Why does smoking look so good

Hard to explain but it just does, smoking is like the ultimate accessory, you just look cool doing it.

because a well lit and posed shot looks good. the content inside can be total wank (or just stanky unhealthy shit like smoking) as long as the shot is aesthetically pleasing you think it looks cool

It reminds us of older days when people always wore suits and looked cool 24/7

It gives actors/models something to do while taking a shot, as opposed to just standing there

It gives off the impression that the person doesn't give the fuck about their health because yolo

Smoking detaches you from the environment somewhat, since it's a lonely activity. And seeming detached from your surroundings is pretty much the definition of "cool".

And possibly more importantly, cigarette advertising has been fucking everywhere for the past 70 years so even modern efforts to curb smoking still can't really destroy the effect of decades of product placement.

i will never smoke myself, but there is something about it

>I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind--and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression.
- Ayn Rand

really makes you think

>Hard to explain but it just does, smoking is like the ultimate accessory, you just look cool doing it.

What about using shit like tar filters?

because advertisement say so

now a days still?

Why is using vapourizers considered cringe? It's reminds me of bladerunner.

One time, I was riding with my dad in San Diego. As we were stopped at an intersection, we saw this hipster with an exaggerated handlebar mustache, thick framed glasses, skinny jeans that stopped well above the ankle, and no socks. He was puffing on a long stogie. My dad and I both looked at each other at the same time with the same look of incredulity.
>Me: "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
>Dad: "Sometimes it's a big, fat cock."

its become edgy, that's why you always see hipster cunts smoking, they think it makes them special

XD epic win!

true

weak.

??

Because it makes pretty clouds without looking like a faggot like vapers, if you wanna look cool though smoke cigars.

indeed i know

smoking tobacco in any form isn't fa and doesn't look good.
if you're going to smoke, smoke weed

>smoke weed
yeah smoking weed is totally Veeky Forums but cigarettes not.
You're retarded.

Nice cocksucking lips. Looks like a total turbobottom.

Nice blog post. I hope your're dads semen was a nice meal.

>You're retarded
>no argument

He didn't say it was Veeky Forums, he's just saying don't be a retard with a deathwish

Smoking is cool. If it turned out to not be terrible for us (as opposed to being thought of as a relatively harmless "vice" pre-1970s), then it'd still be universally cool.

samefag

It is illegal to advertise cigs so

if smoking wasnt unhealthy id probably chain a few packs a day. as it is i try to stay around 5 cigs.

smoking 5 cigarettes a day is still unhealthy, dont get your logic here.

Honestly it does look pretty cool in pictures. In real life it rarely looks as cool though.

"I love the smell of men's farts, its like I'm inside their anus"
- Aynus Rainus

Not typical builboards and adds in news papers. These were ment to conwince people to choose a specific brand. Tabaco companys spend millions of dollars on promoting cigarets thrue enterteinment and fashion industry. It's Hollywood that convinced people that event tho smoking is bad for health it looks cool.

It make you seem deep, cause cigarettes are used as a relaxant

Because smoke clouds make pretty shapes.

I hope you sucked your dads cock as a thank you to him after that hilarious adventure xD

it looks cool on photos, but irl, not really. but desu everything can be made to look cool on photos

What do you guys think about pipes?

I will never never smoke and if you take it up to look cool you're a fucking dumbass who'll get cancer but you have to admit it looks fuckin cool

If you're educated and above 40 and dressed conservatively, sure. And if it's at least 50 years in the past, because today it would just be tryhard

I actually liked Keanu Reeve's portrayal of Constantine. He chain smokes his way through the movie. I thought it looked pretty cool and fit his devil-may-care attitude. Then he gets lung cancer part way through the film. Fucking loved that.

t. smokers

>educated
wat?

Only smart people who function well in society get to partake in my pipe masculinity fantasy.

kinda lame and tryhard nowadays. everyone knows what you're trying to do.

>>I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind--and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression.
>- Ayn Rand

>actively depending of a drug
>having a phallus reference all day in your hands and mouth
>paying to deliberately inhaling Irritants & literally give yourself cancer

Damn...
>hehe im not a weak homosexualfag xD

Brought to you by Phillip Morris™

Idk it's stupid but I've had some good experiences with cigarettes. Mostly as a way to chat with someone outside at a loud college party. Had some real cool discussions over a smoke when otherwise I'd've been getting smashed to shitty music. I'm not saying smoking is actually cool or good and I'd never do it regularly, but it can be a decent social activity now and then. Also good for flirting in some environments ("got a light?"). The phallic connotations of that exchange are good if you're in the market for that.

Even the fact that he has a cigarette makes him seem a little bit cooler. It's weird.

It only looks cool on guys who actually have decent faces.

Cant imagine the average Veeky Forums acned fedora neckbeard acne-covered edgy teen trying to look goo smoking.

Because you are still in grade school

>People still try to convince smokers to stop by telling them it's bad for their health.
Kek.

>everyone knows what you're trying to do.

Uh, smoke?

...wow lol

recklessness will never go out of style desu

wtf

>t. Phillip Morris's president

got a pdf?

Since when is living a long, healthy life considered cool and fashionable? You kids need to stop listening to your parents and teachers so much.

For you

This. I'd take up smoking but I really hate inhaling smoke of any kind.

what's the most effay way to smoke?

hard and desperate and fast and constantly, or reserved and less frequent and gently?

Pretty much every cigarette smoker does these at different times. The most effay way to smoke is a big, mild (and therefore inoffensive to others around you), well made cigar.

no cigars are objectively uncool (unless you're an old cuban or something)

The coolest cigar smoker I know is a young white guy. It totally fits him (Although being marine infantry might have something to do with it).

SMOKE YOUR LIFE AWAY...

... ONE DRAG AT A TIME.

100% of non-smokers die

Smoke come from fire
Fire good
Grok like fire
Fire warm
Fire cook meat
Fire keep away wolf
Fire is life

Honestly, it's your inner cavemen that adores it. Same goes for BBQ and lighting a fireplace. Shit's soothing af.

Do no smoking signs in England still have pipes crossed with cigarettes in them?

Britfag here, all uk smoking signs look something
like this shit.
Pipe smoking is really popular in England at the moment

Vaping itself is a good thing if you want to quit smoking. It just attracted a huge bunch of loosers, neckbeards and such, so that vaping is now associated with those kind of people.

Which area are you from? I have never seen anyone smoking a pipe here.

weed is ridiculously unfashionable

Yorkshire