W2c traditional goth gf?

w2c traditional goth gf?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=08cZFkmj2UA
vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2016-menswear/alexander-mcqueen/slideshow/collection#23
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Siouxsie & the Bashees concert?

i wish they were still around

but honestly traditional goth is pretty dead currently, seems like there's more punks, psychobillys, tattoo-emos & rap ""goths"" like GBC

or the tinder "emo" girls who unironically listen to 'avenged sevenfold' etc

i can only name like 5 good current post-punk or goth rock bands so it kind of makes sense

i totally relate to this sentiment

what band gigs are the best place to meet girls who aren't just daddy issue clusterfucks because that seems to be the type i attract and it is not a positive experience

I've been dressing in a post-punk/early goth influenced style for years, and I haven't come across a single trad goth girl to cop yet.

post fit desu

this image has always been the definition of "goth" to me. It's like a little bible. Theres a few goth dance nights and groups here in LA but youll find most goths already have a significant other.

>daddy issue clusterfucks

Good luck, they all tend to be like that unfortunately. Sad that post-punk is a dying thing. I remember going to a Peter Murphy show with my first proper girlfriend (total goth). I think he was promoting his Dust album if - must've been like 2003. She had issues too, just as you mentioned. I remember waking up to her cutting her arm with one of my shaving razors.

Try goth nights at your local bar or FetLife. A shit ton hangout on there.

>Also seeking help myself
I'm a broader built guy. Not fat but bearmode with broad shoulders at 6'1.
I'm looking to upgrade my goth wardrobe but have no idea what to buy since I mainly just wear black dress shirts/tees/pants etc. What would be some good items to get given my build?

some bright jewelry should be nice

cutting is just a way to release endorphin when you don't feel like masturbating, it's no big deal

defo some black milsurp

seconding the goth night thing. I have multiple around me, and I live in the middle of nowhere, so I'm sure there's one near you

im curious, where at?

So they dress like that because they are sad about not having boobs?

A few people said red and gold look pretty good on me.

No, they dress like that because it's fun
Trad goths don't really have a clear ethos beyond their fascination for dark romanticism.

It's more about glamorizing/dispaying macabre themes than about embodying them on a personal level. At most there's the general idea that doing hard drugs is a cool way to be self-destructive, but it's not an ethical obligation and it's not specifically goth.

HEALTHGOTH IS BEST GOTH.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=08cZFkmj2UA

Fuck, these guys are from my city

black and white =/= goth

AND?

>sportswear
>house beats
more like niggoth

and these wiggers aren't goth. They look like they're about to attend a hardtek festival in the winter.

GO AWAY, IDIOTS.

> posts a bunch of chavs
> calls them goths
> gets mad when people point out that they're chavs

"MAD"? NO, YOU ARE JUST AN IGNORANT IDIOT WHO SHOULD GO AWAY.

Speaking of "ignorant", even Michae Jackson looked more goth than those hippity-hop ghetto wesh wesh wannabe gangsta kids.

Only eighties goth is real goth.
Mall-goth, emo, Marilyn Manson-core, health goth, nu-goth, street goth and stuff like that is not goth.

true

GOTHNESS CONSISTS IN A REBELLIOUS WORLDVIEW AGAINST THE TRADITIONAL WORLD VIA SATURNINE BEHAVIOUR, SO, EXPLAIN TO ME HOW IS IT THAT ADOPTING A CONFORMIST AND FUNDAMENTALIST ATTITUDE, LIKE YOURS, IS GOTH?

A GOTH IS DEFINED BY HIS/HER ETHOS, AND PERSONAL STYLE, NOT BY ADHERENCE TO NORMS, AND FORMS.

WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS MERELY TRANSPORTING YOUR OWN EXTREME CONFORMISM TO A STYLE THAT IS INHERENTLY INCONFORMIST, WHICH CONSTITUTES AN ABSURDITY; YOU ARE NOT GOTH, AND CERTAINLY DO NOT COMPREHEND WHAT GOTHNESS IS.

Seems to me that you're confusing goth and hipster, little man.

goth is macabre romanticism, not just rebelliousness

Even if you were correct, those kids aren't rebellious in the least: they dress like they're gonna go jogging.

how is a jogger "expressing his rebellious worldview"? How does jogging count as "saturnine behavior"? How does "health" count as "saturnine"?
Also they all look like each other. They're trend-hoppers, not rebels.

