/utg/ Urban Techwear General

>Is X techwear?
It can include but is not limited to a number of aesthetics and brands:
• Tech Ninja/Cyberpunk (ACRNM, ACG, Guerrilla Group, Y-3)
• Activewear (NikeLab, Adidas, Gyakusou)
• “Gray Man” (Unobtrusive) (Veilance, Outlier)
• Outdoors (The North Face, Patagonia, Arc’teryx)
• Military (Arc’teryx LEAF, Triple Aught Design, Surplus)
Post news, inspo, and fits. Start flame wars, berate each other anonymously and have fun.

>Techwear Discord link:
discord.gg/stX9ECT

>Techwear guide
tuxbell.com/index.php/Guide_to_Urban_Techwear

>Brand spreadsheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MgLVu61LQrd59jNlOgwYaqxR3Jo35XY1gwOsTfmT9U/edit#gid=0

Last post, I'll kick it off with the CP Company Metro here.

Has anyone ever gotten their hands on one of these or ever seen it posted anywhere?
Seems really rare desu senpai

What's the best techwear button-up shirt? I saw a Veilance Component on grailed but I'm unsure whether to cop that or Outlier (or something else).

Here's one of my grails from White Mountaineering BLK label. It's super rare though.

I like the Veilance component, and outlier shirts have great quality.
I'd personally pick the component, but if you want a more normal look then go Outlier

I looooove And Waaaaaander

>hardshell
>exercising
>where does the sweat go?

this guy poses

the idea of a hardshell is that it's made of a breathable fabric

rec: Yeasteday i bought a pair of Peak performance civil pants for 200 bucks. Theay are good loking, comfortable and water resistant. My new fav pants

No it's not. That's base layer.

Mid layer is a brethable body heat retaining layer.

Shell is the waterproofing full body heat retention

Don't be obtuse, a hardshell should be waterproof and breathable

The sweat is wicked by the base layer, retard.

How do they fit? Have any pics of them being worn?

hey guys i want to get into techwear

i have a flektarn parka and some surplus cargos i got from the /k/ommando store...

was going to dye it and sew some straps on it to give it a more teccy feel

also i have been watching ants videos and he says adding a sling bag makes a fit really techy...want to know some budget bags i can get like the patagonia

thanks!!

ss17 acg shirt jacket is pretty good, better than the really shitty one in previous season

I can see the effort you're putting in here, but it honesty looks like you just watched FrugalAesthetic's video on Techwear and bought utility prestos and threw together the rest of this fit from your preexisting closet.
Think of the techwear community as a club you sort of need to buy or build your way into. Its a sort of proof of dedication to the philanthropic push that Techwear represents. An outlook of an absolute lack of aesthetic or functional compromise. The 'futuristic aesthetic' is not one that is meant to be about what the people of the future might wear, but what the cyberpunk badasses and street samurais in the futures of William Gibson and Ridley Scott wore in their interpretations of the fashion of the future, with a updated functional design philosophy and new, high performance fabrics. It is a legitimate protest of the ever present and inescapable dominance of the vintage over fashion and culture today.
If you want ' functional, Techwear-inspired clothes without paying high prices,' feel free to buy and wear this, but don't bother posting it here. Techwear-inspired isn't Techwear.

faggots on both spectrums

There's a reason why shells are advertised with breathability ratings.
During exercise, you will sweat, so it's to your benefit that moisture can escape and your shell doesn't become a mobile sauna

Truth

Thanks

but I wanted to know if my flecktarn parka can be tech? or what a cheap alternative to the patagonia bag in ants video might be.

sorry i can't afford the expensive stuff ACG...

Don't listen to him he has autism. Do what you want, go for the look you want

Thanks for 26k visits on the Tuxbell Guide.

Outlier, however they're very seasonal. NYCO is the way to go if you had to purchase one right now.
Ministry of supply
Nanamica
North Face Purple Label
Mission Workshop
Arc'teryx

We love you too, get on updating though. Continue to write great stuff.

Threadly reminder to not cop Acronym

couldn't describe it better
both explain whats wrong with the techwear 'community', even though they were most likely not serious

this must be bait

whats wrong with me?

my flecktarn looks pretty cool and definitely has those "tech" gibson cyberpunk vibes

not gonna lie you had me for a second, but now it's obvious

Buzz Ricksons character wears an MA-1 so surplus is already within the cyberpunk canon...its also oversized with some goth ninja vibes...really dont get the hate here man.

If you not just trying to bait, then yeah you could try to make your parka more interesting.

Straps would probably be too much, but there are plenty of people who've meme dyed their parkas from this last year even.

If you're trying to go Milspo with techwear, I highly recommend looking up and learning from Knoch AKA Herr Urst.

Kissu~

If you fags are so bent on "tech wear" and "utilitarian fashion" why don't you buy actual fucking useful shit like crye combat pants or arcteryx jackets.
They even look Veeky Forums out of the techware autism and are actually useful

>when you live in Northern Sweden where average summer temperature is 18C, and you can get all four seasons in one day, techwear becomes way of life, not just Veeky Forums.

Here is what I usually like to wear when I am out and about in the city/nature.

-Waterproof/windproof pants with breathable zip vents.

