on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j3-5P6eY_OI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Note_(perfumery)
perfumeoils.com
youtube.com/watch?v=TVQ6C7w4LIE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

reminder that the markup on fragrances can be as high as 5 to 8 times.
I used to be able to buy fragrances at a fraction of the price when I was employed by one of the houses. for example: a 50 ml bottle of any Tom Ford Private Blend for ~$25.
that was pretty close to the actual production price. I stopped buying fragrances when I stopped working there, as I felt like it wasn't worth it.
it just feels like you're their bitch when you're buying something extremely overpriced. now I just create my own basic shit.

What would you recommend as an everyday fragrance to a student who wears mostly hawaii shirts?

Last thread I was ignored so don’t do it again.

Anyway got sample of Black Afgano. Don’t get all the hype, didn’t smell like weed at all. It wasn’t even a strong scent either , very weak and could hardly smell it. To me it smelled more like a smoke shop/ Jamaican hipster store then anything else.

@12820868
>Last thread I was ignored
it's almost like you didn't say anything worth responding to.
it's like... "okay"

>now I just create my own basic shit.
any tips for this? I wanted to make my own molecule 01/02 and looking at perfumer's apprentice got me interested in going further, especially with restricted/banned stuff like oakmoss

Anyone else have the problem of too many fragrances ? Is it weird to want to downsize to maybe 3-4 fragrances and rotate. Right now I have a 2k worth collection of fragrances and I feel like I hardly use some and like some better then others and it feels bad that I don’t have a “signature” scent. But at the same time I don’t want to rid myself of my expensive collection like that .

creed VIW

Hollister Wave for Him.

Like Dreamer by Versace, except a bit aquatic and no tobacco opening, damn good performance.

Your last post was ignored because, like this post, it didn't contain a question.

I think anyone with a collection of any size will find they wear some less than others. I have decent luck blind buying, but it's still gambling and I have a bunch of losers. This is when you explore swapping, or selling if you really want to downsize.

Anyone else here wearing Y

Sampled it, was not impressed

Alright, thanks. I'll look into them

I really like this stuff but it's not exactly versatile so I rarely wear it. I heard that both the sport and the a l'extreme flankers are more wearable versions of the original... which one do I get Veeky Forums?
I would sample if I could, but I tried several stores and asked around, and nobody in my shit country seems to have it in stock so I'll have to blind buy online somewhere.

Sport. No question. I own and love all three, but sport gets worn 85% of the time.

I've never tried sport, but l'extreme smells like bug spray and doesn't perform any better than the original.

Sample it if you're curious.

Wore la nuit on a date the other night. As we were kissing she told me I smell like her 'dad on holiday' lmfao.
Sticking to my CDNMI which every1 jizzes over

any reccomendations for someone who like ralph lauren polo black but something that lasts longer?

Opinions?

Daily reminder that Eau Fraiche by Versace is the GOAT cologne

Is Brit by Burberry any good? It always has great reviews, but when I sampled it, it smelled like some old man shit. Could it have just been that I had smelled too many samples before? Or is it genuinely an overrated old man cologne?

If you don't like it don't wear it

I feel like the allure main is just right. Go for sport if you want something more aggressive

I'm not sure if I didn't like it because I oversampled or if it genuinely sucked which is why I want other people's opinions on it.

Is DKNY Be Delicious too feminine to wear as a guy? Or does the apple and flowers give it a unisex vibe?

Seconding sport. Has the same dirty, earthy, musky vetiver heart of the original, but with added citrus and floral elements that make it smell extremely green and natural. Performance is also amazing, especially for such a fresh, green scent.

Hey /frag/, could you rec me a fragrance that will completely wreck my nose? If it's possible I kinda want to untrain my nose so I can appreciate my fragrances like I'm smelling them for the first time again. Not secretions magnifique bad or Sauvage ambroxan explosive tho. I've already tried the screechy "oud" in Versace oud noir and the dissapointment that was the OG JC man, but it wasn't enough.

1 million
coffee beans

Thanks user!

dark oud

unsound ephemera for something really unconventional

A*Men

First Instinct

CDG black or avignon?

john varvatos, the weave basket one

>that Lynx can next to the Roja

It's Lynx YOU btw, I am not proud of it, it was a gift.

Cheers guys :3

Sure. A gift. Right.

That's cool, I guess.

the sport smells like pickles on me

youtube.com/watch?v=j3-5P6eY_OI
So when is he releasing his own fragrance?

>beeing a fragrance reviewer isn't cheap when I'm clearly sponsored either with free stuff or paid reviews and of course my funds from my actual job

This is like when publishing corps cry poverty in vidya

Well I say gift but I mean thing someone bought for me just because it was heavily stocked at a store, but for some reason they'd act offended if I threw it so I keep it in the back facing away. Literally all it is, weakish derivative of patchouli and burnt sugary Amber accord derivative plus airiness, pretty much the same as most Lynx/axe

Is pineapple vintage a fucking scam?

I just received my sample, I ordered all the flankers in the same order and I only received half of my order (noir, noir intense, beyond noir)

Not only that but the fucking noir intense vial is FUCKING EMPTY.

