/ethnic/ - Ethnic General

>Ethnic/cultural/heritage clothing & accessories
>NEW/MODERN INTERPRETATIONS OF THE ABOVE ("NEO-ETHNIC") AND MODERN FITS WITH ETHNIC INSPO. HIGHLY APPRECIATED!
>Neo-folk clothing
>Ethnic hair/grooming styles
>Inspo/art

Don't post:
>Politics
>Shitloads of low res images from google
>Things that can't be incorporated in modern Veeky Forumsshion (dick extender gourds, testicle pouches etc.)
>Too many run-of-the-mill nat. geo. jungle inspos - 'white' ethnic fits are much harder to find, so try to prioritize those. But all ethnicities welcome!

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=CgtcG_8E7Zg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O2tinqjEfqw
youtube.com/watch?v=xEQntyokA94
youtube.com/watch?v=iT-ZAAi4UQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KvtT3UyhibQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xfijgBZ_F7g
youtube.com/watch?v=_DGNkj2Lw_I
youtube.com/watch?v=4EEwmUiJACc
youtube.com/watch?v=Yrdz-UJbVXQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=O2tinqjEfqw

>still mad

youtube.com/watch?v=xEQntyokA94

my anus is still sore from you bump limiting with 140p google images of men wearing g-string yes. >:^(

youtube.com/watch?v=iT-ZAAi4UQQ

youtube.com/watch?v=KvtT3UyhibQ
More norse.

That's an oath bracelet. Used by the norse to swear on the gods. Often allegiance to a jarl, or a promise to oneself. Could have a modern esoteric use to remind you of promises to yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=xfijgBZ_F7g

It's just a bracelet, nerd. Bracelets were incredibly common on both men and women

Probably wouldn't have been worn without some kind of an oath due to the religious connotations at the time. They were very common since every adult sworn to a jarl wore one, and most adults were sworn to a jarl due to the leidang system (conscription). Apparently they were given at the rite of passage to adulthood. A tradition that is in part morbid - so many kids died it made no sense to register and tax them until they were old enough to probably be survivors. So they didn't become sworn until the pubes started growing.

For the royal service ones, a fancier one was of course worth more to a bandit, but also signified "my jarl is wealthy, if you fuck with me he will come for you", so the real elaborate bracelets were probably used as bandit deterrents.

Christmas sweaters - the thread.

>add some more text to starter
>ask people not spam brazilians
>suddenly 0 bumps and dead thread
why

Here you go, user

Isn't it racist to be white and wear ethnic clothes tho?

All these clothes are ethnically white clothing. If you are not white. don't wear anything in this thread unless you are a little racist cunt.

>Europeans
>having their own heritage and culture

Uhh, try again sweetie :^)

Take it to pol you race obsessed moron.

Yes. It's a micro-agression because it implies wh*tes have culture :(

Are ponchos potentially fa? i reckon they have to be very special and not average for it to look good

I think xe meant white people wearing white ethnic clothes are racist. That said cultural appropriation is a meme. But, THAT said I do get why some people are upset by it. It would trigger me if I saw some black guy wearing full icelandic clothes, having kids with some fat left over icelandic feminist and then pretending he's a native because of it. But most people don't do that. Most cultural appropriation is just a subtle compliment to the appropriated culture.

The norse had extensive trade networks to the caliphates. Palestine through the Mediterranean was a popular end spot. Baghdad was another, through the Rus lands and then the Caspian.

The byzantine cross became so common in Sweden it's now the coat of arms of Täby. Muslim markings were also common in graves, since the dead were buried with priced possessions that they could use as currency in the afterlife.

It's funny how this is very well established information, but recently people have started writing 'news' articles like it's all a great mystery and it must have been because the norse were a multicultural society free of hate.

Kind of appropriated by hippes. A very elegant V-shaped clean poncho might look good, or something real militaristic. Or if you own at least 20 cows.

Post more, assholes

When my husband wears those Scandinavian style sweaters it's so cozy and makes me feel safe
Love them! I'm American and when we visit his family I'm surprised at how well dressed Norwegians are compared to Americans, even in "Christmas"sweaters.

i love the young pope

The race wars are going to be beautiful, the crimes of the Juden will be laid out for the world to see and they will have no where to scurry to

youtube.com/watch?v=_DGNkj2Lw_I
Is Cossack core Veeky Forums?

So basically it's racist appropriation if I wear clothes from other people's cultures but it's racist exclusionism if I wear clothes from my own? I'd give up and just wear a burlap sack, but of course that used to be farmed by slaves...

is this an alt right muh homeland thread?

Very cool

Why is it when we people say ethnic they only mean brown? A Dirndl or a Norse tunic is just as ethnic as a Pancho or a Kimono. White people have ethnicities too, but of course that gets swept under the rug whenever sjw types want to denigrate as many European people as possible.

Gauchos from brazil

Gaucho from argentina

Gaucho with poncho.

Emperor of Brazil Pedro the second wearing gaucho garnments

Are suits considered ethnic french clothing? Honhonhon

You saved the pic I posted :^D
Isn't that guy a real cutie?

youtube.com/watch?v=4EEwmUiJACc

Russian surplus+ethnic clothes

Yes. Welcome fellow Rick and Morty fan.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yrdz-UJbVXQ
Life is waiting for death.

All ethnicities are welcome in the thread I just didn't want that triggered oblivious follower of socialcritical theory guy flooding again.

Also regarding your question google social-critical theory. /pol/ calls it "cultural marxism" I think? Not sure if it's the same thing. Either way off topic.

Cop or not?

I'm a girl btw

show vagina

I like this, I think there should be more native latin-american/inca inspired clothing around. I like what RRL has but most of it is too expensive for me. Also butthurt SJW block clothing like this, but as a mestizo myself I woul like more clothing in this style

dope

I like Russian fashion, but I have a 100% Spanish blood. I would like to wear some stuff that doesn't look obvious that it's from Russian inspiration

An example would be to wear this hairstyle with a nice dress or a good outfit with a skirt, as I adore the feminine part of Russian's fashion for women

Who is the guy on this picture.

I love em

Me