-Assorted waterproof shoes/boots. White Nikes I wear when I KNOW it will not rain that day.

-Adjustable long sleeve shirts.

-TNF waterproof/windproof shell (also has fleece liner for colder days).

-Camouflage neck buffs for all of the mosquitoes we get in summer.

seconded

happy to see my meme being reposted

It is a special feeling

Anyone got summer tech inspo?

just came in yesterday and it's perfect

+1 for outlier

I think this and the next fit I'm going to follow it up with were the best of the summer tech challenge.

Keeping it casual, sporty, or militaristic are awesome ways to keep a tech aesthetic in hot weather.

Definitely more streetwearish in your aesthetic, but the functionality is appreciated.
Looks great, which bag is that?

AS2OV dobby 2-way
it was a bitch to find; managed to cop the last one off this british website

henlo techwear friends

hi snek

I never see any Aitor Throup in these threads

gee it's like you missed every other meme genre of clothing to earn a name on Veeky Forums
quickly learn to expect this with any fashion discussion and give up on the text half of this board. Veeky Forums's only positive quality is that it has images of clothing to look at

hi jdot

This would go great with a buzzcut

His most recent stuff is that 'raw research' stuff, but if you can advocate for any of his other stuff I'd like to hear about it.

Sounds like he's still working for G Star then. His design process is really impressive though, totally rearranging where one would expect the seams of even simple garments. Also his sketches are really charming and pleasant to look at.

denim is not techwear
aitor is overrated af and you cant buy anything except the crappy gstar stuff anyway so its pointless to discuss him

>you cant buy anything except the crappy gstar
Not true though, you should still give merit where it is due.
If he has previous collections that are nice and fit the aesthetic then you can still get them 2nd hand
Cool, I'm going to look into his older stuff then!

provide a link to second hand aitor thorpe for sale.
you cannot. his stuff is more military fetishism than techwear anyway

i want daddy to give me cummies uwu

it's really neither
and you can't really find much of his stuff on sale because he has only ever done very limited runs of the clothes like 5 of each and they were ever only sold at DSM London
the raw research is godsend because it's actually possible to buy something by him for prices that aren't absolutely insane, granted they are still fairly high

1000euro for denim jackets is pretty high and the designs are not mind blowing or anything
the tank driver jacket everyone raves about is a modified surplus item pattern. overrated because it is unobtainable and he has good theatrics and presentation for his work

damn the higher res version of this is sweet

Is that a shirt, or a jacket?

threadly reminder that boxwood is a faggot and the discord is cancer

both, they're called shirt jackets

what boots is my dude wearing here?

So, one can wear them without anything underneath, and/or with an actual jacket over it?

An undershirt is advised.
Think of it as a more durable version of a button up shirt.

Why is an undershirt advisable?

>military fetishism

can you faggots please stop using this term its all over the brands list usually right next to a snippet of misinformation

also
>he doesnt known where he can get aitor throup

>all over the spreadsheet
> used once on the TAD descriptor.

Will change it though, I agree it's a bad term.

provide a link to second hand aitor thorpe for sale.
you cannot.

the tank driver jacket everyone raves about is a modified surplus item pattern. overrated because it is unobtainable and he has good theatrics and presentation for his work

why would i need to buy second hand when i can literally walk down the street and get dead stock aitor throup?

>he doesn't live in a fashionable city

yikes sorry for you

>dead stock aitor
ok little kid

lmao the dumb ass thinks g-star raw at dsm is "dead stock aitor throup"
hahahah

>he's never been to h lorenzo

lol

>they don't know h lorenzo still has new object research pieces

wow sucks to suck

>he name drops h.lorenzo even though he is a sandwich maker living in nowheresville canada

henlo, was there last week Jo. they don't have any
also stop trying to dick ride rob. he is a real model and doesn't like you. at all
now fly away troll

:o

?

this is some pretty next level autism/projection

also which location did you go to they have 4 plus the warehouse that isnt open to spergs like you

bitter, butthurt little jo
enjoy your sandwich making today jo
meanwhile I have an interview for a programming job making real money :)
have fun your little crusade I guess

i'm not this jo person though

also i guess being a code monkey is cool?

oh lmao my bad i swore i saw it a few times w.e.

sure jo, no one else is lame enough to name drop fag.lorenzo except you and rob and rob doesn't post here so

>this jo guy and rob guy are the only person on Veeky Forums to ever hear of/or go to h lorenzo

also h lorenzo is included in the brand spreadhsheet you paranoid sczhiophrenic

Nice samefag jo
Something is wrong with you.

? look dude i don't know who the fuck this jo guy is but, im not him
you're just mad that someone told you where you can buy aitor throup because youre too dumb to do your own research

>samefag

ok dude i can only assume youre trolling or you're retarded

>he's still here
Get a life dude.

>autism

How about we get back on topic and not blow the thread up?

Umm, I'm not sure, but he has tons of military boots on his blog that are great. Corcorans, Pilotenstiefel, and Austrian Paratrooper boots are all good military/surplus boots
It's still a jacket, so it's still meant to be taken off when it gets too hot or you don't need it. You could walk around without an undershirt, but then you've gotta keep the jacket on obviously.

why do you need to make a photoshop of errolson copping zara?

Why is he carrying a pillow?