite angle in order to appreciate and judge more the room, anyways it's a solid 6/10

clockwork orange statue made me kek

basically this but fish tank is fine as long as you put plants into it and place it on a stand of its own

Appreciate the feedback my dudes. I only have one outlet so all my electronics are stuck there till I move, but yeah a standalone python cage is definitely needed.

stop yourself

post room fagit

>pink/yellow

I'm selling that lamp in my store, it's pretty popular!

this! I live in an attic with sloped roofs and removed everything but my Bed, my PC, a chair, a small table and my bonsai. Room looks way better now.

Table is ugly, TV is too big (to be in that spot).

Hello Rams Museum.

Where in the UK do you live? I agree the standard of housing and taste in housing in this country is fucking terrible but its not impossible to make a nice place.

Anyone have some advice on where to put a mirror specifically placed for sex, but not incredibly obvious in a bedroom?

whats ur store?

Itt: airstream + fake eames + succulent in a thirift store sake cup.

Looks cool in pictures but in the end

All you own is a shitty 10 speed road bike, an obsolete trailer that acts like a solar oven and a fucking cactus

Probably on one of the walls that don't touch the bed. Maybe a mirrored wardrobe, but then again those often look pretty tacky.

DELET

Never bring dates home....if they think they're your gf they'll bust into your place trying to "surprise you", if they leave upset they could send beta orbiters to do some passive aggressive shit like fuck with your car, or might be drugged out looking to scope your place while her boyfriend breaks in while you're working.

Get a room, their place or car. Never your place of residence..

wonderful example of 'Scandinavian' interior design with some American and Austrian chairs here.

when will this meme die?

>tv right acros a big window without curtains

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but does anyone know if you can replace the housings speakers come in? I have these shitty 2000s looking eyesore speakers that I picked up that sound pretty good, but they stick out like a sore thumb in my room.

>See this thread
>Read 'inferior'

>attaches guccimane
>implying better taste

I NEED THAT FUCKING HIPPO RIGHT NOW

WHERE DO I GET ONE???????

Bulid wooden boxes with mesh fronts for them.

>fake eames
P R O J E C T I N G

Will do. Thanks

That looks like a Luis Barragán house

scullyandscully.com/furniture/seating/leather-footstools/
Here you go, m8.

so fucking boring

but it looks fucking nice

>
>boring
Then what the fuck do you consider interesting?

that looks like someone put a bed in a bathroom, not confy

the absolute comfiest, this is my dream home.

What's that on the wall?
I was considering doing something similar with my home printer.

despite the horrorfyingly bleak future, this place was cozy central. complete with a fucking grow house.

>old german and mexican flag

whoever lives here seems like the worst kind of mexican desu

protip: never use the word mancave again

>im whiiiiiiite
>/pol/ pls belive me

True. I fucking love that movie.

what movie is it

children of men

Check my bedroom.
Just moved in after flat overhaul. Didnt even finish unpacking yet.
Excuse me for mess and bags.
Chandelier has a dimmer control for comfiness. Spotlights on edges of the ceiling for when i need a lot of lighting.
Maybe ill post the other room (flat is a studio) when kitchen and sofa finally arrive.
Also what sofa type would you recommend ?

Second photo.

is that rope to hang yourself for picking those colors?

damn i've wondered what vaporwave looked like as an unironic room design.

If i wasn't so obsessed with

m i n i m a l i s m

I'd rock that room.