How do you into Veeky Forums during the winter?

How do you into Veeky Forums during the winter?

Depends on winter. Here in winter normally fall jacket with sweater or heattech undershirt is enough.

Wool.

winter is easily the most Veeky Forums season assuming you have a normal cold winter.
if you live in a place with a few snow days a year you're spoiled for choice.

L A Y E R S
A
Y
E
R
S

There's two ways.

Bumping

> tfw fall is the prime season for layering, and winter is exactly like OP's pic-related.

Our winter here is too harsh. I'm talking -40C and then some. Canad-land's got perfect october-novembers though.

How to be a pretty boi without dying of frostbite

but how??

>tfw you live somewhere with snow once 70 years

High quality base and midlayers and you can wear whatever the fuck you want on top.

Diet plays a role too. If you want to stay warm you need to be eating oils and sugars.

Bring Sherpa back in style

Is that why fat people can wear basketball shorts no matter what's going on outside?

>"layering"

I have the opposite problem my friend. How the fuck do I stay Veeky Forums in 30-40 C (~86 f for burgs) heat? It's getting to summer where I live.

viscose cuban collar shirts

Is Sherpa in? I feel like stores have them a lot more now. Or is it because I am interested in buying one and I just notice them more.

all linen everything

slim fitting down jackets exist. they just don't come cheap

uniqlo has one like that

that they do. the only problem is if you live in the city you'll see at least 5 people wearing the same thing when you go out 2 months from now

allmost sure this guy shills for descente here, see these allmost everyday, but i aint even mad cuz thats amazing

I wish. I just want the Allterrain Jap product line to be more available in NA

Move to Southern California where it’s 100F in the middle of autumn

you know you're not from new york when you refer to the entire city (not just manhattan) as the city on the internet with people who may or may not live in the greater new york city area.

yeah you're right. i'm from toronto, where it's colder

>Wear a hoodie
>Throw a bomber over it
>Put on hat
>Switch out hoodie
>Switch shoes according to hoodie
That's it really. I like to keep things simple.

the fuck do you even mean
you can layer the fuck up, that's the absolute best

ok so the simple answer is layering.
a less fashionable person might wear just a hoodie,
layering would be a hoodie with a denim jacket or sherpa or denim jacket put over left open, a bomber jacker (left open etc) , a parka or an overcoat.
or really anything anything you like. and it doesnt just half to be hoodies. you could layer a sweater or turtleneck. some people layer a zip hoodie open with a open denim jacket. this is like a triple layer because you can see your shirt to. you see how many options layering opens up? identify things you like for the bottom layer and find coats you like for the top layer. in 2017 the options are pretty big. examples of jackets would be shearling coats, overcoats, pea coats, denim jackets, bombers, sherpas, raincoats, etc. things you would layer would be no zip coats such as many anoraks or raincoats when it actaully really raining. note: double hood is normally frownded apon.
remember to coordinate your upper half with lower. if your wearing a sweater with a collard shirt peaking out and a scarf with a parka layered open over it, it prob doesnt make sense and wont look good to expose your ankle if you want to wear cropped pants for example.

I like down jackets but any thick jacket will do. military boots/ winterized sneakers in you don't like boots and relaxed fitting everything else. just wear thermal shit underneath. don't be an idiot and freeze just to look the part, always make it functional

also one last point:
don't fall for the lie of techwear being for winter. you look and feel like a nonce when you realize all your £2000 m-3 reflective gore-tex zips do nothing to stop you catching pneumonia

>don't fall for the lie of techwear being for winter
Gore-tex shells are made for winter, they are good at keeping water and windchill out. Outdoor stores market them to be used as hiking jackets all the time.

The problem is that most people just think that's all you need when an insulating layer like a down/fleece/wool sweater is completely necessary to stay warm in below freezing conditions.

no shit, a goretex shell isn't supposed to keep you warm. you layer underneath to insuate

goddamn kekd

I live in South Carolina so things are really inconsistent...

