What does Biz think of Uber?

Is it legit good earning potential?

And what about uber Xchange to get a car through them?

I'm really considering it as a career path or way to generate some cash

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2016/06/02/technology/uber-investment-saudi-arabia.html?_r=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

For supplement income it's good. If you want it to be your main source of income you're better off just being a private driver and posting in classifieds.

For weekends and surges it's fine for extra income. Especially if you qualify for the luxury vehicle.

But overall it sucks dick. UBER cut the rates and treat the drivers like livestock.

How can someone go about being a private driver? Sounds like a lot of paperwork.

I would be interested in hearing from someone who uses uber. And luxury vehicles? Nice

I don't know why people get confused about this. Just because you book your fares through a shiny app, you're still just a cab driver.

It's a job and it'll put food on the table. But its as much a "career" as gas station attendant or 7-11 clerk.

Bump for anyone who has used uber's experience

Signing up with UBER is easy. You can become in UBER driver in no time.

Qualifying for the luxury vehicle rates just requires having a luxury vehicle such as Escalade, 5 series, 7 series, Mercedes, etc... You'll make more money for this, than a regular car.

Make some business cards on Vistaprint that you are a private driver and airport chaffeur, put your name and cell on the card.

Then give your card to every single customer you pick up, telling them you drive on the side for cash. Then you can make like $100 for airport rides, stuff like that, etc...

>Signing up with UBER is easy. You can become in UBER driver in no time.

Shill spotted.

Working for uber sucks.

So basically you have to have your own luxury vehicle for higher rates, okay, but if someone could afford luxury I wouldn't think they would do uber, lol.

How about earning potential? There are so many people and it's easy to sign up, so wouldn't you have trouble finding clients?

What could I realistically be looking at weekly? Including the xtrade car deduction?

Some drivers invest in additional cars and run it like a business.

>What could I realistically be looking at weekly?

$700

Taxi in my country works because people can fake earnings and never pay the government taxes in full. With uber they cant do it. since uber is kind of new in brazil and the education here is low people think they are making a shitton of money, but when the Taxes come they will be broke in no time. Also i saw this video on youtube that they showed that if you do the math you will not be able to pay not even the car maintenence after a while if you works for uber. The uber cut is huge, they should worth with that since all they do is to be the middleman between the people and the drivers.

So let's say I work uber full time, will I more good money or will Gas prices make it not worth it?

Bump for info

>earn $X driving for uber
>lose $2X in depreciation and running expenses

Great business idea really.

Like real estate speculation

depends on what city you're in, and how many hours (and which hours) you drive. If you live in new york city and drive >40 hours per week, you might make $700/week like says

> Because I said signing up with them is easy, I'm an UBER shill

read my above post Ricky Retardo.

After wear and tear, and gasoline, many of the drivers estimated that earnings are around $5/hr.

So like I said above, it's really just good for weekends and surges, and hope you get tips.

I've heard of guys making $300 on a Friday or Saturday.

I think his point was to use it as a way to generate customers outside the app so you can make more money.

Uber just accepted a 3.5 billion dollar cash infusion from the devil.

nytimes.com/2016/06/02/technology/uber-investment-saudi-arabia.html?_r=0

>If you live in new york city and drive >40 hours per week, you might make $700/week

For a job with no benefits, $700 a week in NYC is shit.

>After wear and tear, and gasoline, many of the drivers estimated that earnings are around $5/hr.

>wear and tear

Wtf does this actually mean? I hear so many of these faggots bring that up like its a valid argument as to why it sucks to work for uber. You car is your YOUR FUCKING OFFICE and you're gonna bitch about keeping it clean? All businesses have to pay someone clean why should uber aka taxi drivers be excluded from this?

>considering it as a career path

Top lel m8

Self driving cars are going to steal your job. Uber is already experimenting with them.

Take the cash while you can

it means cars are fucking expensive, and driving your car around far more than you typically ever would under the guise of "having a job" is depreciating the car at a far faster rate and will eventually require very costly repairs/maintenance or even the replacement of the vehicle.

When you weigh your estimated expenses from depreciation against your earnings, you start making a lot less

Have you ever owned a car?

As the car gets more miles it requires costly repairs....

Are 5 year olds posting on Veeky Forums?

I have a month before my job starts, I would love to drive Friday and Saturday nights for some extra cash but I have a 2 door car. I heard Sidecar accepts 2-doors, but I wonder if anyone even uses the app to book cars