Is wearing a belt necessary everytime you wear pants?

Is wearing a belt necessary everytime you wear pants?

if ur waist at all smaller than ur hips or if your'e tucking anything in, yes.

/thread

no, but it does look better at times

you see how his pockets pop out? and in my pic related? They pop like taco's. This happens when you fit your pants/jeans/trousers to your waist instead of your legs. If your waist is smaller than your hips/legs, the pockets with pop and the jeans will cease funny across your thighs. In both pictures, the pants fit the waist really well w/o a belt, but since both dudes have a smaller waist than their hips, the pants fit their waist, but not their legs. they both look like shit. You should always make sure your pants look good in the legs, before you narrow in on what waist you want. At that point, either do abs or wear a belt. Otherwise u will look shit

my pockets pop out like that when i fit it to my leg and take bigger waist, dafuq?

U might need a higher rise and to buy pants that aren't so cheap. Check out apc low standard, they have a high waist, it might eliminate ur problems.

I actually like it when the pockets flare out 2bh

also happens when you dart/hem the waist of your trousers

No, you don't even need belt loops

lmao are you joking nothing apc has ever sold has a high waist

does all of this apply to skellies?

I thought so too, but check their site's description. I had to taper them a bit, but they're wonderful.

i actually wear pants with similar rise; i hate low rise. but those aren't 'high' rise.

also jeans don't have slanted pockets so they can't even flare like that

They're definitely high bruh, it's worth it to grab one on sale and return it if it doesn't work out

Are you wearing suspenders?

i would consider high up to navel, or just under. those are mid rise

i don't wear jeans anyway

Yo homie

just because it says "normal waist" doesn't actually make it any higher than mid, which those obviously are

Normal waist definitely means mid rise. High rise comes to your navel

Not everyone's navel is in the same place dullard

im pretty short and high rise stuff goes way above my belly button

on humans the navel is usually just under natural waist. this is basic human anatomy

if you are taller you need even higher rise for true high rise and vice versa for shorter people. quite logical, isn't it, as mass produced clothes are made for the average height

Yup, all true, ty for clarifying that. So in fact, the apc low standard is high rise. But only if you're good with a 30-32 inseam

you're equating mid rise with high rise, there is a distinction

these don't look any higher than a pair of 501s

Dude I swear they're high rise. They don't label high rise jeans as such because it puts off normies who think they'll look like some country bumpkin born in '48.

Absolutely not. In fact, belts are a sign that you live an inconsistent lifestyle that causes your waistline to fluctuate and that you can't even bother to take your off-the-rack pants to the tailor.

Belts are for the poor and stylistically inept. You're on Veeky Forums, take your fucking pants to the tailor or make sure you order the right size.

Ascend to the next level and get your pants cut without belt loops. Ditch the belts. Side tab or bust.

Someone beat me to it, but here's another Cruise.

Slight correction because it sounds like I'm shaming poor people

It's $5 to $10 at a local dry cleaners to tailor your pants. If you can't afford it, then you've got bigger problems.

>$5 to $10

That's the price for hemming at a cheap place aka a dry cleaner's that also does alterations.
At a reputable place that is good with suits, the full operation will look something like

>$10-15 to hem
>$40-60 to taper both legs
>$10-20 to take in the waist

You can maybe haggle a little bit if you bring in several items. I brought 3 pairs of Brooks Brothers pants to a place to get them hemmed and tapered and each pair of pants would have been $65 and they did all three for $175. That's a little steep by some standards but it was a dedicated tailor's shop in a big city so whatever

You wear a belt to create a visual break between your top and bottom, if not to hold up your pants. His fit is pretty boring visually.

ur wrong as fuck

It's because your pants are too tight. It could be because you have massif quads or wide hips or just too slim pants in general. The pockets won't pop if your pants fit correctly, no matter where they were designed to sit, ie waist, hips etc.

this.there is more to belts than being there just to hold up your pants. a belt is above all an 'accessory'.

people would wear suspenders if they only wanted to keep their pants up