My typical winter outfit (under 30F) is this
>Thick wool coat
>Sweater
>Thick button front shirt (oxford cloth, flannel, etc)
>Long johns if necessary
>Wool trousers
>Thick socks
>Goodyear welted shoe to keep out the water

Days where it's 40-70
>Mac coat/Fjallraven Greenland winter jacket
>Sweater
>Button front shirt
>Wool trousers/chinos/corduroy pants
>whatever shoe works

SEND HELP. I'm walking into my second winter season, still coat-less, searching my ass off for a nice woolen coat. I'm a grill. Had a straight model in mind, preferably with low-set sleeves that slim down my shoulders, and are not too boxy at the shoulders. Ordered pic related but it looked fucking horrible when buttoned up. My problem has been that wherever I look, I find nice cuts and designs BUT they're all wool/polyester blends. I'm looking for a 100% wool coat with lining. Where do I cop? Been to COS and Uniqlo but nothing there caught my fancy model-wise.

On a somewhat-budget. Acne coats are great but currently too expensive for me. Coat in pic costed around $350 dollars. I live in Sweden so not all choices may be available to me. Pls halp I don't want to freeze to an unstylish death.

CLOAKS

Cloak inspo

W2c?

It's been back for two years desu.

never

Merino everything.

Thrift or Tradera m'lady

w2c?

Thanks. What specific brands do you recommend looking into, both on Ebay/Tradera and online? Maybe hard for you since I assume you're male but nice brands will do nice stuff for both sexes I believe.

Honestly if you are just looking for a coat like the one you mentioned, thrifting will be fine and brand wont matter terribly much.

Just don't go to goodwill, look for family owned thrift and what not, and inspect the coat yourself for quality. Ive found some smazing shit while thrifting

looking to buy some cosy black wool sweaters w2c ?

>What specific brands do you recommend looking into
Depends on your body type obv. I would spend a day trying on coats from common brands in your area to see what fits/looks good and then check if Tradera has it.

Wool overcoats are hard to eyeball-fit, like suit jackets. I wouldn't recommend buying one just from looking at model fits.

Shetland woolen co. Nice and fluffy, but bot too thick

Bean Boots
OCBD under a sweater
Thermals and chinos
I have a black peacoat to wear over that but thinking about getting s duffle coat.

if i was rich i'd rock an itten parka most of the winter

Hella comfy and little oversized. Big ass parka and combat boots or timbs

I live in socal. I feel like I'm spoiled for saying this but I fucking hate how it's always warm out. Even in the winter it rarely drops below 60. I'm more comfortable living in the cold than this, and hopefully one day I live somewhere with seasons

flannel under op's jacket. That's pretty much all I can do because it's too fucking cold. I always saw like 2-4 people who would wear shirts/shorts...and then I see goosebumps on them fucking ego fags

What the fuck? Should be asking how to into Veeky Forums during the summer, that's the hardest season to be fashionable in. Winter gives you the most freedom in your clothes

It's more about staying warm without looking like OP's pic. You can't fuck around with layering in serious cold, you need a single , reliable piece of outerwear that doesn't make you look like Michelin guy. I recently bought a hunting parka, but it turned out to be too big for me. I am still looking, and this thread doesn't answer my needs.

Except for this guy , he honors his russian motherland properly

Thanks anons, I will try my best.
I fully agree to the eyeballing, I hate it, but I live in a very small town 2 hours from Stockholm.

Will do my best and not give up.

here's the Solognac hunter parka by the way. Wish those hunter faggots were smaller people or the company gave a shit about manlets

I like this manhwa

id on the shoe model on the right? Dope af

ty about to be one cozy boi

I missed out on that bomber when it was 40 off REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

10/10

Can you name some good thrift shops?

W2c forward pleat trousers?

Are you retarded?Winter is the best for fashion because is when you can wear the most amount of clothes, while at summer is just two garments at most.

I own this. It was my fathers. It has Metalica patches.

It’s very warm.

How does he manage to pull everything off so well?

by having personal stylists/PR people help him dress up