Also the paper is so fucking disgusting it's all sticky and colors the fingers and it's really badly sticked on the vial

All fucking dirty of shit

I've never had a problem, personally. Email them and explain the situation, they'll probably send you a new one.

Mine leaked a bit, sounds like yours leaked a lot. Too bad I wanted to get someone's take on Noir Intense vs Beyond Noir

What an ugly setup. Reminder that 40% of owning fragrances is showcasing them in an effay manner when females come over.

Wow, more answers.
Thanks again

sel marin

Completely agree with the other guys recommending the Sport. A l'extreme smells much better, but it's just as unwearable as the original, only in an entirely different way.

does anyone else feel upset that the name creed is immediately associated with the band?

like if you bring a girl over, she's going to see the bottle and be like "wow he sure does like scott stapp i guess"

This is very overwhelming. I just wanna smell good

Thoughts on CDG Avignon?

Tuscan Leather smellin like a brick

After 4 hours TL literally smells like a brick of dog shit

At least he doesn't keep his fragrances in the fridge.

Best/favourite summer designer frags?

i bathe in urine for that homeless smell

ck one summer 2012

Dior Homme Sport 2012

that’s pretty fuckin gay senpai

Why would the smell change over time

>sel marin
>every day fragrance

do wot now

all things in this life are impermanent, user

all things change

TdH Eau Tres Fraiche

(with that said I sprayed the OG on a card and absolutely hated it, must try on my skin)

Bleu de Chanel

>smell change over time
Because that's how fragrances work, user.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Note_(perfumery)

i dont know shit about fragrance but hoping to get some help. have very limited experience.

I've used CK One and Acqua Di Gio before and found I really liked those, tried Eau Fraîche and Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male but didn't like those. looking for something similar to the first two as they suited me well

Versace Eau Fraîche*

Acqua di Gio Profumo is really good.

Does anyone know of a decent source for empty (used) bottles/atomizers other than eBay?
Specifically looking for several Creed and Tom Ford fragrances I've bought in splits/decants.

I'll check that out. Thank you.

Anybody tried this? Is it worth it?

Also, how does the actual smell bode?

what’s the cheapest, shittiest, longest lasting cologne I can get? next time this stupid fuck in this one hummer parks so close to me I have to get in through the passenger side door I want to have something absolutely awful to dump down their air vents

Joop Homme

Ribes Mercaptan

Hey guys,my Aqua Di Gio is like 4 years old. It still smells the same so it's ok to use right? This things don't expire or anything do they?

They don't unless you store them in direct sunlight/extreme heat

People have fragrances from the 70s that still smell good

Ha took too long to say basically the same. One user has 60s bottles. My 70s bottles haven't been babied at all, just not abused. Air is the third enemy. Don't leave the cap off your splash bottles.

Get a cheap ass tester 3.4 oz bottle of Little Italy and do about 10 sprays

i second joop homme

demeter moonbeam smells great for 2 minutes then it becomes a really soapy mess

so disappointing

Easy Mode:
>YSL - Kouros
>Demeter - Mildew
Medium Mode:
>Smell Bent - Werewolf Lumberjack
Hard Mode:
>CB I Hate Perfume - CB Musk
Giga Nigga Mode:
>Frederic Malle - Musc Ravageur
>Xerjoff - Zafar

buy some shitty cheap fragrance oil

there you go perfumeoils.com

Today I learned that Hila Klein wears cheap mens deodorant.

The same one Ethan uses.

which one is the worst/has the most potential to ruin the vents forever

kinda bumps her down desu

are you a girl? your cowardice and pettiness makes you sound like one

she'll catch cancer with those things

i still have to find a good natural deodorant; apparently crystal deo is aluminum

ordered mercolas deodorant, ill see

im wasting my money so much

not sure but joop smells like shit
in any case if you dump a whole pound of fragrance oil down the vent it's fucked for a very long time

t. drives a compensation-mobile and parks it like a cunt

>apparently crystal deo is aluminum

Granted not every person can love every scent, but please do. It's the fragrance that really opened my eyes as to how interesting a well-composed scent can be, and remains a top 20 favoorite. I like it best on hot summer days, but it's all season, as well as all purpose. TdHETF is fantastic too.

youtube.com/watch?v=TVQ6C7w4LIE

And forgot to include Katie Puckrick in the talk about yt reviewers. She's not active any more but that won't stop you from falling for her.

Learned about this one today looking around on Fragrantica looking for other cheapies with alleged good sillage. I've heard at least one person say that longevity is not good though.
It's now kind of got me interested in sweetish synthetic smelling fragrances that have either vanilla or tonka bean but not cinnamon.

I blind bought a bottle of this. It chokes me out even with one spray. Can't say I like it a whole lot though it's just meh.

I just bought a Paco Rabanne 1 million from a sale and now that I got on my computer and read some stuff about it, I'm gonna return it because holy fuck.

I used to use Power by Kenzo, but I've never seen it sold anywhere anymore. Please give me directions on something similar that's subtle and beginner tier (read not too expensive) that a 29 year old punk with a dayjob can wear without smelling like a fucking douche.

>29
>punk

it’s time to stop

I'm visiting from /mu/, give my uncultured ass a break here.

Apparently Dior Homme should be quite similar to Kenzo Power. Any others I should try?