>A GOTH IS DEFINED BY HIS/HER ETHOS
No he's not.

He's defined by Robert Smith's hairstyle.

>take photo of random normal 80s girl
>desaturate in photoshop
>now its goth
I dig the OP image

they're out of production due to lack of interest.

>in LA

Any recommendations? Haven't went to any here

>goth is macabre romanticism, not just rebelliousness

good description. also annoys me when people expect goth to be somber and depressed but like i'm pretty happy and generally not depressive and it doesn't mean i'm not a real goth or w/e hahaha

Can I build one from scratch?

bordners blue mondays

I got you dude. look up some of these groups on facebook, that's how I make my events: Perversion, Helter Skelter, Blue mondays, release the bats, batcave hollywood, coven 13

is this goth?

no

side note, i'm 19 and asexual

maybe i'll get a fake ID but not sure clubs are the best situation

either way appreciate the recommendations i'll drop by them when i can thanks!

Sometimes they let under 21 in - you just can't drink. Otherwise a fake is a good option.

some events are 18+

Didn't know, I'll keep my eyes peeled, thanks

Who else here /driving dead/?
>Pic related, it's my baby.

how does one get this job?

I'm not an undertaker, I just bought a hearse from a funeral home that was going bankrupt. They're incredibly cheap since nobody really wants to drive something that dead people were carried around in.

with low mileage, generally, as well... although the old american V8s don't exactly sip fuel. i'd still love one

i've got an old black mercedes (w201) which is fairly appropriate

Um, you're actually agreeing with the tripfag.
Learn to read, my fella.
The other guy is the one saying that if you don't dress and act a certain specific way, basically dressing and acting like a caricature, you're not goth.

hows 2014 my man

>6665
so close

i think the tripfag is the one saying goth is a 'rebellious worldview'

whereas he is just saying

>goth is macabre romanticism, not just rebelliousness

and i'm saying is you don't have to have the angst of a 14 year old girl who just discovered nirvana in order to be a goth

I think you may have missed "Even if you were correct" as the statements which follow that are conditional upon them being correct, which the poster asserts they are not.

The other guy os merely refute his own assumption about the tripfag... basically saying "no" to what he himself declared.

You're contradicting yourself. You claim that to be goth it isn't necessary to act like a caricature (to be all angsty all the time), but then you agree with the conformist guy.

I don't think you know what rebelliousness is...

I know a few but they're all in their 40s and 50s.

Going by personal experience, most of the goth chicks mid 20s through 30s seem like they either got in on the vampire thing that was big in the '90s through '00s, did fetish, or went cyber instead, though I did know a German girl with a proper deathhawk. Younger and it's mostly hipsters pretending to be goths.

My understanding of the argument

>Tripfag : Goth is rebelliousness, and health goth is real goth because it is rebellious
>Other Individual's Response : Goth is not just rebelliousness, rather macabre romanticism, but if it was, health goth is not very rebellious

Maybe it's "conformist" to limit what is or is not goth, but I was agreeing only with the statement that goth can be interpreted as a fascination of macabre works.

posting the og goth waifu

It's mostly to do with the music, mate.

Yeah, it originated entirely from post-punk/goth rock, and it's that 'dark macabre' image if you will that's associated to it in film, fashion, and other assorted arts.

>been into trad goth music, subculture, and fashion for 14 years
>never had any kind of goth girlfriend despite living in a big city and hanging around record shops

Just kill me already.

I mean, you're overthinking things. At the end of the day, goth is about listening to mopey music, getting piss drunk on snakebite and black at the pub and wearing lots of black in ways you and your small likeminded group of people think is cool. The difference between actual goths and pseudo goths always comes down to choice in music.

>listening to mopey music

Goth music isn't always mopey.

or just trying to avoid sounding elitist, that definition is the most broad i could think of

choice in music is a determinant factor in a person being real regardless of subculture - what would you say are your favourite "goth" bands?

It's called being facetious.

Not a goth actually. I'm way more into industrial and some of the faggier club offshoots of that, though I could definitely listen to the Sisters all day.

i quite like power electronics and ebm

still always open to recs

its called glam rock you underage and it belongs in the trash

Harold?

glam rock and goth had comparable aesthetics

The biggest similarities is that Bowie profoundly influenced both of them. And aesthetically some might have been similar, but that's way too much of a blanket statement. Bauhaus did not look like the New York Dolls.

Healthgoth isn't a fad, chief.

That's a pretty wide net. What kind of recs are you after, Nitzer Ebb style oldschool EBM, or Front 242? Power noise like Soman or Noisex? Synthpop? Trance-y shite like everyone was doing when VNV's Futureperfect came out? Also, what level of entry.

Glam rock directly influenced goth rock. Bowie was the biggest influence for all of the original goth bands.

Bauhaus covered Bowie.

New Romantics were also a huge influence. Compare the hair styles.

EBM, fan of Jager 90 and Frontal

Power noise, Ramleh, Genocide Organ

level of entry just whatever's weird and new to me

I really liked the New Romantic period in music. There were some really fun bands - it's a shame it only lasted a few years.

I know this is more an /mu/ question but what's the basics to listen to for goth music. It's weird trying to get into the music when I usually listen to stuff like Aesop Rock and DOOM

dyed black flecktarn parka, maybe some rick pieces

emo night at the echoplex in LA. never been but heard good things
>inb4 goth not emo

Emo isn't goth, though, so this suggestion is completely off-topic.

dark colors are a safe bet. Take a look at Alexander McQueen's collection from the fall of 2016 for some ideas: vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2016-menswear/alexander-mcqueen/slideshow/collection#23

I really associate the look with more of a facial aesthetic. Pale skin, angular features, and sunken in eyes with dark circles from cigarettes and insomnia

essentials
>bauhaus
>siouxsie and the banshees
>christian death
>the cure
>the damned
>sisters of mercy

post-punk:
>joy division/warsaw/new order
>gang of four
>young marble giants

influences:
>bowie
>iggy pop
>velvet underground

personal recommendations:
>essential logic
>red lorry yellow lorry
>swans of avon
>red temple spirits
>preoccupations
>the sound
>henrys dress

probably missed a lot but it's a start

Start with some of the U.K. classics like Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, U.K. Decay, Joy Division, etc, and then listen to some of the early U.S. deathrock stuff like Christian Death (with Rozz Williams; avoid post-Rozz Christian Death) and 45 Grave if you want.

Also, don't listen to other people, Sisters of Mercy sucks and wasn't even popular within the goth scene at the time.

>don't listen to other people
well that's boring and narrow minded
>Sisters of Mercy sucks and wasn't even popular within the goth scene at the time
well they play it everywhere now. Super fun dance music

great list, desu

I'd add Echo & the Bunnymen (earlier work), The Chamelons UK, and Peter Murphy's solo stuff. Some of the Dead Can Dance's music had some real gothy undertones too

Just throwing some random stuff out there since I tend to skew more melodic than muscles and hate: Pouppee Fabrikk, Calva y Nada, Paranoid, Insekt, old Leaether Strip, Plastic Noise Experience. Klinik, definitely. Maybe old X Marks the Pedwalk. Angstfabrikk is newish but does oldschool EBM.

How dare you. It's fun and comforting cheese. You know the DJ's gone for a piss when the extended This Corrosion comes on.

>well they play it everywhere now. Super fun dance music

Doesn't change what I said.

people clearly enjoy it, so I don't think it's fair to say they suck. That's just an opinion

Death is cute cute cute

People can enjoy them, that's fine, but they should avoid putting them on lists of goth "essentials." Lists of essential bands should stick to classic staples of the genre.

You're going to complain about Sisters of Mercy being on there but not the Cure?

Sisters of Mercy are essential. They were very influential, they're a good band that makes good music, and they have a lot of personality. The fact that some early goths weren't into them is pretty much irrelevant.

>LA
Well there's two Nick Cave concerts next week, you could try to find one there.

>massive New Rocks combat boots
>flat hair
not traditional

where does one get a raven?

crowe

Imma scruffle her hair

has this tripfag ever made a good post?

This is a really weird chart. Including nothing except the s/t debut from Killing Joke would maybe make sense if you wanted to limit the list to the goth-y side of post-punk, but then there's stuff like Talking Heads, which is obviously awesome, but clearly on the far opposite end of the new wave spectrum.

Good goth essentials though, friend. I would add This Mortal Coil. Also Killing Joke's Night Time and Revelations for post-punk. And Coil, which is hard to place in a genre but always deserves a mention.